Posted: 31 March 2011 at 4:09am | IP Logged

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-Shayarihindu4lyfmonar

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:15am | IP Logged
First of all, I am so proud of Team India!ClapClapClap
This wasn't just any win, this was a win in the MOTHER of all battles! It was a win that I will ALWAYS remember for as long as I live. I can proudly say that India BEAT Pakistan and outplayed them!Approve

Ok so the start of the game was amazing. It's exactly what I call a PERFECT start! Virender Sehwag showed absolutely NO mercy to Umar Gul. He aims to take charge and pressurise the other team and he did that so well in this match. Didn't he get like five 4's off one over by Gul? Oh and before I forget to mention, thank you so much Umar Gul for choosing to play for India yesterday and not Pakistan! :D haha anyway, it was thanks to Viru that we didn't suffer as much in the middle overs despite NOT HAVING A SINGLE BOUNDARY FOR 15 OVERS!!! :O While Viru was batting, Sachin being the smart guy that he is did not try and match him and hit boundaries at the same time too. He took his own time to get settled. Looks like even God himself was with us that Sachin got dropped FOUR times! Not to forget that LBW where he was unfairly given out. Stupid umpire. That was not the Sachin that I am used to seeing, his innings wasn't a very fluent one but he still made 85 runs and I am very happy that he got those runs. :) Gambhir and Kohli disappointed. Gambhir seems to be slightly out of form as well lately, he looks really nervous on the pitch. 
Coming to Yuvraj Singh! I think after Sachin, we all thought that if no-one else, Yuvraj is going to save us today..after all it's his home ground right? However I remember a certain match in the IPL where he was playing in the same ground and something very similar happened and he got out very quickly. Dhoni is out of form but I still had some hope because I remember when he first played against Pak, he made some 140 runs right? Raina really helped us towards the end! If he had gone then we wouldn't have even been able to bat out the whole 50 overs. I'm really surprised at how well he's done under pressure. God knows what our tail enders were doing, instead of trying to rotate the strike, they were trying to be heroes and get 4's and 6's themselves. :\

Now that I've finished talking about our batting which frankly wasn't as great as it's supposed to be..I will talk a little more about our bowling. Every time a pakistani batsmen would score a boundary, I would feel like there is no hope lol. I've always had this thing against Kamran Akmal, I absolutely CANNOT stand to see him on my TV screen. He annoys the hell out of me just looking at his face. If that wasn't enough to annoy me, when he is fielding then he repeats the same thing at least 100 times. Oh well, we got him out on 19 yay! :D At this point I knew we needed two quick wickets and it would really increase the pressure on them. Yuvraj more than made up for his failure with the bat by providing those 2 crucial wickets. It's funny, when Yuvi bowls he looks like an extremely ordinary bowler but he did well despite getting hit for a couple of runs. I was disappointed with Ashwin not playing but hats off to Nehra for really justifying his place in the team. Very economical and he took wickets too. Same goes for Patel. All our bowlers chipped in as they all took 2 wickets each.Clap
Now that is what I call a TEAM effort. Bajji looked extremely nervous to me but once he got that wicket, he seemed to have got his confidence back.

It's so good to see the Indian cricket team diving, holding on to those important catches and in general fielding very well. Raina and Kohli are just amazing in the field. They really help set the standard for the rest of the team. 

My voice has basically almost gone. I was screaming CHAK DE INDIA every single time we took a wicket and now my throat hurts so bad but it was all worth it!Big smile
Whether we beat SL or not, we just beat Pakistan and got through to the finals. Extremely proud of Team India! Still, I hope we can make SL bleed blue too!

P.S. Sorry for the long post, couldn't help it. I always seem to get carried away while talking about our cricket team lol.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

thickheadViviann-Komal-Rapiermonardebayon-Believe-

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Viru's kid is SO adorable! <3
Virender Sehwag's son joins in the post-match celebrations

We had God on our team ;)
Sachin Tendulkar celebrates India's win with an ecstatic leap

They will NEVER forget this day..I don't think I'll ever forget it either

The celebrations begin after the victory is confirmed

Singh is King! and yet again Afridi failed to make more than 20 runs lol
Contrasting emotions from Shahid Afridi and Harbhajan Singh after the former's dismissal

Visually impaired women in Ahmedabad tune into the radio for commentary during the match :)

Visually impaired women in Ahmedabad tune into the radio commentary for the India-Pakistan semi-final

AMAZING atmosphere
The crowd applauds a boundary

I'd do ANYTHING to be in India right now to witness the celebrations over there

Crackers go off in Hyderabad to celebrate India's victory

Jubilant scenes on an Ahmedabad street after India's victory

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

thickhead-Komal-ViviannmonarAutumn.

CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 6:39am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

thickhead-Komal-monardebayon

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 7:35am | IP Logged
I know the celebrations were a LOT bigger in India but here are some scenes of the celebration in London..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartEmWatson-Komal-Autumn.

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 7:56am | IP Logged

Jo maza Pakistan ki haar main
Na ishq main na pyar main
Na motor main na car main
Na dil main na dildar main
Jo maza Pakistan ke haar main
Na ghar main na bazar main
Na Bagh main na bahar main
Na 7 samandar paar main
Na aam main na anaar main
Na chatni main na achar main
Na hichki main na dakaar main
Na tape main na vcr main
Na sur main na taal main
Na payal ke jhankar main
Jo maza Pakistan ki haar ma.....

Authr. :Unknown

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartEmWatson-Komal-

Autumn. IF-Sizzlerz
Autumn.
Autumn.

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 8:15am | IP Logged

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

thickheadHeartEmWatson-Komal-hindu4lyfmonarDemonStar

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Watching this makes me so proud! It was great to see Aamir singing along to the National Anthem too. Our PM is useless..can't even sing the National Anthem.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-monar

Go to top