India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 41)

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 10:12am | IP Logged
economical Nehra, 2 wickets for Munaf  - redemption for Dhoni.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn.

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Misbah-ul-haq is a rockstar !! ROFL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
YEEEAAAH BABY!!!
Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged
Did India just win? I don't follow cricket. But this news just came in.

If it did, then Congratulations to India!Party
Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged

India beat Pakistan by 29 Runs enter to Final

Tags: World Cup 2011, 2nd Semi Final - India v Pakistan at Mohali - Mar 30, 2011, India, Pakistan, ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, Toss

Published on: Mar 30, 2011

Scorecard | Commentary | Simulation | Partnerships

India kept their unbeaten World Cup record against Pakistan intact as they beat the arch rivals by 29 runs in the second semifinal here on Wednesday.

Harbhajan Singh gave India the much-needed wicket of Umar Akmal when he ended the youngster's 29-run cameo by bowling him off the first ball after the drinks break in the second semifinal of the World Cup here on Saturday.

MS Dhoni's tactic to chop and change his bowlers worked to India's advantage when the left-arme struck a double blow to first castle Asad Shafiq and then invited a mistimed drive from Younis Khan to put India on top in the second semifinal of the World Cup here on Saturday.

Some tight overs by Indian bowlers led to the wicket of Pakistan opener Mohammad Hafeez who played a loose shot to give Munaf Patel his first wicket of the innings in the second semifinal of the World Cup here on Saturday.

Pakistan openers got their team off to a comfortable start of 44 runs but Zaheer Khan struck just just when India needed him to, when he removed Kamran Akmal in the second semifinal of the World Cup here on Saturday.

Earlier, Pakistan openers Kamran Akmal and Mohammad Hafeez looked in no trouble whatsoever as MS Dhoni chose to open the bowling with Zaheer Khan and Ashish Nehra to defend a competitive 260.

Wahab Riaz returned for his final spell of the innings and struck right away to take his fourth and the Indian innings' sixth wicket to put his team on top in the World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.

Sachin Tendulkar's perhaps most charmed innings in one-day internationals was ended by Saeed Ajmal who had the Indian maestro caught in the covers to give Pakistan an upper hand as the Inidian innings entered the last 10 overs in the World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.

Wahab Riaz broke the back of Indian middle order when he sent back Virat Kohli and Yuvraj Singh off successive deliveries to bring Pakistan right back in the World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.

Earlier, Sehwag got India off to a rampant start against Pakistan as he hit Umar Gul for five boundaries in the pacer's second over and also brought up his 1000 runs against Pakistan.

Sachin Tendulkar survived two close calls off consecutive Saeed Ajmal deliveries as the DRS and third-umpire came to India's rescue to give Tendulkar not out on lbw and stumping appeals respectively here in the World Cup semifinal on Wednesday.

Earlier, Sehwag got India off to a rampant start against Pakistan as he hit Umar Gul for five boundaries in the pacer's second over and also brought up his 1000 runs against Pakistan.

But Shahid Afridi's decision to bring on left-armer Wahab Riaz into the attack brought immediate result as the quickie took out a dangerous Sehwag after the Indian opener had made a brisk 38 runs of 25 balls.

Sehwag immediately called for a review of Simon Taufel's decision, but it remained unsuccessful.

On the other end, Sachin looked pretty assured and took India to 73/1 in 10 overs, after which two deliveries stopped India's heart.

Earlier, the most awaited match of the 2011 World Cup got underway here in the northern Indian city of Mohali with a loud cheer receving the two captains for the toss that MS Dhoni won and decided to bat.

India has dropped Ashwin and pacer, Ashish Nehra is back in team. Pakistan has no changes in the team.

Afridi said that this is his biggest game as captain and Pakistan are playing an unchanged team, which means they might have seen the last of Shoiab Akhtar.

Dhoni said after the change in team that it was because he wanted to have more options to work with.

In the World Cup games, both India and Pakistan has met 4 times and India has won all the four matches.

In Mohali, both met each other 2 times and Pakistan won both the times. Both played 115 matches, out of which Pakistan has won 69 matches while India has won 46 matches.

India Playing XI: V Sehwag, S Tendulkar, V Kohli, S Raina, G Gambhir, Yuvraj Singh, MS Dhoni, Harbhajan Singh, Z Khan, A Nehra, M Patel.

Pakistan Playing XI: Mohammad Hafeez, Asad Shafiq, Younis Khan, Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Misbah-ul-Haq, Abdul Razzaq, Saeed Ajmal, Wahab Riaz, Umar Gul.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfDemonStar

Rapier IF-Rockerz
Rapier
Rapier

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 11:23am | IP Logged
Wohooo! CONGRATULATIONS! Dancing

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

thickheadsimi_1hindu4lyfDemonStarAutumn.

karandel_2008 IF-Rockerz
karandel_2008
karandel_2008

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Yeeeeeeeee :D Congrats ppl !!!!and well done to both the teams :)
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 30 March 2011 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
IDK what to say. I'm pretty content on the Indian victory, glad that they won, I can breath a sigh of relief. On the other hand, I don't think it was a well-deserved victory, TBH. Sorry, just my opinion. While the Indian crowd is going berserk, I would say Indian batting has to buck up, especially with Sri Lanka who delivered crushing blows to New Zealand and England, the former both in the group stage, and more importantly in the semi finals. Even though Indian bowling has improved tremendously, with the impressive Sri Lankan batting lineup(as seen in the quarter finals) and Malinga's yorkers(It's still a mystery to me as to why a bowler with an action like him is allowed to play any form of cricket; gives him an easy advantage with yorkers). Anyways, more talk about the bowling later.

I woke up early today to watch the match and watched till the 23th over of the Indian innings. TBH, even though God was pretty impressive, the one who shined was Sehwag. He really knows how to put the pressure on the bowlers in such a tense situation himself.Clap Kudos to him! His wicket was an unfortunate blow, and India dipped from then on. Of course, Master Blaster was very, very impressive, but considering the fact that he was dropped 4 times, I'd say luck was a major part of his innings. Expected slightly more from him. Other than that, batting was a disaster.  You don't expect this sort of batting from such a strong batting line-up, with most batsmen have a average in between 35-45 ish.Gambhir couldn't play at all. Don't get me started on Dhoni. Yuvraj, dismissed on the very first ball he faced, that too on his home ground. Kohli was dissapointing, expected much from him. Raina got to a start, and even though he was not out, he couldn't capitalize on it, but wouldn't blame him he was short of time. When I checked the score at the end of India's innings and saw 260/9, I thought they were gonna lose, and I thought to myself "well, yeah, they  deserve it." Of course I was proven wrong, and I'm glad

Couldn't see Indians bowling, but looking from the scorecard, everyone chipped in with wickets equally. Zak was a little costly, very surprised. Other than that, bowlers were economical. But can they keep improving their bowling for the next Sri Lankan game? That's the million dollar question. And the batting should really, really improve.  Otherwise, there'll be no chance to win the Cup. Well, hopefully this will be a perfect swansong to Gary Kirsten's career as Indian coach, I am actually really disappointed by his decision to leaveOuch I mean, he is the perfect coach for India, especially after the dismal Greg Chappell. Also, I would like the Indian team to win as payback for their poor performance in the last World Cup. Go India! Big smileBig smileParty

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-DemonStarAutumn.Summer3-Believe-

Go to top