Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 38)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

The least they could have done is got Dilshan out! Now Dilshan is probably going to overtake Sachin in the highest number of runs. :(

Well now that the only other team I was supporting is on the verge of crashing out, I can support India properly now. :P There is way too much at stake for the match on Wednesday. :|

Trott had already surpassed Sachin ..he's the leading sun scorer with Dilshan in 2nd place. 

Was expecting sm fight from England .. but this turned out to be a completely one sided match.

Of interest is how ppl rate Trott's performance. Bob Willis  and many others, have been very harsh .. according to them, he scores at such a slow rate that others feel the pressure, resort to slogs or ugly heaves and end up getting dismissed. He's also of no use during powerplays and towards the end.  Also,this criticism isn't smthing new, the same was talked about even before the WC ..

Arre I wasn't so worried about Trott because even though he had scored the most runs, when SL started batting it became pretty obvious that England were going to lose so he would be overtaken soon anyway.

I didn't watch the entire match but what happened towards the end? Was Dilshan in some sort of pain or something? I want NZ to win on Tuesday *crosses fingers*
I was expecting a fight from England too, esp. considering the last few games in the knockout stage. Without Peietersen and no Broad it was never going to be easy. I mean I don't know what India would have done without Sachin and a bowler like Zaheer Khan. 

I thought Trott was one of the few things worth talking about in the English team. Yes he has a slow strike rate but they weren't chasing and the score was just about par on that pitch. If he had gotten out then England probably would've made a much lower score. It takes a lot of skill to stay out there and bat even when your team is crumbling but he is definitely no use during the powerplay.

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by P1nk

My babies are playing tomorrow. *Prays*

LOL Babies got badly spanked ..this is what happens when infants are pitted against men. Hopefully ur babies shall have outgrown their diapers by the next world cup LOL

They did bad because you didn't fix their diaper properly.Big smile
thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 7:48pm | IP Logged

My babies are playing tomorrow. *Prays*

LOL Babies got badly spanked ..this is what happens when infants are pitted against men. Hopefully ur babies shall have outgrown their diapers by the next world cup LOL

They did bad because you didn't fix their diaper properly.Big smile

Arre y me ? your babies, u're the nanny so ur is the responsibility Tongue

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 8:27pm | IP Logged

I didn't watch the entire match but what happened towards the end? Was Dilshan in some sort of pain or something? I want NZ to win on Tuesday *crosses fingers*
Dilshan (and Tharanga as well) had developed severe cramps due to dehydration. 

I was expecting a fight from England too, esp. considering the last few games in the knockout stage. Without Peietersen and no Broad it was never going to be easy. I mean I don't know what India would have done without Sachin and a bowler like Zaheer Khan.
True. England have been plagued with all sorts of problems throughout the tournament - Broad had injury, Pietersen had hernia, Yardy had depression. ECB cud be blamed to sm extent - they shud've managed the calendar better. In the last 5-6months, Eng have been playing non-stop cricket that too away from home so fatigue cu be a factor (obv. not in peterson's case :P) 

I thought Trott was one of the few things worth talking about in the English team. Yes he has a slow strike rate but they weren't chasing and the score was just about par on that pitch. If he had gotten out then England probably would've made a much lower score. It takes a lot of skill to stay out there and bat even when your team is crumbling but he is definitely no use during the powerplay.

Hmmm.. nobody's undermining Trott's contribution; criticism is mostly at his inability to adapt to the demands of situation. He has a rigid technique and just can not accelerate the scoring rate. His style is more suited to the role of sheet anchor i.e. when he's batting alongside an aggressive player like prior or pietersen as then the strike rate doesn't really matter. If there's no such support from the other end then, usually, it is expected of a good player to take up the responsibility and step up the run-rate himself - Trott always fails in that deptt. 

In yesterday's match, SL showed that the pitch had no demons yet England managed to score a paltry 229 with 4 spare wickets. Even during the end-overs, when runs become more important than wickets, he just couldn't attack the bowling.

In my opinion, if he doesn't change or improve then his survival in the end overs would always hurt England's chances of getting a big score - smthing which is of utmost importance on subcontinent pitches.  

Edited by thickhead - 27 March 2011 at 10:07am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

zorrro IF-Dazzler

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 4:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 8:28am | IP Logged

To make the Ind Vs Pak match more interesting , Now sreeshant should be given a 2nd chance !!

annu02

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

To make the Ind Vs Pak match more interesting , Now sreeshant should be given a 2nd chance !!

Nopez we already played the whole series with 10 players, where opposition have added advantage of 12 Players, Munaf Bhai!

So to make it more interesting - Munaf for a change should play for India and Kamran shud keep on playing for Batsmen infront of him

Edited by monar - 27 March 2011 at 11:03am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

thickheadhindu4lyf

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

Originally posted by Believe

Nopez we already played the whole series with 10 players, where opposition have added advantage of 12 Players, Munaf Bhai!

So to make it more interesting - Munaf for a change should play for India and Kamran shud keep on playing for Batsmen infront of him

Okie...........Big smile
Ab to har ghadi ye...DIL darega.....
Ab to har ghadi ye......DIL darega.....
Kya Pakistan k against Last Over
Ashish Nehra karega.....LOL

thickhead

Go to top