go india go

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Nice analysis but on paper India had only won twice against the aussies in the WC. On paper India had lost their last 4 matches in Ahmedabad but we came through in the end and I can only hope that we do the same against Pak.

I think India's fielding today was the best it has been in this WC. Like Dhoni said, we probably saved at least 15 odd runs and that could've made a huge difference towards the end. Players like Raina really do set an example for the rest of the teamClapalthough I think Gambhir is one of the poorer fielders in our team :\

See Afridi may not be such a great bowler but he's doing the job and taking wickets and creating pressure on the batting team. I think Team India all of a sudden find some sort of motivation when we play against Pak and I hope that is the case on Wednesday again. 

IMO "threatening" bowler is someone who, more often than not ,takes wicket on the merit of his bowling e.g. Akhtar, Steyn. Afridi has taken a lot of wickets, so has Yuvraj, but  neither of the two is a quality spinner. It is for the same reason that Afridi hasn't had much success in the Test arena - he doesn't have the skill to induce an error from a gud player when there isn't any run-rate pressure. Infact just did little analysis on stats guru - in past 2 years Afridi has 3rd highest wicket but at "not so amazing" avg and strike-rate http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=20;qualval1=wickets;size=100;spanmin1=05+Jan+2009;spanval1=span;team=1;team=2;team=3;team=4;team=5;team=6;team=7;team=8;template=results;type=bowling . Umar Gul is Pak's most potent weapon. That said, I agree he's (Afridi) doing a gud job but still isn't a cause for worry.

btw, what abt aaj ka match ? didn't watch it but was stunned when i checked the result - SA was the most balanced side in the tournament and now they've been ousted by a team that was routed 4-0 few month back by minnows Bangladesh ..WC just does stop churning out surprises !! thrilling contest and a major upset.T his WC final might turn out to be an all-Asia contest.

ranj97 Newbie
ranj97
ranj97

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

India World Cup squad: Sreesanth, Rohit Sharma ignored

Squad: MS Dhoni (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Yuvraj Singh,Thumbs Down
Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Piyush Chawla, R Ashwin

Ndtv.com
this team will rockWink!!! INDIATongue BEAT AUSTRALIAClap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal--Believe-

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:14pm | IP Logged
My babies are playing tomorrow. *Prays*
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Nice analysis but on paper India had only won twice against the aussies in the WC. On paper India had lost their last 4 matches in Ahmedabad but we came through in the end and I can only hope that we do the same against Pak.

I think India's fielding today was the best it has been in this WC. Like Dhoni said, we probably saved at least 15 odd runs and that could've made a huge difference towards the end. Players like Raina really do set an example for the rest of the teamClapalthough I think Gambhir is one of the poorer fielders in our team :\

See Afridi may not be such a great bowler but he's doing the job and taking wickets and creating pressure on the batting team. I think Team India all of a sudden find some sort of motivation when we play against Pak and I hope that is the case on Wednesday again. 

IMO "threatening" bowler is someone who, more often than not ,takes wicket on the merit of his bowling e.g. Akhtar, Steyn. Afridi has taken a lot of wickets, so has Yuvraj, but  neither of the two is a quality spinner. It is for the same reason that Afridi hasn't had much success in the Test arena - he doesn't have the skill to induce an error from a gud player when there isn't any run-rate pressure. Infact just did little analysis on stats guru - in past 2 years Afridi has 3rd highest wicket but at "not so amazing" avg and strike-rate http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=1;opposition=2;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=5;opposition=6;opposition=7;opposition=8;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin1=20;qualval1=wickets;size=100;spanmin1=05+Jan+2009;spanval1=span;team=1;team=2;team=3;team=4;team=5;team=6;team=7;team=8;template=results;type=bowling . Umar Gul is Pak's most potent weapon. That said, I agree he's (Afridi) doing a gud job but still isn't a cause for worry.

btw, what abt aaj ka match ? didn't watch it but was stunned when i checked the result - SA was the most balanced side in the tournament and now they've been ousted by a team that was routed 4-0 few month back by minnows Bangladesh ..WC just does stop churning out surprises !! thrilling contest and a major upset.T his WC final might turn out to be an all-Asia contest.

Yuvraj creates the image of 'nothingness' which is why most of the wickets he gets are soft dismissals and it's probably why he doesn't receive much praise for his wickets. No doubt he isn't as threatening as a bowler like Gul/Akhtar but he's not doing a bad job at all as a part time bowler. I think the reason why Afridi is considered 'threatening' is because of the fact that he has the most wickets in this WC and that may well play on the minds of the batsmen as soon as he comes on to bowl. Sometimes that is enough to get rid of the opposition. Similarly, Umar Gul has already said that he will be looking to get rid of Sachin and Viru.

I was watching 'Wah Cricket' on Star News and there were 2 Indian cricketers talking between themselves. They made a point that when it comes to India and cricket and the general view of the public then hum sab team se haar sakte hai - SA, england, west indies, new zealand etc lekin pakistan se harna bilkul mana hai!LOL 

Nehra/Patel HAVE to go but who should they bring in instead? Sree can be so expensive and i'm not sure if we should take that risk of bringing him in to play a match. Oh, I heard that it has been confirmed that Wahab will not be playing against India on wednesday. 

DemonStar

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 6:04pm | IP Logged
Tomorrow's match should be veryy interesting! England have a thing for providing viewers with nail biting matches and Sri Lanka have dangerous top order batsmen and decent bowlers too. Yardy's gone home due to depression but let's see how England do anyway. Oh and aaj ka match nahi dekha :( but I was extremely happy that NZ won! SA really seem to love their tag 'chokers'. Yes, it's true that NZ lost 0-4 against Bangladesh but they have also made it to the semis in the last 6 WC's if i'm not mistaken. If Pakistan win on wednesday it means they may be faced with the only team that they couldn't quite manage to beat lol and if thankfully SA lost otherwise we may have had to face them again when they too are the only team that we have lost to.

Anyway, here is the interview by Yuvraj. If you had asked me my view on Yuvraj Singh last year I would've said he is an extremely snobby and arrogant man and that's not just because he was playing really badly but I really loved this interview of his! <3

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 10:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ranj97

Originally posted by Believe

India World Cup squad: Sreesanth, Rohit Sharma ignored

Squad: MS Dhoni (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Yuvraj Singh,Thumbs Down
Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Piyush Chawla, R Ashwin

Ndtv.com
this team will rockWink!!! INDIATongue BEAT AUSTRALIAClap

For me!!

-Komal-

-Komal- Goldie
-Komal-
-Komal-

Posted: 26 March 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged

SA- The chokers!!

Go to top