Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 35)

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

No joke, the whole of last night I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of this match.

On any other given day, I snooze my alarm at least 6 times before waking up in time for uni and today I was up half an hour before my alarm went off. :P

When the ball hit Brett Lee and he was bleeding I did feel sorry for him but in the end I was just too happy about India winning to worry about anything else! lol

We finally settled the score from 2003! :D

Pakistan bowling vs Indian batting - any idea who will win?

Wasn't taking anything away from Team India; they deservedly won the match .. and there's no dearth of commitment from our side too e.g Sachin .. but Lee is a nice guy  - a rarity in the aus side, to thoda sa empathy for him n his effort. 

India's victory and Pakistan's loss - these are the 2 things that i unconditionally wish, hope and support .. lol so obviously i'd luv to see Pakistan soundly beaten by India Tongue.

On a serious note, Pakistan has a well balanced bowling attack, but other than Umar Gul on a seaming track, none can be considered a threat ..Afridi has been amongst wickets but i consider Ajmal as a better bowler than him - Afridi relies more on pace variations rather than spinning-skills. Moreover, they don't have grt batsmen to take advantage of our bekar bowling attack.

So alteast on paper, India appears to have an upper hand ..

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-hindu4lyf

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

No joke, the whole of last night I couldn't sleep because I was thinking of this match.

On any other given day, I snooze my alarm at least 6 times before waking up in time for uni and today I was up half an hour before my alarm went off. :P

When the ball hit Brett Lee and he was bleeding I did feel sorry for him but in the end I was just too happy about India winning to worry about anything else! lol

We finally settled the score from 2003! :D

Pakistan bowling vs Indian batting - any idea who will win?

Wasn't taking anything away from Team India; they deservedly won the match .. and there's no dearth of commitment from our side too e.g Sachin .. but Lee is a nice guy  - a rarity in the aus side, to thoda sa empathy for him n his effort. 

India's victory and Pakistan's loss - these are the 2 things that i unconditionally wish, hope and support .. lol so obviously i'd luv to see Pakistan soundly beaten by India Tongue.

On a serious note, Pakistan has a well balanced bowling attack, but other than Umar Gul on a seaming track, none can be considered a threat ..Afridi has been amongst wickets but i consider Ajmal as a better bowler than him - Afridi relies more on pace variations rather than spinning-skills. Moreover, they don't have grt batsmen to take advantage of our bekar bowling attack.

So alteast on paper, India appears to have an upper hand ..

Nice analysis but on paper India had only won twice against the aussies in the WC. On paper India had lost their last 4 matches in Ahmedabad but we came through in the end and I can only hope that we do the same against Pak.

I think India's fielding today was the best it has been in this WC. Like Dhoni said, we probably saved at least 15 odd runs and that could've made a huge difference towards the end. Players like Raina really do set an example for the rest of the teamClapalthough I think Gambhir is one of the poorer fielders in our team :\

See Afridi may not be such a great bowler but he's doing the job and taking wickets and creating pressure on the batting team. I think Team India all of a sudden find some sort of motivation when we play against Pak and I hope that is the case on Wednesday again. 

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 5:47pm | IP Logged
CONGRATS GUYS! TEAM INDIA WON!!!! Party
Battle ground is set... GO INDIA GO

Edited by monar - 24 March 2011 at 6:48pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Loving your siggy Monar! It's great to know our players are in form but when it comes to the semis, it all depends on how you perform on the day and on that day no past records will help you. If anything, it will give them confidence so that is a good thing. :)

Btw, here's a quote from cricinfo about Yuvi.

Yuvraj revealed that there was a driving force behind his recent success. A person he will unveil if India make the final on April 2. "I am playing this tournament for a special person. That special person always comes into my mind whenever I am in a pressure situation. Hopefully it works out till the end."

Not only was he a bit secretive, he even turned philosophical about his good work against Australia. "You have a lot of thoughts [in the mind while batting] but whenever you want to desperately do it for your country and your team it somehow works out. It is great it is working at the right moment in the World Cup. It is a great victory for us."

Anyone have an idea who this person may be who seems to have helped Yuvi find some form?

Edited by hindu4lyf - 24 March 2011 at 7:21pm

monar

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Have yet to watch the highlights of the game. Stupid school keeping me busyOuch

Well, from what I saw of the scoreboard, I'd say hats off India.Big smile I had a feeling that with the absence with the greats such as Warne, McGrath, Gilchrist etc, Australia will have to struggle their way out and it'll be a difficult task for them. But then again, its Australia, so I was also pretty apprehensive. Today, in Programming class, I did more of score reading then programming itself. Luckily teacher didn't catch me.LOL Anyways, I would like to laud the bowling attack for restricting Australia to a very gettable score. Not many wickets fell, but I guess they were outstanding with the ball and maybe even the fielding improved. I think that might've boosted Indian batsmen's morale a bit. And then of course, the combined efforts of Little Master, Gambhir, Yuvraj and Raina took the game away. I would say Gambhir's actually having a nice time out there, and it's unfortunate that media is shining their light on mostly God and Yuvraj, Kohli etc...I think Gambhir has had very good consistent scores that has laid the foundation of India's victories. Anyways, other than that, all due credit goes to Yuvraj I guess. Well played!ClapClap

Now the challenge will be with Pakistan. Apart from the home team pressure and the fact that Indo-Pak matches are always tense, the fact that Pakistan bowling, spearheaded by Afridi, and decent batting by Misbah etc will definitely be a challenge for India. Not sure about the Mohali pitch, so can't comment on that, just that there will also be an immense pressure on Yuvraj to shine as well(home ground). Anyways, this is sorta look like 2007 T-20 WC, where Yuvraj's 80-something led to India's win against Australia and then the finals were against Pakistan. Just hope that Misbah miscues a shot again.Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfmonar

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 24 March 2011 at 9:54pm | IP Logged

Loving your siggy Monar! It's great to know our players are in form but when it comes to the semis, it all depends on how you perform on the day and on that day no past records will help you. If anything, it will give them confidence so that is a good thing. :)

Btw, here's a quote from cricinfo about Yuvi.

Yuvraj revealed that there was a driving force behind his recent success. A person he will unveil if India make the final on April 2. "I am playing this tournament for a special person. That special person always comes into my mind whenever I am in a pressure situation. Hopefully it works out till the end."

Not only was he a bit secretive, he even turned philosophical about his good work against Australia. "You have a lot of thoughts [in the mind while batting] but whenever you want to desperately do it for your country and your team it somehow works out. It is great it is working at the right moment in the World Cup. It is a great victory for us."

Anyone have an idea who this person may be who seems to have helped Yuvi find some form?

none other then the best in the business - THE SACHIN TENDULKAR!

-Komal-

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 25 March 2011 at 1:54am | IP Logged

Chak de India!!!!

Abke leke aaa ooooDancing

-Komal-

Go to top