India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 29)

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:38am | IP Logged
Seems like England have taken the onus of making this World Cup fun and exciting.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1hindu4lyf

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by thickhead

My faith in WI victory turned out to be misplaced optimism or bad omen ... WI lost Disapprove .. 

Bad luck or bad bating skillsSmile

EDIT: The victory "almost" seals Eng berth in qf .. tigers are out unless they defeat SA

Ya true!Big smile
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:01pm | IP Logged

lagta hai England's world cup campaign ka popat ho gaya .. LOL

Lol you spoke too soon!
RRR was never a problem for WI but I knew that as soon as they lose the lower middle order, England were going to win it.

Looks like India is going to have to do it the hard way and beat WI this Sunday. As soon as we get Gayle and Pollard out, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Some horrific shots played by the lower middle order batsman in the WI team in today's game.

England have played all 6 games and as far as I can remember all 6 of them have been thrillers!

Edited by hindu4lyf - 17 March 2011 at 1:46pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1

thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Lol you spoke too soon!
RRR was never a problem for WI but I knew that as soon as they lase the lower middle order, England were going to win it.

Looks like India is going to have to do it the hard way and beat WI this Sunday. As soon as we get Gayle and Pollard out, I'll breathe a sigh of relief. Some horrific shots played by the lower middle order batsman in the WI team in today's game.

England have played all 6 games and as far as I can remember all 6 of them have been thrillers!

LOL yea. till Sarwan was there, i thought they had a chance but kya karein thoda premature celebration ho gaya :P. 

Overall, match was a thriller but the quality of cricket wasn't that great ..

Regarding India vs WI - India doesn't need to winhttp://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1594332&PID=40309431&#40309431.  

If India loses and Ba beat SA(v. unlikely) then the 4th qf slot from Group B shall be decided b/w Eng & India via the NRR where India has a definite edge(0.768 vs 0.07) at present. So, all thats needed is to ensure that if they lose then the loss margin isn't too big (e.g. Wi - 300 & India foldup at 150 ..)..

Edited by thickhead - 17 March 2011 at 1:42pm

hindu4lyf

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 1:50pm | IP Logged
I was reading Cricinfo and found out that the only 2 secanrios that India can get eliminated are: If WI make more than 350, and India get bowled out for like 119, or if India get bowled out for 150 or so, and WI can chase it down in 20.2 overs....so most likely India is gonna qualify. But let this be a warning for Dhoni: I request you to keep your experiments to yourself. Please do not promote YP up the order. He is a slogger who comes in hand at #7 rather than #3. And please its about time you try out Ashwin. The man was pretty handy in India-SA ODI series last year, and was not bad in the warm-ups.(Didn't get wickets but was economical) Chawla is getting hitting all around the place. Please, please, try out Ashwin for once!

I would've really liked to see Ireland qualify to the next round. The way they showed gritty resistance and that spiritful nature is just commendable. They have a good bowling line up and a decent handy batting order. Had they been more experienced, they would've done wonders. Clap Which is why I am against ICC's decision on this WC being the last for the associate and affiliate nations. Thumbs Down

I also really hope Bangladesh qualifies. They have done their bit and worked hard. They have done wonders from 1996 WC to the present. Shakib and his men really deserve another chance to enter the next stage. But of course they will have to beat SA for that. Well here's to them beating SA!

Edited by debayon - 17 March 2011 at 1:52pm
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Lol you spoke too soon!
RRR was never a problem for WI but I knew that as soon as they lase the lower middle order, England were going to win it.

LOL yea. till Sarwan was there, i thought they had a chance but kya karein thoda premature celebration ho gaya :P. 

Overall, match was a thriller but the quality of cricket wasn't that great ..

Regarding India vs WI - India doesn't need to winhttp://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1594332&PID=40309431&#40309431.  

If India loses and Ba beat SA(v. unlikely) then the 4th qf slot from Group B shall be decided b/w Eng & India via the NRR where India has a definite edge(0.768 vs 0.07) at present. So, all thats needed is to ensure that if they lose then the loss margin isn't too big (e.g. Wi - 300 & India foldup at 150 ..)..

It's interesting how little things can completely change a game. IMO Tredwell shoudn't have gone when he was on 49, but unfortunately WI had no reviews left. I think the review system has highlighted the poor quality of umpires in international cricket and how easy it is to miss the little things that cameras can detect. 

I felt guilty for supporting WI today but I really just wanted India to qualify already! :( Arre if our bowlers continue to bowl the way they have been doing so far then no doubt players like Gayle will take advantage of that and then 350 won't seen impossible at all. 

@debu: I really want Ashwin to have a go as well! The only thing I'm worried about is him giving in to all the pressure. I hope Dhoni makes the right choice in the end.

thickhead

P1nk IF-Dazzler
P1nk
P1nk

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
Dancing
thickhead Senior Member
thickhead
thickhead

Posted: 17 March 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by P1nk