Page 2 of 56

Page 1
Page   of 56
Page 3 Page 56

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 7:20am | IP Logged
Moved all WC related discussions here. I'm sure there will be plenty more.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 7:51am | IP Logged
Some news channels says....sreesanth omitted because of dhoni...the secret is that selectors first preferred sreesanth..but in the video conference with dhoni, he insisted that he dont want sreesanth in team..actually sreesanth is not having an injury at present..its dhonis tactics to stay him away from team..ok watever.... am not gr8 supporter of sreesant...bt he is playing ok now a days I think soSmile

Before this Agarkar and now Nehra.... They perform in one match and play 50 matches...On these batting tracks.. think about Nehra bowling... hmmm may god save the team !!

And why Indian team need 4 spinners ....?Confused

I think When we have part time spinners like yuvraj, sehwag, pathan, raina in the team what was the need of third spinner..instead of Ashwin we could have Parthiv for a balanced team..Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JATINTHAKKAR

silentstriker

silentstriker

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Some news channels says....sreesanth omitted because of dhoni...the secret is that selectors first preferred sreesanth..but in the video conference with dhoni, he insisted that he dont want sreesanth in team..actually sreesanth is not having an injury at present..its dhonis tactics to stay him away from team..ok watever.... am not gr8 supporter of sreesant...bt he is playing ok now a days I think soSmile

Before this Agarkar and now Nehra.... They perform in one match and play 50 matches...On these batting tracks.. think about Nehra bowling... hmmm may god save the team !!

And why Indian team need 4 spinners ....?Confused

I think When we have part time spinners like yuvraj, sehwag, pathan, raina in the team what was the need of third spinner..instead of Ashwin we could have Parthiv for a balanced team..Smile

I completely agree with your point. Their is absolutely no need for this decision. India is famous for its part time spinners and their match winning abilities. But then there are fitness problems with the pacers + inter team politics which has led to this tem selection.

Edited by silentstriker - 18 January 2011 at 11:22am

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

India World Cup squad: Sreesanth, Rohit Sharma ignored

Squad: MS Dhoni (captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir,
Yuvraj Singh,Thumbs Down
Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yusuf Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, Zaheer Khan, Ashish Nehra, Munaf Patel, Piyush Chawla, R Ashwin

Ndtv.com
I think this is quite the ideal team. Mixing youngsters with experienced players is the way to go.

Sreesanth really hasn't done much as far as I know, and the picthes in the subcontinent aren't gonna help him and his bounce. Pshhh, Rohit Sharma, don't even get me started, all I'll say is that fame got to his head, and instead of continuing the form he had in the T20 World cup in '07, he acquired a family pack.

Yuvraj is quite a dependable batsman, IMO, but he has been given many opportunities to perform, and yet he fails for the most part. I am surprised how he is even on the team considering other better players like Irfan or even Murali Kartik aren't on the list.

Dhoni is purely there for his ability to lead the team properly and his coolness in tough situations.

hindu4lyf

souro

souro

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 12:52am | IP Logged
Why are people surprised at the exclusion of Ishant Sharma? As far as I remember, that guy hasn't done anything worthwhile with the ball for the last year and a half. On top of that he has dropped pace, doesn't bounce the ball viciously anymore and fails to get the ball swinging too.

In recent times, the only important achievement of his came with the bat, when he scored 32 in company of VVS Laxman in that 1 wicket win of India against Australia in Mohali. But for the WC, the team wants a bowler not a decent no.10 batsman.

debayon

IF-Sizzlerz

debayon

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:02pm | IP Logged
Are you kidding me? Are you saying no one's interested in the WC? Ermm

Oh well, I feel there shouldn't be an IPL this season. The players will be tired for the WC, and for me, WC > IPL.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Are you kidding me? Are you saying no one's interested in the WC? Ermm

Oh well, I feel there shouldn't be an IPL this season. The players will be tired for the WC, and for me, WC > IPL.

Tbh the main reason why I watch the IPL is to see Sachin play for Mumbai.Day Dreaming

But Debu doesn't IPL take place later this year whereas WC starts next month so it shouldn't really be a huge problem should it?

Less than a month left till the first game! Ahh I'm excited!! :D I just hope India don't underestimate Bangladesh again. 

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 20 January 2011 at 3:28pm | IP Logged
WC > IPL fo'sho

WC starts 02/19, I don't know when IPL is. I downloaded the World Cup app for my droid.

debayon

Post Reply New Post

Go to top