Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 15)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

I couldnt read the whole argument but let me jot down my views

CRICKET is most corrupt game in India, and if you can deny this? players are roaming out or become a commentator even after proven guilty for betting, shouldnt they be behind the bars like very small scale betting guys? or u wanna say other games dont have privilege of betting hence its not cricketers to blame on Ermm
Do you think we dont have better players then Mr. Srisanth/Ravinder Jadeja and etc? why they have been given many chances where other good players sitting at home? how about ICL? if you remember the format that was first introduced by Kapil and Zee TV all guys were forced to be guilt.... Sharad Pawar should get Bharat ratna for that Sleepy

the gist of my blabbering is - cricket is good sport, but in India its the base of corruption + mess. Where all other sports persons struggle on their own without any support, Cricketers gets involve in all messy stuffs even after having best.

Agree to some extent. When it comes to corruption in India though, it was never really just about cricket now was it? I don't mind cricketers giving their own two cents once they leave the field and I think the ICC is too strict on them when they give them fines or ban them for simply speaking their mind. It's a free world and ICC should respect that..as long as the rules aren't broken I really don't see what the problem is.

Players like Jadeja and Chawla are more likely to be chosen because they have been tried and tested before. BCCI would face even more criticism if they bought in a brand new player who simply didn't know how to handle the pressure of the WC. I guess when it comes to tournaments like the WC then it's better to be safe than sorry.

@bold: I've always believed in innocent until proven guilty and I do have some amount of faith in the Indian cricket team and I don't deny that yes, I am probably a little biased. Oh and about betting and match-fixing..I hope Mohammed Azharuddin burns and rots in hell.SmileHe deserves that for bringing shame to the country and the sport.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Sorry for spamming now but it was disappointing that today's match was a washout. I was hoping SL would win the match! :(
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
Just like I don't see any logic in your argument, it's only fair I suppose. 

Yeah, better luck next time then !

Ok, so you mean to say that Cricket is more watched because it is enjoyable than other sports. Yes, it is enjoyable. But not because Hockey is boring to watch. Cricket is enjoyable in it's way and so is Hockey. Just because it is MOST enjoyable in your eyes, doesn't mean it's the WINNER ! - As in, it's greater than any other sport.

For me, it is a reason to hate Cricket when cricketers are getting overpaid, while Hockey players are not getting paid enough. If you don't happen to feel the same, I couldn't care less about that. 

There is a reason why I said follow your Hockey team ! Poor guys won the Asia Cup and got NOTHING. That's absolute injustice. If they get as many facilities as the Cricketers do, and still don't play as well, there's obviously a reason to not like them. 

Edited by .Doe. - 07 March 2011 at 12:16am
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
And as for Lee-Hesh, they have achieved what Sharapova, etc have achieved. They did that in doubles..11 GSs, isn't that an achievement enough ? But well, doubles appeal isn't as much.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashrozia

Just like I don't see any logic in your argument, it's only fair I suppose. 

Yeah, better luck next time then !

Ok, so you mean to say that Cricket is more watched because it is enjoyable than other sports. Yes, it is enjoyable. But not because Hockey is boring to watch. Cricket is enjoyable in it's way and so is Hockey. Just because it is MOST enjoyable in your eyes, doesn't mean it's the WINNER ! As in, it's greater than any other sport.

For me, it is a reason to hate Cricket when cricketers are getting overpaid, while Hockey players are not getting paid enough. If you don't happen to feel the same, I couldn't care less about that. 

There is a reason why I said follow your Hockey team ! Poor guys won the Asia Cup and got NOTHING. That's absolute injustice. If they get as much facilities as the Cricketers do, and still don't play as well, there's obviously a reason to not like them. 

What a surprise there eh!Tongue

Just because I said cricket is more enjoyable, doesn't mean others sports are boring. It's just that the other sports are not as enjoyable as cricket, hence why one of the reasons a lot of people in India prefer cricket to sports like hockey. I'm not talking about how enjoyable cricket is for me, but i'm talking about the people of India. For me, synchronised swimming is almost as enjoyable as cricket! lol that reminds me, I have to book tickets for that event in the olympics next year! :D

English footballers get paid crazy amounts too, our basketball players don't get paid as much though. Is that a reason to hate english football? Well done to our hockey players for winning the asia cup, but even our cricket team wouldn't get so much respect if they won the asia cup. Winning the T20 or WC on the other hand really is something else!
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 10:49am | IP Logged
With the facilities they are given, winning the Asia cup is quite big. Obviously, even if India win the Asia cup in Cricket, they get a great amount of accolades. More so, if they win against Pakistan (don't tell me they don't !). So if they do, even the Hockey team should.

Lol, I hate Soccer on the whole. So much money involved in the sport..& stupid England players are in the news only for their WAGs ! Jeeeeeezzzzzz ! Can't tell how much I hate that dumb damsel - Ashley Cole. I was discussing the same with Summer3 the other day as well.

Edited by Ashrozia - 05 March 2011 at 10:50am
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 11:01am | IP Logged
I would hardly call their facilities poor or inadequate but yes, they probably do not get the same star treatment as some of our cricketers would.

I can't wait for an Ind vs Pak match, they're always so interesting and India seem to find a new incentive to play well when they play against themLOL

You call footie soccer? Let me guess, you're American?TongueAshley Cole's a twat. I do have a thing for his ex-wife though. Cheryl Cole is HOTTT! Even though my mum thinks she has no talent whatsoever lol.

Edited by hindu4lyf - 05 March 2011 at 11:01am
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 11:05am | IP Logged
Well, India defeated Pakistan in hockey. So I'd say that it's injustice Tongue

Lol, please ! I am NO American Dead 
Ok, football and soccer are one and the same, right ? I mean, otherwise why would FIFA have Football in it's name ? LOL
Americans have corrupted the name (like they have corrupted many words) with their corrupted version of American football. LOL

Cheryl Cole, ahh..she needs to move on ! She'd get thousands of better men, one among them being Lionel Messi, if she tried. He has a little thing for her. LOL
But no, I don't like her, lolzzz. Most of the modern day singers have no talent whatsoever, hehehee ! LOL

Edited by Ashrozia - 05 March 2011 at 11:05am

Go to top