Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

ICC World Cup 2011 (Page 14)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ashrozia

LOL ! There's a difference between a beauty contest and in sport. Every sport is special, not one. Every sport is equally important and difficult in it's own way. You can't say that this sport is greater than this, so I'll watch it, LOL !
Laughable.

Now of course the damage is done, it cannot be repaired. So I will be blaming cricket forever..I can have my opinions, can't I ? LOL

Ahh..I see ! In Chess, you need to use your brains more when compared to Cricket. Isn't that stressing enough ? Ok, how much do Leander Paes & Mahesh Bhupati get paid considering they play Tennis and have made many records ?? Hmmm ???

Ok, so that's like saying, if Indian military fails, you'd call them embarrassing instead of working towards their welfare.
How many matches has England won in Cricket ? Don't their supporters still support them ? Travelling world wide around them ?? How many people do that when it comes to football or hockey here ??

Oh btw, India came out in the same way in the 2009 T20 WC as well. So the ratio is 2:1 ! Tongue

Did you even know about this ?

Hmm why is it laughable to enjoy one sport more than another and consider one to be greater than the other?ErmmMake sense to me! Every sport may be 'special;, some provide more entertainment for some than others and it makes sense why they would prefer it to another sport. If all sports were just as great as each other than basketball would be just as famous as football in the UK and cricket would be just as famous as table tennis in China.

I never stopped you from having your own opinions, I was just trying to search for some logic in them, that's all lol. It can be argued that for cricket you do not just need to use your physical strength, but mental strength too in terms of making important decision as to who should bow first, field setting, when to take powerplays, playing according to the run rate and many many more things.Wink

Tennis still gets a certain amount of attention in India, mainly thanks to Sania Mirza and her pakistani husbandLOLWhen people think cricket, India's name automatically comes to mind as one of the best cricketing nations. When people think of Tennis, people think of the William sisters, Nadal, Federer, Murray etc. How many people across the world think of Mahesh Bhupati and Leander Paes? India is a country where one has to struggle a lot for records and achievements before you get recognised. It'll never be easy in such a huge country, especially if the media do not help promote the sport.

Just because the Indian football team isn't good, doesn't mean they should stop playing, but they can't expect fans to follow them around like English fans do until they start playing well. England is considered a good international team in both cricket and football. India is yet to achieve that status, so how can they expect fans to start travelling the world for them?

Oh and the ratio can be whatever it is, doesn't change the fact that we're one of the best, if not the best cricketing nation according to the record books.

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
I didn't say it's laughable if you enjoy one sport more than the other. I laughed at your comparison. B'coz, it included words like "winner". What do you mean ? Cricket wins over the other sports just because people like it !? No, it doesn't.

Oh I see..I don't think I have been as successful in showing you logic then. Either ways, as I long as I find logic in my thinkings and opinions, I don't care if someone else finds it or no. Depends on the way you see it..

Obviously, nobody thinks of Lee-Hesh..that's also partly because of the appeal of doubles Tennis. But you cannot underestimate their capabilities. So them not getting paid as much as Cricketers is NOT justified. And anyway, if you look at the overall popularity of Tennis, it can be said that Lee-Hesh would be more popular than our cricketers. I am just guessing, coz Lee-Hesh are IN the record books, no doubt. So every Tennis follower would be knowing about them..I am just guessing.

As for Chess, I said MORE brains than Cricket. I didn't say that they didn't use any in Cricket.

I don't think the Football players expect any. It's our duty in fact..

& I thought I spoke about India's overall record outside India in cricket. It is not good as Australia. & I didn't deny that they're one of the best, did I ?? 

Edited by Ashrozia - 05 March 2011 at 8:47am
monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:52am | IP Logged

Thanks for saying that Monar (can I call you that ?).

True, I forgot about the corruption in the game. And what with IPL and all that !

Oh btw, what about Sidhu roaming about after all that murder business he had done !? He shouldn't be blamed (at least partly) if he is still roaming around, making HUGE amounts of money, instead of counting his days in the jail ?

Yeah sure.. btw, I am Mona... I made my point, I myself was once very big supporter of Indian Cricket team and I am still a "biggest" claim karne mein kya jata hai Embarrassed of Sachin!!!!

and Siddhu is out not only because he is cricketer but he is MP too LOL so I dont think cricket is anyways responsible, in this case its : politics + corruption - cricket Embarrassed

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:53am | IP Logged
Btw, England followers kept following them around when they almost lost to everybody. There was a time when they lost against Australia miserably, & on a regular basis. That however didn't stop their fans from following around. In fact, the MOST number of England followers (Barmy Army) are in huge attendance when they play against Australia (against whom, England more than consistently lost).
MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 8:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by monar

True, I forgot about the corruption in the game. And what with IPL and all that !

Oh btw, what about Sidhu roaming about after all that murder business he had done !? He shouldn't be blamed (at least partly) if he is still roaming around, making HUGE amounts of money, instead of counting his days in the jail ?

Yeah sure.. btw, I am Mona... I made my point, I myself was once very big supporter of Indian Cricket team and I am still a "biggest" claim karne mein kya jata hai Embarrassed of Sachin!!!!

and Siddhu is out not only because he is cricketer but he is MP too LOL so I dont think cricket is anyways responsible, in this case its : politics + corruption - cricket Embarrassed

Obviously. I am not saying that one should not support Sachin or the Indian cricket team or whoever. I just put my points forward. But at the same time, I don't think anybody should be called "Illogical" if they give out their reasons as to why they don't support Indian cricket.

Btw, Sidhu joined Politics in 2004 I guess..but he murdered that man in 1988.

Either ways, Cricket is about politics here, which sucks !

& even if it wasn't for Sidhu, what about Praveen Kumar who got out very easily when he beat some Doctor ?? That's obviously because he was a cricketer. 

Edited by Ashrozia - 05 March 2011 at 8:58am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

monar

monar IF-Sizzlerz
monar
monar

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged

Originally posted by monar

Obviously. I am not saying that one should not support Sachin or the Indian cricket team or whoever. I just put my points forward. But at the same time, I don't think anybody should be called "Illogical" if they give out their reasons as to why they don't support Indian cricket.

Btw, Sidhu joined Politics in 2004 I guess..but he murdered that man in 1988.

Either ways, Cricket is about politics here, which sucks !

Yeah but I think the case was opened later? Confused or am I missing something?

LOL! in subcontinent that's the irony, cricket is about stardom, mess, corruption, paisa, politics and then comes the SPORT! I wont deny we have best teams but darn! we just won the world cup once.. knowing that we are richest after FIFA and with loads of support, the only game that poeple 'watch" at home!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

MagixX IF-Rockerz
MagixX
MagixX

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:07am | IP Logged
Lol, I am not sure about the case. I might be mistaken then...

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 05 March 2011 at 9:16am | IP Logged

I didn't say it's laughable if you enjoy one sport more than the other. I laughed at your comparison. B'coz, it included words like "winner". What do you mean ? Cricket wins over the other sports just because people like it !? No, it doesn't.

Oh I see..I don't think I have been as successful in showing you logic then. Either ways, as I long as I find logic in my thinkings and opinions, I don't care if someone else finds it or no. Depends on the way you see it..

Obviously, nobody thinks of Lee-Hesh..that's also partly because of the appeal of doubles Tennis. But you cannot underestimate their capabilities. So them not getting paid as much as Cricketers is NOT justified. And anyway, if you look at the overall popularity of Tennis, it can be said that Lee-Hesh would be more popular than our cricketers. I am just guessing, coz Lee-Hesh are IN the record books, no doubt. So every Tennis follower would be knowing about them..I am just guessing.

As for Chess, I said MORE brains than Cricket. I didn't say that they didn't use any in Cricket.

I don't think the Football players expect any. It's our duty in fact..

& I thought I spoke about India's overall record outside India in cricket. It is not good as Australia. & I didn't deny that they're one of the best, did I ?? 

Lol, seems like we're going around in circles here cause I find I'm just repeating myself now. :\
Oh, was I supposed to just assume that's what you mean when all you said was 'laughable'? Guess I'll know for next time then. :S

Isn't that what we're debating over right now? The popularity of sports in India? and isn't popularity about how many people watch and enjoy the sport? So surely the whole 'cricket wins over other sports because people like it' statement is in fact true? If no-one liked cricket, no-one would tune in to watch the game.

I don't mind if someone doesn't support their country, or if they choose to support Australia or SA because apparently they are a 'better team'. Hell, I've lived in the UK almost all my life and I still support India over England. The only issue I had was that I do not see logic in the whole 'cricket is more popular than other sports in India and the cricketers get paid too much and they model too much' as a proper reason for disliking cricket in India. You're entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to seeing very little logic in your opinion. I fail to find logic no matter which way I look at it tbh lol.

I think you'll be surprised that there are quite a lot of tennis fans, that have not heard of Paes or Bhupathi. My point is not that they are unheard of, of course they are and yes, they are in the record books! My point is that they are yet to achieve what players like Sharapova, Murray and the rest have achieved.

I think it's slightly difficult to debate how much usage of the brain is needed for a sport so i'll leave it at that lol.

If it's our duty to follow Indian footballers around then isn't it also our duty to follow our Indian cricket team around also?

Go to top