Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago
We won! :D, well done India, Jai Hind!
Congrats India!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No words can explain the ecstasy that each Indian is experiencing right now...It just has to be experienced and soaked in and kept as a memory of lifetime...

And what better proof of team's unity than the way they ALL dedicated the cup to their/our/India's beloved Sachin ???I mean every single one of them had the same thing to say - its for Sachin....Don't know about others but personally to me it was quite overwhelming to see the love and respect the team has for this little master....A fitting tribute to the Legend!!!!

Talking about the unity, such victories sure not only bring a team together, but the whole country...That's the magic of sports!

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
"Only in India will you see the entire team dedicate their victory and contribution to one player - Sachin Tendulkar. Only in India will you see the players lift their South African coach and honour him for their victory. Only in India will you see a Pathan lift Tendulkar to honour him and respect his dedication to cricket. No race, creed, colour, caste will EVER seperate our unity and integrity. Proud to be an Indian. Jai Hind"
^ True that!!!!! And to think that not just the team but the ENTIRE India agrees in unison that this cup is for Sachin...not now, but right from the onset of the tourney...I feel so satisfied now...*tears of joy*

I still can't get over the winning moments....the cheers, the tears, the happiness....ufff PURE JOY!!!

Here in NJ we created a mini India....the Indian stores people are distributing free sweets and people are screaming and shouting like crazy...hahaha...HOWEVER, I can do ANYTHING to be in India right at THIS moment to be a part of all the madness that is going on right now....Really ..what a missπŸ˜”
monar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
WHAT A SIGHT GUYS WHAT A SIGHT EVERY ONE CRIED WITH THE WIN.. SO DID THE FAN! I AM STILL NOT OVER FROM THE FEELING OF BEING A WORLD CHAMPS!
PEOPLE DANCED HERE IN US TOO WOW!!!

CRICKET MIGHT BE SPORTS ONLY BUT ITS A REASON TO BRING ALL INDIAN TOGETHER!!! AND AS I SAID EARLIER I WANTED THIS WORLD CUP FOR THE LEGEND HIMSELF.. AND WHAT BETTER TO KNOW THEN THE WHOLE INDIA WANTED THE SAME!!!!

WHAT VIRAT SAID GAVE ME GOOSEBUMPS ---

"Sachin carried the whole nation on his shoulders for 21 years and We owe to carry him"

knowing that Virat himself is 22 years old only!

Jai Hindi! Vande Matram
That brilliant quote by Virat is going to go down into history as the best cricketing quote ever, as far as India is concerned!!!!!πŸ‘

I am sure the lad is going to carve his own place with his cricketing skills but it wont be any exaggeration to say that with this quote he  made sure he will remain in every Indian cricket fans heart forever....πŸ‘πŸΌ
Oh and not to forget the BEST every runner up speech made by the awesome Srilankan captain.....I had goosebumps when he said anything less than 350 will not stand a chance in front of the Indian batting lineup - edification and respect for the winning side...That and the way he accepted India's victory with grace is such a heartwarming thing to watch....Srilanka are a formidable unit and a great team to watch (when playing against the other teams that is..haha)

Edited by cricketfan1 - 13 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

What a great innings by Dhoni & Gambhir, after Sachin (as usual not rising to the occasion when it matters most) & Sehwag brought India down to 33 for 2, the nerve and temperament displayed by them has been great...

Am I seeing too much but there was a visible divide in the team even during celebration on the ground..

Thank you men in blue, we love you..!

That would mean an expectation that it is mandatory for Sachin to deliver on such occasions and not for the team to deliver.

If you are a good team there is no expectation on one player or another to deliver on any occasion, but the expectation that the entire team will deliver the sum total of what is needed to win. I did not see any team divide at all. In fact throughout the tournament I saw team India playing as a unit with everybody chipping in, unlike the past where we depended on few key players. Virat Kohli's statements summed it up, for 21 years Sachin has been carrying the inhumane burden of fickle expectations of having to rise for each and every big occasion, today he had a whole team ready to share the burden of expectations - thats why its no wonder we won, and its no wonder the whole team dedicated it to Sachin.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
 Anhoni ko honi karde
Honi ko anhoni..!!

ek jagah jab jama ho teeno,..........RAJNI,GHAJINI AUR DHONI!

Someone told me the enthusiasm of POONAM PANDEY brought India's good luck...lol But where is Poonam Pandey ?? Will she keep her promise.!πŸ˜›
Edited by Believe - 13 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tendulkar's BIGGEST fan standing next to him with the World Cup in his hand