Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rapier thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!🥳

DHONI IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and not to forget GAMBHIR! I bow down to him!

What a match! WAY TO GO INDIA! you brought back what was rightfully ours!!!! i'm thrilled!
-Komal- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
OOOOWWWWOOOOWWWWWWWWW

We woonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words can really not define what i m feeling
its like a dream cum true!

Tho I was sure v wud win but just like the previous match I dint know I wud feel so! Man!!!

All I can say is that
I m proud to be an Indian. Its always been great to be the champions.

Special congratulations to Sachin Tendulkar, M S Dhoni, Sehwag, Yuvraj, Gambhir and all the players and also all Indians :)

@Malinga
Dude! Dont worry! U wil win the IPL ;) LOL
Edited by -Komal- - 13 years ago
-Komal- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Diwali, dussehra n holi
r 2gthr today out at my place!!!!!
People hav gone crazy. Which was expected!

One thing which gives me satisfaction ---

INDIA- THE WORLD CHAMPIONS!
Edited by -Komal- - 13 years ago
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Hiiiiiyaaaa....Hurrrrreeeeeeeeeee....yapppieeeeeeeeeeeee!!!🥳🥳🥳

India ....Indiaaaa...(Clap Clap Clap Clap)🥳
India ....Indiaaaaa...(Clap Clap Clap Clap)🥳

Chak de India!!!!🥳

Congratz to All indians and Supporters!!👏🥳
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I'm not even going to attempt to try and describe just how happy I am right now and how proud I am of the men in blue.

The fact that they are the first ever hosting nation to have won a match on their home ground speaks for itself really. They won on a ground where most teams that bat first win. They won despite the fact that they had pressure of scoring runs and both the openers got out very quickly. WHAT A WIN! 

They've done it for Sachin and they've done it for those billion people depending on them and praying for a win and a repeat of 1983. Thank you very much Team India for winning the World Cup! :)

Maybe I'll do a proper match analysis when I'm not as excited about the win! :P 
Indradhanush thumbnail
What a great innings by Dhoni & Gambhir, after Sachin (as usual not rising to the occasion when it matters most) & Sehwag brought India down to 33 for 2, the nerve and temperament displayed by them has been great...

Am I seeing too much but there was a visible divide in the team even during celebration on the ground..

Thank you men in blue, we love you..!
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

What a great innings by Dhoni & Gambhir, after Sachin (as usual not rising to the occasion when it matters most) & Sehwag brought India down to 33 for 2, the nerve and temperament displayed by them has been great...

Am I seeing too much but there was a visible divide in the team even during celebration on the ground..

Thank you men in blue, we love you..!

@bold: Most people gave the Indo-Pak match more importance than the finals today and as far as I remember. he scored 85 very important runs for the team right? He can't possibly be expected to perform in every single match and he has been pretty consistent in this WC. Yuvraj got out on 0 on his home ground and today Sachin got out for 18 on his home ground. They're both still great players.

I don't know about you but I saw a very much united Indian cricket team. The way they gave so much respect and credit to Sachin was just amazing to watch. :)
Indradhanush thumbnail
In match against Pak Sachin was dropped 4 times, he must be uncomfortable himself, 

Yes it is the matches like these (final world cup) where players like him are supposed to perform , I stick to my words..
hindu4lyf thumbnail

Originally posted by: Indradhanush

In match against Pak Sachin was dropped 4 times, he must be uncomfortable himself, 

Yes it is the matches like these (final world cup) where players like him are supposed to perform , I stick to my words..

Lol I knew that was coming. It doesn't change the fact that he still made 85, the highest contribution from the entire team. I'll be the first to admit it wasn't one of his best knocks though and neither the most fluent but runs are runs at the end of the day. 

He was actually playing quite well. Sometimes we should give credit to the bowler for bowling a good ball and getting a wicket instead of just blaming the batsmen that got out.

Either way, it doesn't bother me cos I still consider him one of the greatest cricketers ever and stats will probably say the same thing. Of course I'd have loved to see Sachin bat for longer but personal records don't mean much in the WC. For all I care all batsmen could have got out on 49 or 99 as long as we won the match, which we did so I have no complaints whatsoever. :)
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Virat Kohli today said about Tendulkar: for 21 years, he has carried the burden of the country on his shoulders, it's time we carry him on ours...

In retrospect, I think it can apply to the match as well. The other batsmen today--namely Gambhir and Dhoni (Kohli and Yuvi did a fine job also!)--got a chance to carry the burden and win it FOR Sachin! And how well they did it!

The rest later..for now I am too much on a high :D