Dancing for fun vs Dancing dangerously

surmai_shaam thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Should dancing  be mainly for fun or there should be some excitement in the form of dangerous moves like dancing blind folded. This is a high level competition and the mentors will try to bring some thing new. How far should the mentors go. Geeta ma lectured this girl for 2 hours as she was not perfecting blind folded dancing. May be Geeta ma  believes in "jab dance kiya to darna kiya..". What are your views about dancing for fun mainly vs dancing dangerously😃

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Generally some amount of risk and danger is always there but they should cut out all the unnecessary risky and dangerous moves as far as possible.
Why take unnecessary risk and ruin your life.
If possible there should be safety features provided.

vickosh thumbnail
I dont know why you say the blind fold dance was risky. Well I dont think there was that much risk in the blind fold dance.  Both were not blind folded.  IT was the partners responsilbiity to make sure the girls did not hurt herself.  He made sure he was there whenever she needed to be caught.  I am positive that he would have stopped her from getting to a dangerous place.

I really dont like it when they do things that restricts  a dancer from movements and things do not look graceful.  For example somebody dancing with only one leg or in wheel chair etc.  They get so many sympathy votes when actually there is no dancing at all in these acts.  So much importance is given to expressions on the face(which is acting and not dancing) that in many acts there is not dancing at all.
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
Dance itself can be considered risky because of all the stunts and movement you have to do. i think it's interesting to watch other try different things in their act, and if they have confidence to do it, then why not let them do it? 😃
--jassi-- thumbnail
^^ True, It wasn't too dangerous
I think it's better to dance with just a few dangerous types o moves, but what I really don't like about DID is that sometimes, contestants end up doing acts that are mostly just stunts.

For example,
Salman from the 1st season did the fire act and I really didn't like it because the whole time I was just freaked out that something bad is gonna happen. That was a really risky act and he shouldn't have risked his life like that!
tulipbaby53 thumbnail
That's a good point. A lot of times people use these types of stunts as stunts, and we don't get to see much dancing.
surmai_shaam thumbnail
I think Geeta ma mentioned that Sangeeta hit her head on the wall or some thing during rehearsal and she(geeta) had a sigh of relief when the act went safely.Edited by surmai_shaam - 13 years ago
dmgmjht4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Okay, well Sangeeta probably practiced over and over again (first time not blind-folded then later blind-folded) that she would figure out the steps and where to go. Sure, accidents like hitting your head happen. But with practice, you would get better at it.

Coming to the dancing for fun vs dancing dangerously, stunts can be a part of a performance, if the right amount of safety was there. But it shouldn't be the entire performance overall. Then the "dancing" part gets ruined. Besides, you should dance freely and not be hurting or risking yourself in dancing.
Summer3 thumbnail

Frankly I enjoyed her dancing without any blindfolds.

A bit of stunts is exciting but there must be a limit.
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
This is what I call risky:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUXeuc-o_S0[/YOUTUBE]

Binny is a pretty brave person to pull of something as risky as this with blindfolds on! It was an enjoyable performance but extremely dangerous.