Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

India-Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Oh Aham - what are we going to do with you!!! (Page 2)

upasana.diya IF-Dazzler
upasana.diya
upasana.diya

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lovtv

@you're right Diya.

It has been since the day she entered MM but since Diwali he has observed her doing this...before that he didn't pay much attention to her.

correct Kaaki... the only person who he pays 100% attention to is his mom and she could have put to right the prejudices Ahem had... but would she.... God... this mother-son duo will turn us into raving lunatics

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sky23

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=upasana.diya

and koki is to blame too... she never corrects Ahem's misunderstandings about Gopi... i believe teej vrat day is an example...
[/QUOTE]

Absolutely Diya, Kokila most of the time will not correct misunderstandings to Aham about Gopi, maybe in the beginning (as mentioned on this forum already) she thought Gopi would be a threat if Aham loved her and cherished her, it would leave her (Kokila) in the cold, where as the power in the household would transfer from Mota Bhabi (Hetal) to next generation Mota Bhabi (Gopi). I remember a conversation she had with Aham in earlier episodes, i want you to work so hard and make so much money that when anyone see's me Kokila Modi they know who's mother i am. That episode aired just when Gopi withdrew her vows and Kokila told him she didn't want anything to distract him from working, you like to work my son.

Teej Vrat, Gopi followed the tradition and broke her fast with the image of Aham (speaking to Kanaji that my husband does not love me) as he insulted her on the phone, by telling her he will have to come to pretend to feed her as if he cares about her, she was insignificant to him. Kokila locked her in the storeroom, Gopi fainted, Mani (the servant) told Kokila everything, she told Gopi to eat and watched her eat too, she should have gone to her son to tell him what had actually occurred, but he was shouting, and walked away angrily. Kokila recognised his mind was set already, nothing she could say would bring him to appreciate Gopi at that time, Kokila perhaps is afraid if she pushe's Aham too much he will walk away from the family, as he threatened to when Gopi washed his laptop, he only came back under the compromise Kokila reached with Gopi to take back the vows of marriage. 

Another example is Kinjal stealing the Raksha Bhadhan jewellery gifts from Kokila's cupboard and hiding them, Kinjal accused Gopi as the thief, but Kokila listened to both Kinjal and Gopi and told Aham (he had started yelling at Gopi) no my daughter in law always speaks the truth, if she says she found the jewellery there she found them there, also she had noticed Kinjal's fingers with soil on them, Kokila had to balance my child being put on the spot in front of everyone as a thief or i speak to her privately, she spoke to her privately and tried to resolve the situation. So in that instance perhaps she could have also gone to tell Aham privately too, what had occurred, Kinjal stole the jewellery. But Aham's temper she was probably afraid of the ruckus he would raise in the house trying to find out why she stole the jewellery to begin with, but perhaps the fact she was dating Umang (Anita's brother) would have come out sooner, and shorten the KInjal track.

Aham's cynicism has led him to believe that they is nothing pure and innocent. Also his temper appears so quickly it's often difficult to speak to him when he has a bee in his bonnet. Recently Kinjal trying to tell him no need to go away she isn't pregnant, he was not ready to listen, Gopi explaining about Shagun 1000's same thing, him being a boss of a company has led him to push other's opinions back and force his through perhaps to convince clients perhaps why ever he does it only the CV's know the answer.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

upasana.diya-tellyaddict-

upasana.diya IF-Dazzler
upasana.diya
upasana.diya

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by WintersBloom

Originally posted by upasana.diya

and koki is to blame too... she never corrects Ahem's misunderstandings about Gopi... i believe teej vrat day is an example...

Absolutely Diya, Kokila most of the time will not correct misunderstandings to Aham about Gopi, maybe in the beginning (as mentioned on this forum already) she thought Gopi would be a threat if Aham loved her and cherished her, it would leave her (Kokila) in the cold, where as the power in the household would transfer from Mota Bhabi (Hetal) to next generation Mota Bhabi (Gopi). I remember a conversation she had with Aham in earlier episodes, i want you to work so hard and make so much money that when anyone see's me Kokila Modi they know who's mother i am. That episode aired just when Gopi withdrew her vows and Kokila told him she didn't want anything to distract him from working, you like to work my son.

Teej Vrat, Gopi followed the tradition and broke her fast with the image of Aham (speaking to Kanaji that my husband does not love me) as he insulted her on the phone, by telling her he will have to come to pretend to feed her as if he cares about her, she was insignificant to him. Kokila locked her in the storeroom, Gopi fainted, Mani (the servant) told Kokila everything, she told Gopi to eat and watched her eat too, she should have gone to her son to tell him what had actually occurred, but he was shouting, and walked away angrily. Kokila recognised his mind was set already, nothing she could say would bring him to appreciate Gopi at that time, Kokila perhaps is afraid if she pushe's Aham too much he will walk away from the family, as he threatened to when Gopi washed his laptop, he only came back under the compromise Kokila reached with Gopi to take back the vows of marriage. 

Another example is Kinjal stealing the Raksha Bhadhan jewellery gifts from Kokila's cupboard and hiding them, Kinjal accused Gopi as the thief, but Kokila listened to both Kinjal and Gopi and told Aham (he had started yelling at Gopi) no my daughter in law always speaks the truth, if she says she found the jewellery there she found them there, also she had noticed Kinjal's fingers with soil on them, Kokila had to balance my child being put on the spot in front of everyone as a thief or i speak to her privately, she spoke to her privately and tried to resolve the situation. So in that instance perhaps she could have also gone to tell Aham privately too, what had occurred, Kinjal stole the jewellery. But Aham's temper she was probably afraid of the ruckus he would raise in the house trying to find out why she stole the jewellery to begin with, but perhaps the fact she was dating Umang (Anita's brother) would have come out sooner, and shorten the KInjal track.

Aham's cynicism has led him to believe that they is nothing pure and innocent. Also his temper appears so quickly it's often difficult to speak to him when he has a bee in his bonnet. Recently Kinjal trying to tell him no need to go away she isn't pregnant, he was not ready to listen, Gopi explaining about Shagun 1000's same thing, him being a boss of a company has led him to push other's opinions back and force his through perhaps to convince clients perhaps why ever he does it only the CV's know the answer.

i think you are right about Aham's bursting a nerve if Koki starts explaining things to him...

but what made him into a cynic...
he was the one who left his love....
his mom selected the bride and not the other way round
his kaka recognizes his (Aham's) contribution to company more than his(chirag) own child's

what is there for him to be cynical about... evrything has been going his wayConfusedUnhappy

choti_rani-tellyaddict-

choti_rani Goldie
choti_rani
choti_rani

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

i think you are right about Aham's bursting a nerve if Koki starts explaining things to him...

his kaka recognizes his (Aham's) contribution to company more than his(chirag) own child's

what is there for him to be cynical about... evrything has been going his wayConfusedUnhappy

Exactly Diya I don't understand it either. Everything in life has always gone his way. No one has put a gun to his head. The decisions and choices he made in his life were exactly that, HIS. His arrogance and hot-headed nature prevents him from seeing anything beyond himself. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

upasana.diyaevad.Verity.

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Eesha2

Exactly Diya I don't understand it either. Everything in life has always gone his way. No one has put a gun to his head. The decisions and choices he made in his life were exactly that, HIS. His arrogance and hot-headed nature prevents him from seeing anything beyond himself. 

It's what he does as an occupation, I think you have got be cynical and stubborn to succeed in big business, to run a large company I mean. Aham is having trouble leaving that cynicism at the office, remember the 13/12/10 episode (Candles and Flowers) the sarcasm why cover your head you have crossed your limits already "she wants something" what is it? to stay in MM. 

Though Gopi took back the vows he has had to do Janmashtami with her, buy her jewellery at Ketki's insistance, dance dandiya with her, declare love to her with a rose(didn't get his way entirely).

Not to forget, his Mom has a Bahu, but that means he cannot marry anybody his tied to the marriage for the Mom's happiness. Because that's the next thing we all will be waiting for now, is Gopi going to leave after the Kinjal Dhawal marriage, what is going to happen when Kokila says to Aham Gopi is not leaving the MM.

upasana.diya

upasana.diya IF-Dazzler
upasana.diya
upasana.diya

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:38pm | IP Logged

It's what he does as an occupation, I think you have got be cynical and stubborn to succeed in big business, to run a large company I mean. Aham is having trouble leaving that cynicism at the office, remember the 13/12/10 episode (Candles and Flowers) the sarcasm why cover your head you have crossed your limits already "she wants something" what is it? to stay in MM. 

Though Gopi took back the vows he has had to do Janmashtami with her, buy her jewellery at Ketki's insistance, dance dandiya with her, declare love to her with a rose(didn't get his way entirely).

Not to forget, his Mom has a Bahu, but that means he cannot marry anybody his tied to the marriage for the Mom's happiness. Because that's the next thing we all will be waiting for now, is Gopi going to leave after the Kinjal Dhawal marriage, what is going to happen when Kokila says to Aham Gopi is not leaving the MM.

but isn't that his problem and nothing to concern with Gopi??? so why is he taking out the frustration he is having with his mom's decision on a third party... 
he hasn't done anything for gopi, so why demean her... she is already being abused by people she is caring for... she is not caring for ahem and she is also there on her own sufferance... not like she is very happy being there..

well we basically can't argue for or against a person... Gopi too frustrates me... if i were to get a husband like Ahem and am in Gopi's situation... my silent message would be like "go to hell" and i won't bother with him or his family... my standard answer would be "i don't know, how am i supposed to when u asked me not to interfere"....

evad-tellyaddict-

choti_rani Goldie
choti_rani
choti_rani

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:00pm | IP Logged

Like Diya said isn't that his problem, why take it out on Gopi. I understand Gopi needs a little kick in the head too like Diya said, but you can't take your frustrations out on someone else. At the end of the day weather Gopi was Koki's choice or his HE ultimately married her. No one forced him to do it. And besides that Gopi isn't the one telling him or forcing him to do all those things. He is doing it to make his mom happy, ultimately HIS choice. And I totally agree with Diya. Gopi needs to leave the house. I mean at the end of the day she doesn't deserve that. Althought I highly doubt our CVs would let that happen. 

-tellyaddict-

.Verity. IF-Stunnerz
.Verity.
.Verity.

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged

but isn't that his problem and nothing to concern with Gopi??? so why is he taking out the frustration he is having with his mom's decision on a third party... 
he hasn't done anything for gopi, so why demean her... she is already being abused by people she is caring for... she is not caring for ahem and she is also there on her own sufferance... not like she is very happy being there..

well we basically can't argue for or against a person... Gopi too frustrates me... if i were to get a husband like Ahem and am in Gopi's situation... my silent message would be like "go to hell" and i won't bother with him or his family... my standard answer would be "i don't know, how am i supposed to when u asked me not to interfere"....

I agree with you on that one, his frustrated with how his marriage life has turned out, it was his and Kokila's decision, it's not Gopi to blame BUT HOLD ON ISN'T GOPI TO BLAME TOO? He tried to break it off with Gopi (the letter to say he didn't love her, was it in Kinjal's hand or Aham's hand, that Gopi couldn't read because she's illiterate), on Gopi's "mendhi" night Kinjal revealed to her, her brother's love for Anita, on "their engagement" exchanging of rings (when Gopi reached to place the ring on Aham's finger, he offered no encouragement that he cares for her or smile nothing, he did not look at her at all, then Aham jerked his hand away from her causing the ring to fall down, Anita returned the ring to Gopi, then the second time of asking he didn't extend his hand to Gopi at all to put the ring, she waited for a while before Kokila lifted his hand for Gopi to place the ring, the whole time again Aham didn't look at Gopi he look above Gopi's head at Anita). I kind of feel for Anita.

So all three (Aham, Kokila and Gopi) are to blame for the GoHam relationship, perhaps Gopi thought in her kind hearted way she could win him over by following Baa's instructions and whoever else's advice. 

I think in today's Aham's conversation with Parag is quite telling, I don't think he thinks much about emotions but is more practical in his approach to everything. Also the reason he does well at the office could be this reason too. Also what's frustrating about SNS (one of the thingsLOL) as it's reported from Gopi's perspective (from a young girl's perspective) and we don't get to see the thoughts of Aham. We see Rashi and Gopi's thoughts only, so we don't know what Aham is fighting, has he started to care for Gopi and his hiding that fact or he steadfast ignoring her.

Edited by WintersBloom - 17 January 2011 at 4:09pm

-tellyaddict-

Go to top