India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

Geet's story IS real and has happened in REAL life

Aarti_1990 Newbie
Aarti_1990
Aarti_1990

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone, I'm Aarti (not my real name but can call me this) and am new to this Geet forum and have just started watching this show.

The storyline of Geet is really really freakishly and weirdly similiar to one of my closest friends! Its like they've copied the storyline of this close friend and put it onto the Geet show.

This friend has a similiar name, looks similiar to the acteress DD AND is from the same place (Hoshiarpur!!) as Geet!!! (I'm being totally honest here...she DOES look exactly like Drashti Dhami and is ultra ultra fair and pretty).

She's really really really pretty to just like DD (in fact one the most beautiful girls ever if not prettier- no offence)- sorry i just had to highlight this. She came from a really rich big Punjabi family and was really intelligent. She too got married to an NRI, who was brought up in India then moved abroad (I won't give too many details for anonymity).

Later on they found out that this NRI man whom she had gotten married to had previously been married (several times!) and was already a father of a kid- and had been married many times before, and never even told her all thisAngry!Angry The NRI man took full advantage of her familyAngry. This girl couldn't even tell her family members what had happened in fear of judging her because of her sad fate- its some kind of Indian thing where one has to preserve their reputation.

She then got pregnant and was left at the airport...just like Geet! In the show Geet has found her dream man, but this girl whom I'm talking about hasn't...so not everyone finds their dream man at the end- sad ending here. Their story in the beginning is SO similiar, that its as if they copied it from her real life experience- its like a coincidence.CryCryCry

In the end she was forced to live with this NRI man for the rest of her life- because no one else would accept her child otherwise.Angry

But anyways my point is that all of this does happen in real life. I know not all NRIs are bad....(I'm an NRI myself so I'm not generalising)....but it just shows how careful one must be....plz take time when deciding and research properly about whom you are getting married to and just be wise and play it safe plz.

Edited by Aarti_1990 - 17 January 2011 at 1:35pm

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

Paingelwatergirl68inlailapnjPGirnmaneet2011Nandita5-eiya-Nikhi.simplytoxiceminentKinshukKiDewaniAntaresNinelivesshalini01esha143Fallen Angeltinselsona-rai

esha143 IF-Rockerz
esha143
esha143

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
I hope your friend finds courage to face the problems of her life bravely !!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aarti_1990Nikhi.

ArmaanBabii Senior Member
ArmaanBabii
ArmaanBabii

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Omg... I cant believe it yara....welcome to india forums and to Geet forum to start with and thanx 4 sharing this with us! OMG i so feel for her man well hope she becomes brave like Geet and also finds her dream man!!! Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
Aarti_1990 Newbie
Aarti_1990
Aarti_1990

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:42pm | IP Logged
@Esha= thank you for empathising. I wish her the same.

@Armaan Babii= thanks for welcoming meApprove (so sweet of u) and commenting (I've edited my first post now) as I was just trying to raise a bit of awareness).  But yes, I also pray for any other girl in the world who's in a similiar situation to Geet to give them strength to fight these problems. I wouldn't wish this problem on anyone and hope the public learn not to trust people so quickly.

Edited by Aarti_1990 - 17 January 2011 at 2:24pm
shalini01 IF-Rockerz
shalini01
shalini01

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing this story and welcome to india forums. OMG i wish that ur friend gets her dream guy like maan to protect her from all her troubles and worries. i feel really sorry for her. Cry

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aarti_1990Ninelives

maanlovesgeet17 Senior Member
maanlovesgeet17
maanlovesgeet17

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
WOW that's such a coincidence.
 I hope she just moves forward without this guy. If she moves forward then other girls will look toward and do the same like Geet (Geet hui sabse parayi).....
 i wish best of luck for her future life!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Aarti_1990

Ninelives IF-Rockerz
Ninelives
Ninelives

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:06pm | IP Logged
Hey i know of someone who has gone through a similar life...but she was from a small state in India and married to an NRI who was abroad for 15 years...she took a tourist Visa to USA and stayed with him for 6 months..but she came to know that he was married to an elder Indian lady who resided next to his house just on the 4th day of my friends arrival in USA..she still stayed there for 6 months...then when she could not take it anymore...she just gave up...and got a divorce...but she was so vibrant and intelligent...but lost all the lustre and the zest to live a life and felt her identy lost...Here only support system was her family...who stood by her like a rock and her friends...she is back and ready to groove....

tinsel

maanlovesgeet17 Senior Member
maanlovesgeet17
maanlovesgeet17

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by maaneetian

Hey i know of someone who has gone through a similar life...but she was from a small state in India and married to an NRI who was abroad for 15 years...she took a tourist Visa to USA and stayed with him for 6 months..but she came to know that he was married to an elder Indian lady who resided next to his house just on the 4th day of my friends arrival in USA..she still stayed there for 6 months...then when she could not take it anymore...she just gave up...and got a divorce...but she was so vibrant and intelligent...but lost all the lustre and the zest to live a life and felt her identy lost...Here only support system was her family...who stood by her like a rock and her friends...she is back and ready to groove....

THANK GOD, her family is with her!!!
   i heard that in India a lot of people do this such stuff for money. marrying a girl to get money and then leaving them.
  thank god, Geet is raising the awarness about these problems..

say to yr friend that we all r here for her, when she needs us and i hope she finds someone like "maan" in her life!!

Aarti_1990

Go to top