Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Rate/Disucss Performances Jan 17th-18th (Page 3)

nikitagmc IF-Sizzlerz
nikitagmc
nikitagmc

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:47pm | IP Logged

@debayon:

That was a really sweet and a really honest post.

I think you have caught the basic jist of the emotions of most people here who are supporting their favourites. I think behind every crazy round of voting on every Monday and Tuesday is an intense emotional connection with these stars for some reason or the other. Like I would have voted for Sushant in spite of the way he performed, even if he had given a bad performance-simply cos I want him to be on a reality show- many unknown facets of a celebrity's personality come out through it. I remember a particular incident- Sushant fell ill with Typhoid during Zara Nach Ke Dikha, and he had had a previous injury two-three weeks before. I wrote about how he was a bad, naughty boy (you can see from yourself how naughty he is, even on JDJ), and his mother should come from Delhi, where his family lives, and give him a whack on the head for being so careless. It was in that week itself that we came to know in the Mother's Day Special Episode of Zara Nach Ke Dikha (which had been shot prior to his falling ill) that he had no mother – his mother had died when he was quite young. It was then that I felt terrible – and felt that behind this boy's jovial demeanour that he showed to the world was a person who had not gone to his mother's home after her death- and it felt bad to see him sitting all alone with a sad look as ALL the other boys sat with their Moms and spoke on length about them (Unscrupulous Star Plus kept zooming the camera on his face for TRP's sake and totally exploited the moment). Not to mention, he was in hospital later, with no one to take care of him.

When he returned on the show against doctors' orders (cos of his contract with ZNKD + PR or whatever) Arshad Warsi singled him out for forgetting steps (he had two performances + PR shooting in that weak state) and commented dryly 'lack of rehearsals'(without a single line for the effort he had put in into the performance) while he stood quietly on stage without a word. I still remember how furious I was then- but later was told by others that such things really do not get much consideration in a competition. Add to it that they never gave him proper scores on the show and defied their own comments while marking, which only led us to be more mad. His FB statuses then, used to reflect that he was losing interest in the show due to the bizarre judging pattern- not only to him but to other participants as well, and he even said he wouldn't take on any more reality shows. We used to leave a lot of messages trying to encourage him in those days. We were pleasantly surprised when he accepted JDJ, especially cos we know he loves dancing- he left his engineering studies for something he really wanted to do.. and PR, even though being the number one show, has never fulfilled the audience or actors' expectations, having become a tear-fest relying on pain theory. We desperately wanted him to be on JDJ so that he could show his talent, and hoped that this time things would be different- on ZNKD he never really got a chance.

Anyways, my point is- I do empathize with what you have written. I think most people here can understand that Daya, or even Akhil for that matter, might be feeling awkward in a place without any friends and where they didn't get much encouragement- I felt bad at the 19 today. Akhil used to voice it out, Daya is more quiet and doesn't say it, which actually makes one feel more bad for him. I too start feeling disinterested when people pick on at my errors a little too much, which is the reason I still like Madhuri as a judge- she has her own sweet way of making contestants feel better by highlighting the good things in their dance and not the bad ones so much (even though that makes some say she goes against her comments while scoring- I don't think she does). But unfortunately, those are things that have to be faced in a competition- there's no escaping. Five weeks into the competition, one would expect a certain level of dancing and confidence, which Daya has not given, although he has certainly improved a lot. I think everyone had some expectations from Daya after his first two performances, me too- I was expecting him to be the dark horse in the competition- and that is the reason they constantly try and tell him to buck up.

Where Vrushali's choreography is concerned, I feel the girl does have potential, but maybe she has become more cautious now, and gives only 'safe' moves to Daya. Can understand it, but somehow that leads judges to criticize them more.

All is still not lost. Daya seems to have a good number of people who want to see more of him. If he just delivers one 'give-it-all' performance, they can be back in the race. I always feel, if Baichung could do it, anyone can.

So go on, cheer up and cheer up Daya Sir too!

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

suchi_dev2006krutiv100TanzaCuteCherrytoothbrush13sensodynelunzaTiyaliLovePRSohamTani91Angel-likeDevildebayon--Rachna--suhani.cipamisavisrom

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Chocolover101

Originally posted by raju786

Im sorry to break your heart but I believe that Malaika is the best judge, and Vrushali is a great choreohrapherCry

Raju.... I totally agree!! Only about Vrushali being a great choreography! I think she is very good as a dancer also!! She tries to make it easy for Daya and she makes their performance stand out!! But I do not agree about Malaika being a great judge! I don't like her!!  
I think that goes against the ethics of this show, especially at this point of the show. A reality show, in fact, life in general, is all about challenges. I would much rather have Daya try hard stuff and fail rather than have minimal movement here and there. Being a good dancer does not translate to being a good choreographer. She maybe decent, but isn't the best among the lot.
ashwik_arvi10 IF-Dazzler
ashwik_arvi10
ashwik_arvi10

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by Chocolover101

Originally posted by raju786

Im sorry to break your heart but I believe that Malaika is the best judge, and Vrushali is a great choreohrapherCry

Raju.... I totally agree!! Only about Vrushali being a great choreography! I think she is very good as a dancer also!! She tries to make it easy for Daya and she makes their performance stand out!! But I do not agree about Malaika being a great judge! I don't like her!!  
I think that goes against the ethics of this show, especially at this point of the show. A reality show, in fact, life in general, is all about challenges. I would much rather have Daya try hard stuff and fail rather than have minimal movement here and there. Being a good dancer does not translate to being a good choreographer. She maybe decent, but isn't the best among the lot.

I think you are right!! Vrushali is decent but I will have to say that she is a great dancer!! But not that great of a choreographer!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
Yes Debs I feel Daya ji has done great. He is very sportinng too.
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

LOL, Summer ji, you here? I thought you were off watching DID?LOL
yashyesha Groupbie
yashyesha
yashyesha

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 5:34pm | IP Logged
felt very bad that yana and salman leftt... ut as usuall, sushant is the besttt!! Big smile
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 6:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by Summer3

LOL, Summer ji, you here? I thought you were off watching DID?LOL
Ah I took special time off to watch him and he exceeded my expectations. He is big but can really move so well within such a short period. I doubt he wants to do it again due to time constraints.
Wonder if more kids became real CIDs because of him.LOL
I have a back log of DID to watch too.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon

LovePRSoham IF-Rockerz
LovePRSoham
LovePRSoham

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 7:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by nikitagmc

@debayon:

That was a really sweet and a really honest post.

I think you have caught the basic jist of the emotions of most people here who are supporting their favourites. I think behind every crazy round of voting on every Monday and Tuesday is an intense emotional connection with these stars for some reason or the other. Like I would have voted for Sushant in spite of the way he performed, even if he had given a bad performance-simply cos I want him to be on a reality show- many unknown facets of a celebrity's personality come out through it. I remember a particular incident- Sushant fell ill with Typhoid during Zara Nach Ke Dikha, and he had had a previous injury two-three weeks before. I wrote about how he was a bad, naughty boy (you can see from yourself how naughty he is, even on JDJ), and his mother should come from Delhi, where his family lives, and give him a whack on the head for being so careless. It was in that week itself that we came to know in the Mother's Day Special Episode of Zara Nach Ke Dikha (which had been shot prior to his falling ill) that he had no mother ' his mother had died when he was quite young. It was then that I felt terrible ' and felt that behind this boy's jovial demeanour that he showed to the world was a person who had not gone to his mother's home after her death- and it felt bad to see him sitting all alone with a sad look as ALL the other boys sat with their Moms and spoke on length about them (Unscrupulous Star Plus kept zooming the camera on his face for TRP's sake and totally exploited the moment). Not to mention, he was in hospital later, with no one to take care of him.

When he returned on the show against doctors' orders (cos of his contract with ZNKD + PR or whatever) Arshad Warsi singled him out for forgetting steps (he had two performances + PR shooting in that weak state) and commented dryly 'lack of rehearsals'(without a single line for the effort he had put in into the performance) while he stood quietly on stage without a word. I still remember how furious I was then- but later was told by others that such things really do not get much consideration in a competition. Add to it that they never gave him proper scores on the show and defied their own comments while marking, which only led us to be more mad. His FB statuses then, used to reflect that he was losing interest in the show due to the bizarre judging pattern- not only to him but to other participants as well, and he even said he wouldn't take on any more reality shows. We used to leave a lot of messages trying to encourage him in those days. We were pleasantly surprised when he accepted JDJ, especially cos we know he loves dancing- he left his engineering studies for something he really wanted to do.. and PR, even though being the number one show, has never fulfilled the audience or actors' expectations, having become a tear-fest relying on pain theory. We desperately wanted him to be on JDJ so that he could show his talent, and hoped that this time things would be different- on ZNKD he never really got a chance.

Anyways, my point is- I do empathize with what you have written. I think most people here can understand that Daya, or even Akhil for that matter, might be feeling awkward in a place without any friends and where they didn't get much encouragement- I felt bad at the 19 today. Akhil used to voice it out, Daya is more quiet and doesn't say it, which actually makes one feel more bad for him. I too start feeling disinterested when people pick on at my errors a little too much, which is the reason I still like Madhuri as a judge- she has her own sweet way of making contestants feel better by highlighting the good things in their dance and not the bad ones so much (even though that makes some say she goes against her comments while scoring- I don't think she does). But unfortunately, those are things that have to be faced in a competition- there's no escaping. Five weeks into the competition, one would expect a certain level of dancing and confidence, which Daya has not given, although he has certainly improved a lot. I think everyone had some expectations from Daya after his first two performances, me too- I was expecting him to be the dark horse in the competition- and that is the reason they constantly try and tell him to buck up.

Where Vrushali's choreography is concerned, I feel the girl does have potential, but maybe she has become more cautious now, and gives only 'safe' moves to Daya. Can understand it, but somehow that leads judges to criticize them more.

All is still not lost. Daya seems to have a good number of people who want to see more of him. If he just delivers one 'give-it-all' performance, they can be back in the race. I always feel, if Baichung could do it, anyone can.

So go on, cheer up and cheer up Daya Sir too!

Totally Agree with you Niki and also debayon. Everyone has their favourites. Could be for any reason. They have the right to support them in any state. debayon even my whole family likes Daya including me... So even I dont want him to go so soon.. I want him to learn more and become more confident and little Extrovert.. But he is really sweet guy...
debayon my niece who is five years now loves him... She does not know hindi but she knows adding Ji to the name is giving respect. So she always calls him Daya Ji. Coz of her even we call him Daya Ji.. Feel More happy calling him that way.. Daya Sir is also fine... But for our family and relatives he will always be Daya Ji...

Niki what an example.. You reminded me of those sad days... Totally agree with you about the judges there.. They were totally against him.. I still remember Mother's day epi.. Oh God felt so bad for him.. Even I was crying... Then I felt this guy is totally different from what he showcases himself to the world. Started liking him more... I am happy he got Ankita in his life (could be friend or gf) no matter to take care of him...

Star Plus made use of him completely by zooming him all the time could be crying or smiling..
But he was hurt to the core.. Good he agreed for JDJ where his real talent is exposed and got the due credit.. I am really happy for him... He deserves it...  I know some people here feel that some people are experienced in some way and others are not.. The best example they give is Sushant.
I think they have not seen ZNKD and that is the reason they say this... Even Sushant was going through the same thing even though he was trained dancer.. I dont think they can take that as another experience for him to do better here as he had completely lost his morale..
But what I feel is if a Non Dance line Baichung can win JDJ then anyone can win as u rightly said.
So this journey is totally dependent on the choreographer and the celebrities hard work..

This is just my view.. Not intended to hurt anyone.

Edited by ArManFan1 - 17 January 2011 at 8:09pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

krutiv100lunzadebayonTani91

Go to top