Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 4 - Dancing with the Stars

India-Forums

Rate/Disucss Performances Jan 17th-18th (Page 2)

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by ZoobiDoobi

Gosh, I really wanna say something about Daya, but I feel people might bash me. I don't want to convince them, but just wanted to say something.Unhappy

Speak ur mind, why r u afraid?
People might think I'm being biased and all that. But I will admit his performance wasn't good. But there's more to it that I wanna say.

Well any fan will be.

Come on say it. Big smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91Angel-likeDevil

ashwik_arvi10 IF-Dazzler
ashwik_arvi10
ashwik_arvi10

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:26pm | IP Logged
  1. Ragini-Neerav --- 8.5
  2. Daya-Vrushali ---- 7
  3. Ankita-Nishant ---- 9
Can't wait for Sushant and Cheng's performance!! They both are going to rock!! Missed Yana and Salman!! Can't wait for them to come back from WildCard!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Tani91

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Gosh, I really wanna say something about Daya, but I feel people might bash me. I don't want to convince them, but just wanted to say something.Unhappy

Speak ur mind, why r u afraid?
People might think I'm being biased and all that. But I will admit his performance wasn't good. But there's more to it that I wanna say.

Well any fan will be.

Come on say it. Big smile
OK then, here I goLOL

I guess Daya Sir's performance wasn't all that good, especially in comparison to others. I respect all the judges opinions, except Malaika, because she says Daya keeps forgetting steps, which is blasphemous since he really doesn't, but yes Dayanand Shetty is a very, very introvert person, and he is(like he said) very conscious of himself, be it his size or otherwise. That's why he gets nervous and forgets his steps.Fair enough, it is no one's fault but his own. But first, I do not find it fair that first of all, they compare him and other dancers such as Mahi, Shekhar, Chang etc, to other dancers who have had some amount of experience. I know the statement has been argued a lot, but at the end of the day, everyone knows what's the truth and what's fair and what isn't.  Also, Vrushali isn't one of the greatest choreographers of this season, other than the first performance, I have not seen any of that 'wow' moment I see in say, Sushant's choreography. Vrushali focuses mostly on the extraneous aspects of a performance, and the dance steps given to Daya is basic. The judges have also not encouraged in anyway, I feel they have somewhat been giving comments that have been demoralizing Daya Sir...even though he is the ONLY person I have seen on JDJ taking everything with a smile, where such a scholarly person like Shekhar did not clap and had a grim face on when he was given a 7 by Remo or Madhuri, Daya Sir at least clapped when Remo gave him a 6, and grins broadly when Malaika/Remo was making fun of Daya's size.

Anyways, being a 'fan', I would not like to see him eliminated at all. After his performance, I was reminded of a scene from 3 Idiots, in which one of the students is praying to the lords: "Hey Bhagwan, much iss bar pass karwa de, agli baar top karke dikhaonga"LOL That line somewhat reflects my concern for Daya Sir.

Why I want to see more of him? Well, like I said he isn't a sociable person, and therefore doesn't give many public appearances like some of the other stars do.He has only had one tiny interview done and has acted in a minor role in Johnny Gaddar. I feel bad when after an episode of JDJ, everyone huddles up in a group, and in the far corner, I see shy Daya clapping. I want to see more of Dayanand Shetty than Senior Inspector Daya of CID, and this platform gives me the opportunity to do that.

Therefore, I know that his performances are bad, but I'll still keep voting for him.

Many of you will say, "Arre, what does he know? He's just saying that because he's a fan of this chubby Daya guy who I've never heard of" Lemme ask you one thing: How long have you been fans of your respective stars: 4 years? 5 years? I have been seeing Daya on TV from when I was a kid, for 14 years now. I have crossed the point of fandom, like they say. The feeling is inexplicable, it is not about 'drooling' anymore, but more of immense respect for this person.

Anyways, what does this amount to? NothingLOLI just felt like I had to let all of this out, just thought of sharing this with you guys. I feel a weight has been lifted off of my headLOL Now hopefully TheUltimate doesn't show up and bash meLOL

Edited by debayon - 17 January 2011 at 2:50pm

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

suchi_dev2006CuteCherrylunzasensodyneShagnikaastonishAngel-likeDevilyipeeRagMasta--Rachna--nikitagmcTani91Dabulls23ZoobiDoobiDivianTanz_Divz

ZoobiDoobi IF-Addictz
ZoobiDoobi
ZoobiDoobi

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
^^^ Aww Debu

very well said. I agree Vrushali is not the greatest Choreographer and that reflects in his performances!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

debayonDabulls23

Tiyali IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzadebayonAngel-likeDevilTani91ZoobiDoobi

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tiya229

awww. debayon, that was soo sweet of you. you are a true fan ( though you have passed that point) 
i understand your point and that he is an innate gentleman. he knows he is not a great dancer and he has accepted JDJ, to learn something and discover himself. 
i like him, from what i have seen. Vrushali though, can make him dance! i truly belive that. she doesnt experiment and thats why daya suffers. and for an introvert, if you know you arent the best, their confidence goes down or at the least , they wont be preppy!! ( this is just my opnion, no bashing intended. )

on the other hand, while the unfairness or the difference between daya and others bothers, daya shetty has to step it up!! i am not saying be an excited puppy, but push himself for tougher chreography!!!
...I am not saying he is very good. He has his shortcomings, and he knows it. Infact, sometimes I wonder why he is so oblivious to the errors. Also, I see a bored and tired look on his face, I know he is tired because of JDJ plus the shooting for CID(now the timings have also increased = more shooting) I know he can dance, but I don't understand where the problem arises(from his side)

I thing I forgot to mention, every time I watch his performance, my conscience and my emotions are at a tug of war. As you can see, my conscience keeps me in check. But it is the emotions that makes me vote for him everytime regardless of the performance.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

lunzaAngel-likeDevilDivianTanz_Divz

RagMasta IF-Sizzlerz
RagMasta
RagMasta

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Im sorry to break your heart but I believe that Malaika is the best judge, and Vrushali is a great choreohrapherCry

ashwik_arvi10

ashwik_arvi10 IF-Dazzler
ashwik_arvi10
ashwik_arvi10

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by raju786

Im sorry to break your heart but I believe that Malaika is the best judge, and Vrushali is a great choreohrapherCry

Raju.... I totally agree!! Only about Vrushali being a great choreography! I think she is very good as a dancer also!! She tries to make it easy for Daya and she makes their performance stand out!! But I do not agree about Malaika being a great judge! I don't like her!!  

RagMasta

Go to top