Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): (Page 90)

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 6:28am | IP Logged
I think Empti will be interested in this:
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1709988

*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 12:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

While I agree that questions raised there are valid, I have trouble understanding why it is always DMG/KSG fans that have problems with all the other members? If the rest of us ignore their constant fandom, shouldn't they ignore other members who resort to bashing/criticizing? Having said that, I do realize that there is extreme KSG obsession on this forum - not just by his fans but also by those who dislike/hate him. I don't get that - why give him that kind of attention?

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 19 June 2011 at 1:38pm | IP Logged

There is only one answer to all the questions "Because you give a damn!"  People take their favorites way to seriously.

Fame-hooker, prostitute, wench - I think they are terms of honor. LOL
Oh how easy it is to be a Gaga fan,! She also tells what to do if offensed...if only I knew what the heck a ear condom is. LOL
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

While I agree that questions raised there are valid, I have trouble understanding why it is always DMG/KSG fans that have problems with all the other members? If the rest of us ignore their constant fandom, shouldn't they ignore other members who resort to bashing/criticizing? Having said that, I do realize that there is extreme KSG obsession on this forum - not just by his fans but also by those who dislike/hate him. I don't get that - why give him that kind of attention?

@Red: As far as I understand, the dislike/ hate groups exist not so much because they actually hate KSG or anything but rather because they like to mess around with the fans. And the fans are immature enough to actually let the messing get to them.

On a similar note, it's not just KSG but I've also noticed obsessive behaviour for other celebrities as well. Even on DM, where people are supposed to be comparatively more mature, members feel the need to defend SRK when someone criticises him.

Defending someone per se is not bad but when it turns aggressive and people try to defend their favourite celebrity against even valid criticism by trying to demean or ridicule the other person, then I think it's time the member should realise that they need a little growing up to do. And anyways, I don't understand what purpose it serves.
SRK, KSG, JW or any other celebrity doesn't bother about what is being said about him/ her on IF, so why should we let it bother us.

Edited by souro - 20 June 2011 at 4:35am
*Woh Ajnabee* IF-Sizzlerz
*Woh Ajnabee*
*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 10:46pm | IP Logged

@Red: As far as I understand, the dislike/ hate groups exist not so much because they actually hate KSG or anything but rather because they like to mess around with the fans. And the fans are immature enough to actually let the messing get to them.

On a similar note, it's not just KSG but I've also noticed obsessive behaviour for other celebrities as well. Even on DM, where people are supposed to be comparatively more mature, members feel the need to defend SRK when someone criticises him.

Defending someone per se is not bad but when it turns aggressive and people try to defend their favourite celebrity against even valid criticism by trying to demean or ridicule the other person, then I think it's time the member should realise that they need a little growing up to do. And anyways, I don't understand what purpose it serves.
SRK, KSG, JW or any other celebrity doesn't bother about what is being said about him/ her on IF, so why should we let it bother us.

I believe a large part of IF's success can be attributed to these infatuations and aggressive fandom. IF provides a worshiping ground for most celebrities, and that's why both fans and "haters" are attracted to the forum. If you don't have favorites, at least you can come here and make fun of other people's favorites (which can actually be a whole lot of fun sometimes! - just sayin' ;-)) But of course there is a limit to everything - after a certain extent, both parties get irritating and obsessive.
glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 20 June 2011 at 11:13pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

But sometimes it's nice to come here and vent your feelings, some people may not be able to do that in real life. Not because they don't have friends and family to talk to but simply because their interests may be a bit different and you're curious to know what other like-minded people think about a certain issue.

I remember the time Vijay used to put up a GA every week showing how many hours members spend on IF. After looking at that week after week, I kept thinking to myself. Wow, some people really do need to get a life. I never understood why people were being congratulated for spending so much time on this site.

In 2007, Keonigbobo used to be 1st all the time and I was 2nd for 3 or 4 months during Feb - May 2007. And although I used to spend a lot of time on IF at that time, it was nowhere near what the total hours showed. My laptop remained on 24 hrs as I used to download some movie or the other (even now it remains on almost all the time for the same reason). And I used to use a browser which automatically refreshed every 5 mins and kept me perpetually online on IF. I know it'll sound pretty stupid, but I installed that browser just to see if I can beat Koenigbobo. LOL Didn't manage to though, cos at that time I used to live in Navi Mumbai and every day there used to be power cut for 5 hrs and I used to lose about 6 hrs of internet time everyday because of that. Ouch

Where is Sameer??...Do u know if he still comes on IF...I remember he was given a special tile like super addict or somethingLOL
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 21 June 2011 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Where is Sameer??...Do u know if he still comes on IF...I remember he was given a special tile like super addict or somethingLOL

No idea where he is. I didn't really know him even then. But yes, I remember he was given a special title of IF Super Addict. Before that another person (Vishesh) was also given that title. Initially even prizes were given to top addicts. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 21 June 2011 at 8:07am | IP Logged
^^

So was addiction counted on hours logged in and not on posts per day? Haha, I can easily beat hours logged in as even my PC is always on. I'm technically perpetually connected most places these days, too much for my own good. Thank heavens IF does not have a droid app.

Go to top