Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): (Page 67)

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 5:37pm | IP Logged
Wife Joke

The wife and I were sitting around the
breakfast table one lazy Sunday morning.
I said to her, If I were to die
suddenly, I want you to immediately sell all my stuff.
Now why would you want me to do
something like that? she asked.
I figure that you would eventually
remarry and I dont want some asshole using my stuff.
She looked at me and said: What makes
you think I'd marry another asshole?

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JasTorontomr.assAutumn.glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 27 May 2011 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JaspalToronto

@ blue-ice

thanks for your suggestion and I agree with you. I should have avoided using their real names.Cry
Now once you have quoted that post, I can't even edit it.Confused Thats okay. I use my first name as my ID on I-F. Not a big deal. LOL. Aap bhalee to jag bhala. Furthermore my friends have grown up kids thus they are not in real danger.LOL Millions of people are on FB with their real names and their accounts are hacked everyday.
Okay I will remove her name. You please do the same in your quote. Tx.  

edit:
Very smat ble-ice, you have already deleted their names.Smile

Jaspalji...I wish it was like that...but sometimes bad things do happen to good people...there are troublemakers everywhere...all we can do is be careful...

and yes I did delete their names before quoting ur post...otherwise there was no point..Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

JasToronto

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 12:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

What about the W= Wines ?LOL

That W is very predictble SummerjiLOL
-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 7:30am | IP Logged
return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 9:30am | IP Logged
I'm usually not one for farewells or sentiments, and this certainly is not farewell. However, since I'm officially no longer a DT member; I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for their support through the tenure, as well as lack thereof when that was the case. It has been a good time overall.

There have been some major tiffs and incidents that have often made me want to tear my hear out and quit. I'm glad we were able to pull through it and I did not quit over arguments and fights. I believe I did my best to be fair and due apologies to those who feel otherwise.

That is why I'm happy and relieved to be 'retiring' on my own terms for myself. No issues or arguments, no crappy people, nothing that wore me down really - I just wanted to have the freedom to focus on my school and other work. I somewhat selfishly wanted all time spent on IF to be 'me' time. Also to be able to not log in for weeks if need be and not leave members hanging over issues. Who knows maybe even be able to participate in some future DM events and contests.

I also want to add that DM is by far the best section on IF. I've moderated and posted in many sections, but it is really incredible how this section dedicated to "arguments" and "opposing views" has far less issues than other sections. Most members should be happy at how they handle themselves. Hopefully, all members consider this trend of being the most mature and reasonable section, governing themselves without having to keep running to mods for minor issues.

Finally, a confession - It is not easy being a mod. You end up being between a rock and a hard place. You get really ticked of at people and need to vent. Unfortunately, you cannot be unprofessional and mouth of at people. MID's are out of the question, first because of rules and secondly because I despise the notion of it. So sometimes you are compelled to take advantage of existing IDs to take things off your chest and it may perhaps be that other people have been speaking my words verbatim. Actually, there is "One post" that I know off that falls in this category. Some people know exactly what one post, others have to find out. It was actually my crowning glory moment that finally brought out all the evil in my head. Just one post. Curious cats enjoy!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

JasTorontohindu4lyfglace-bleue

JasToronto IF-Dazzler
JasToronto
JasToronto

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I'm usually not one for farewells or sentiments, and this certainly is not farewell. However, since I'm officially no longer a DT member; I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for their support through the tenure, as well as lack thereof when that was the case. It has been a good time overall.

There have been some major tiffs and incidents that have often made me want to tear my hear out and quit. I'm glad we were able to pull through it and I did not quit over arguments and fights. I believe I did my best to be fair and due apologies to those who feel otherwise.

That is why I'm happy and relieved to be 'retiring' on my own terms for myself. No issues or arguments, no crappy people, nothing that wore me down really - I just wanted to have the freedom to focus on my school and other work. I somewhat selfishly wanted all time spent on IF to be 'me' time. Also to be able to not log in for weeks if need be and not leave members hanging over issues. Who knows maybe even be able to participate in some future DM events and contests.

I also want to add that DM is by far the best section on IF. I've moderated and posted in many sections, but it is really incredible how this section dedicated to "arguments" and "opposing views" has far less issues than other sections. Most members should be happy at how they handle themselves. Hopefully, all members consider this trend of being the most mature and reasonable section, governing themselves without having to keep running to mods for minor issues.

Finally, a confession - It is not easy being a mod. You end up being between a rock and a hard place. You get really ticked of at people and need to vent. Unfortunately, you cannot be unprofessional and mouth of at people. MID's are out of the question, first because of rules and secondly because I despise the notion of it. So sometimes you are compelled to take advantage of existing IDs to take things off your chest and it may perhaps be that other people have been speaking my words verbatim. Actually, there is "One post" that I know off that falls in this category. Some people know exactly what one post, others have to find out. It was actually my crowning glory moment that finally brought out all the evil in my head. Just one post. Curious cats enjoy!

Hey Sarina, Cheers!

Brilliant text! You have been around for some 5+ years. As you mentioned, you have moderated many sections of I-F while you were on development team. I have read many of your posts on different sections and noticed that members give you lots of respect and everybody loves you. I guess you are quitting the DT for good. If things are bothering you its always better to take some time off and focus on you studies and career. I understand all members on DT are volunteers and it takes lots of your quality time, energy and efforts and people don't appreciate that. Thats human nature and you needn't change your attitude for them. Keep on doing the good work as there are people who appreciate your hard work.
I hope that you will be around and keep posting as usual. I like your writing style and you make some interesting, effective and intelligent posts. You are a very fine individual. Having said this, I wish you best of luck for your future endeavour and career goals. May God bless you.      
_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Well, well,  well ! Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, Sarina ! You did get   my curiosity piqued and I had to take a stroll down memory lane! There's only one post that comes to my mind that fits in with this confession. Your silence at that time must have been noticeable to the regulars here. I noticed  it much later as I had been offline for about 2 months or so around that time. I can understand your wanting to be professional  and keep things under control as a Mod but  I feel it would have been OK to express yourself in your own way under your own ID even if it belonged to that of a Mod. Im sure you would have been able to put your point across without badmouthing anyone. We all have to assume multiple roles in our life and at times there may be some conflict between them. I wonder to what extent one role needs to be suppressed for the other to survive. Isnt it  possible for both to survive in turns? Was it really necessary to sacrifice one? Anyway I think you chose well. Some things are best ignored. You came out very well.

JasToronto

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 28 May 2011 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Good job RTH, Keep it up!! ClapApproveThumbs Up...Have a break...Just Chill & Njoy..Smile

&I just saw a commercial for Oprah's Farewell Season... I think I may jump for joy!! TongueWink

JasToronto

Go to top