Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): (Page 131)

_Angie_ IF-Sizzlerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

In case I haven't made it clear so far, let me do it now.

I have no Censoredinterest in talking about, talking to, or engaging in any conversation or debate with any of the following four, ever:

*Woh Ajnabee*, return_to_hades, PhoeniXof_Hades, hindu4lyf

It's a Censored joke, if not crude pathetic attempts, to try to teach a software solutions architect from Silicon Valley, working on state-of-the-art technology, who does logic for a living, what constitutes logic and what doesn't, what is logical and what is not. Strength in numbers, number of people in a gang, doesn't equate to making a Censored point.

Mister K, what exactly did I do to you that you seem to have such a strong dislike for me and no longer wish to interact with me? Last I remember we had a normal debate on the HP topic regarding a few points you raised. Just because I agree with POH, RTH and Ajnu on this occasion doesn't mean I will always agree with them.

I wasn't very active here when you first started posting on DM but I take it those were your prime days where you built a reputation up for yourself. It's sad that I haven't been able to see much of that side to you and frankly, I completely agree with all the points raised by RTH.

Here's hoping that this is one of the fights that people get over soon instead of holding grudges because regardless of personal differences, it'd be a real shame to lose loyal DMers.
Diya, the debate whatever little there was on that thread was going on fine with analysing the characters of HP and any related tangents to it, which is what the stated objective appeared to be as per the topic starter. As it normally happens when someone starts criticising our favourite characters fictional or otherwise some members got ruffled. There could have been a few misunderstandings or misinterpretations along the way. In the heat of the moment members started attacking other members resorting to name calling.  According to the Mod, he felt that members were behaving typically like fans and not like debaters hence he shifted the thread to the fan section. Some members had objections and resorted to further name callings. The dormant 2nd Mod was probably contacted by the fans to get the thread shifted by the active Mod , back to DM. The dormant Mod became active for once and did it.

By then some members who did not like to post in the fan section started expressing  their reaction on the spamming or the blah blah thread as we know it. We almost had a parallel thread running there. Some explanations and counter expalanations were offered. The matter seemed to be sorted and things cooled down. So far so good! But then some members seemed to be hell bent on making mischief by unecessary provocation even after that ! That is not cool! I hope better sense prevails and does not lead to any member leaving the forum all over such a trivial matter. All of us have enjoyed fireworks that take place every now and then on DM. It does add to the charm of DM which otherwise gets quite blaise as one member pointed out. I hope we see it as such and not carry it too far and make things ugly.  If WLs have to be issued in all fairness  it would have to be done to a lot many members and not just restricted to one that gets ganged up against! I fervently hope things dont plummet to that level !

Too many members have left DM in a huff in the past. Just because we do not lament that fact does not mean that they are not being missed. Not all members get acknowledged for their "intelligent"  posts but just like the HP characters that have their flaws each one contributed to making DM what it is or was. I personally do not like any member having to  leave. After being on DM for so long if people cannot take criticism in their stride or if they cannot agree to disagree I do not know if they ever will. I do hope the members here act more matured and not let any more provocations be raised by either side.

Edited by angie.4u - 14 July 2011 at 7:47pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

JasTorontosimi_1Summer3glace-bleue

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
At times much arguments arise because of Planetary influences, just like when there are more road mishaps and accidents.
LOL
Blame the Gods.
JasToronto IF-Dazzler
JasToronto
JasToronto

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged

thanks guys for mentioning Kalpana Chawla's name. Sometimes this thought comes in my mind that letter C is no good for astronauts. We lost shuttle Challenger and Columbia in space missions and Kalpana's last name also starts from C. Its really an amazing story, how a little girl from a middle order family of Karnal made it to NASA. She was a graduate from Punjab engineering college Chandigarh, later moved to USA and got her Masters and Ph. D. in space science from Texas.

After 135 space shuttle missions in last 30 years, US space program will be terminated on 21st July when shuttle Atlastis comes back home. What will be the future of NASA space program? Obama says that US will send astronauts to an Asteroid and then to Mars and bring them back safely in his lifetime. Plan seems great, lets wait and watch.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

glace-bleue

JasToronto IF-Dazzler
JasToronto
JasToronto

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Hey friends, are we fighting here on DMLOL I guess we are just arguing over HP thread/posts. Guys please take it easy and calm down. Nobody has to leave as its our home away from home. We argue with  our brother & sisters everyday. Do we stop talking to them? My wife provokes me all the time but I don't answer her back and walk away or keep quite.LOL
Most of the members have excellent writing skills and they are very intelligent. I don't want to miss their posts as I'm a regular visitor of DM.

God bless

Jas.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

simi_1Summer3glace-bleue

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JaspalToronto

Hey friends, are we fighting here on DMLOL I guess we are just arguing over HP thread/posts. Guys please take it easy and calm down. Nobody has to leave as its our home away from home. We argue with  our brother & sisters everyday. Do we stop talking to them? My wife provokes me all the time but I don't answer her back and walk away or keep quite.LOL
Most of the members have excellent writing skills and they are very intelligent. I don't want to miss their posts as I'm a regular visitor of DM.

God bless

Jas.
I think healthy Arguments is good.
But Debates on certain topics that are close to one's heart can get personal at times.
Often it is just the heat of the moment.

Whatever it is , have fun.

glace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:59pm | IP Logged
@ Angie...good summary of all the events..

Summer3

glace-bleue IF-Stunnerz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Does the wind ruffle a mountain? LOL...Obviously not...the provocation didn't work...LOL
there is much we can learn from Indian reality shows...I didn't understand this...can u explain please...Tongue
Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 10:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

[QUOTE=Summer3]
Does the wind ruffle a mountain? LOL...Obviously not...the provocation didn't work...LOL
there is much we can learn from Indian reality shows...I didn't understand this...can u explain please...Tongue
For reasons of TRP, a lot of the musical competitions manipulate the votes and winners. Judges have to do their part and act well too, staging walk outs etc.
None can beat them in this.ClapClap

Now in X Factor an old Uncle is still hanging around while good singers have bitten the dust.LOL
This world is also a stage where all of us have to do our part and act.

Edited by Summer3 - 14 July 2011 at 10:10pm

glace-bleue

Go to top