Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): (Page 123)

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:30am | IP Logged
Edited - No point in dragging it any longer

Edited by souro - 14 July 2011 at 8:48am

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 8:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by K.Resurrected.

^^ OK. You win. I lose.

So long!

Very convenient. I am sure when the time comes, these same points will be raised again, while completely disregarding the counter-points that had been given.

I have no idea whether you are being serious or sarcastic. If you are, indeed, being serious then, I will take it you agree that:

We get it POH...we get it...God has given u great analytical skills(and I am not being sarcastic)...but seriously...is there anything to analyse in those three small sentences...You win...I loose...bye bye...my head is goingWackonow...reallyErmm...and I am saying this as an outsider who is indifferent to that thread...My son is a huge HP fan and I am not...so I understand both the sides...Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

souro

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:04am | IP Logged

Souro:

In my opinion, sometimes when a person is getting too heated, not thinking clearly it is best to ignore what is riling them up than make a fool of themselves. I'm not sure what context the other people were advising 'ignoring', but that's when I suggest people 'ignoring' others. Moreover, I think everyone will agree that for people like OBJ or trolling like Empti, you have to either ignore or play them at their own game. Sometimes, you can't always debate with everyone.

I feel you, Ajnu and POH are short tempered people and that's a bad combination, especially when its something people are passionate about. We all have had run ins and fights before on DM, we get over it and move on. Unfortunately, there are some people who don't let that happen by constantly intruding with their holier than thou wisdom on the life universe and everything.

There's a lot I can and want to rant about Mister. K, but speaking any further will be very distasteful on my part as a former Dev Team member, and I'm trying to stick to my commitment of not causing you trouble after my previous immature behavior. The gossip mongers can contact me if they want indulgent mouthfuls.

That being said after this Harry Potter thread it will be the last of me on Debate Mansion as well. I cannot stand Mister. K his attitude and what he is doing to Debate Mansion. I really cannot stand his need to intrude and comment on each and everything. It is not just Harry Potter thread, whenever he deems that something need his wisdom and attention, he makes these judgmental posts and commentary. Maybe others like this, I clearly do not, so it is wise of me to move on.  

Maybe with the pesky people like me gone he can reform DM to his liking. You know get a hall of fame with deserving people on top. Maybe he can start posting daily guides on which posts everyone should go like so that the Hall of Fame reflects the great debaters. Maybe he can finally chalk out his magic action plan to make DM exciting and find a way to treat people right so they never leave DM.

I'll spend my time on the social forums, where you can interact and be yourself without the moral analysis and judgment of every action. Where people argue all the time and move on without wise commentary on it.

(You edited your post. I just wanted to post my final response to you. My problem is not with you or your posts, it was only with the decision to move, and I could have addressed that more maturely).

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfBeyond_the_Veil

Summer3 IF-Stunnerz
Summer3
Summer3

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Labib is a passionate person but also a nice guy. He loves to analyze matters discussed.
As Blue Ice ji mentioned we should not get too personal about things discussed. Since Mr K is willing to drop it we should just let it pass and move on. Everyone knows that HP has been a great success because many love it.

glace-bleue

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
@RTH: There's no need for anyone to leave. It's everyone of us who make DM interesting. If I've failed to handle a situation properly, if I've taken a wrong decision, then I'm the one responsible and if anyone has to leave then it should be me.

The post that I edited was made because now that the incident is over, people are accusing me of things that are not even true.
They are saying that I ignored Empti's posts and targeted the fans. That Empti has himself admitted that he was trolling. But what they are forgetting is, Empti admitted to trolling after the incident was over. When I saw his post about disliking Salman Khan and Harry Potter, I didn't know that he was trolling. I felt he dislikes both.
And I didn't target any fan. I didn't warn anyone or asked them to leave or anything close to that. Yes, I moved the topic to the fan section when I felt the fans have started attacking the person who is criticising instead of the criticism and they are not even interested in debating about the merits or demerits of the material.
One more thing, taking someone aside and asking them to ignore something till the time they cool down is different. Whereas, posting in the forum about ignoring criticisms is very discouraging, it defeats the purpose of discussion.

Edited by souro - 14 July 2011 at 9:32am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

K.Consciousnesscyraxglace-bleue

glace-bleue IF-Addictz
glace-bleue
glace-bleue

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:27am | IP Logged
@ RTH...DM won't be the same without you...

hindu4lyf

cyrax Senior Member
cyrax
cyrax

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:38am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Souro:

In my opinion, sometimes when a person is getting too heated, not thinking clearly it is best to ignore what is riling them up than make a fool of themselves. I'm not sure what context the other people were advising 'ignoring', but that's when I suggest people 'ignoring' others. Moreover, I think everyone will agree that for people like OBJ or trolling like Empti, you have to either ignore or play them at their own game. Sometimes, you can't always debate with everyone.

people like OBJ... trolling like empti.

one question, sarinophobia. (yes, that's my new name for you)

if I aint a troll, what am I? LOL

CunningLinguist IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 14 July 2011 at 9:41am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top