Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): (Page 10)

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
I think some applause should be given to Harbhajan too, had it not been for him, India wouldn't have won this game. For me, Raina, Y Pathan, and Harbhajan were the Star

souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Why doesn't someone act as a translator for Yusuf? It was so obvious that he was not at all comfortable speaking in English. Since, Ravi Shastri was conducting the presentation ceremony he himself could've asked him in Hindi and just translated his main points in English.
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by souro

These two teams are really competing hard.

H4L was complaining that Yusuf doesn't play outside of IPL, looks like he read her post and decided to do something about it.
Tongue
I didn't understand why Raina had to play that shot and also why Zaheer had to try play another lofted shot right after he got a lucky boundary.

LOLI couldn't have been happier to be proved wrong!Tongue
I was a little worried our tail enders would let us down, especially after Zaheer got out but they did a good job in the end. Yusuf's innings made all the difference in this match and yes that shot played by Raina was NOT needed.

What a nailbiting match between these two teams. Yet another great match between the two.

Bring on the WC!
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
^ Won't you be supporting England?
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:49pm | IP Logged

Why doesn't someone act as a translator for Yusuf? It was so obvious that he was not at all comfortable speaking in English. Since, Ravi Shastri was conducting the presentation ceremony he himself could've asked him in Hindi and just translated his main points in English.

Anyone remember Bajji when he first started playing international cricket matches? His English was quite bad and when you see him speak now you'd be quite surprised to hear how well he speaks.
Yusuf is just one of many cricketers that are not comfortable when speaking in English. I always found that Mohammad Ashraful was never confident when speaking English in post match interviews and there should definitely be translators to help some of these guys out.
souro Moderator
souro
souro

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I was a little worried our tail enders would let us down, especially after Zaheer got out but they did a good job in the end. Yusuf's innings made all the difference in this match and yes that shot played by Raina was NOT needed.

What a nailbiting match between these two teams. Yet another great match between the two.

Bring on the WC!

When Zaheer got out I was afraid that India is going the same way like South Africa the other night. Especially with Nehra's reputation with the bat and Harbhajan having to take a single of the first ball leaving Nehra to negotiate through the rest of the over.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

^ Won't you be supporting England?

Supporting England when it'll be the last time Sachin is playing in the WC?!Ermm
No way! If India get out then I'd support them as long as they're not the ones to kick India out.LOL
hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Bring on the WC!

When Zaheer got out I was afraid that India is going the same way like South Africa the other night. Especially with Nehra's reputation with the bat and Harbhajan having to take a single of the first ball leaving Nehra to negotiate through the rest of the over.

I thought the exact same thing! I thought it was our turn to suffer after what we put SA through in the last match!
It was funny seeing Bajji refuse to take the extra run in the 47th over so that he could take the strike. He was probably expecting to hit the winning runs. True say, Nehra doesn't have a great rep when it comes to batting at crucial times so it was such a relief seeing him hit the ball for four when we needed one run to win! :)

Go to top