Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die): - Page 71

Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

Nah, I'm a Midwestern farmer - I'm not competing in your market. Besides I've been working for 10+ years so yeah you can tell me safely. Although I won't trust the other jobless grads around here. πŸ˜†

At NASA
That is wicked cool Debo. Which location and what are you working on?

I know someone working there studying earth's magnetism. If you see a French-Jewish guy who looks like skinny Jesus tell him I said hi.
At Greenbelt, MD. Goddard Space Center. I am working for someone at the Heliophysics Department, and I have been assigned the task of looking at movies of solar flares and CME's taken by space stations in different countries and determine the time window in which the flare/CME initiates, then pinpoint the origin and give its bearing/quadrants. I have to do about 35 of these.πŸ˜† Oh yeah and I have to look at each at different wavelengths, and describe which is the best wavelength at which the CME/flare is observed the best.
Originally posted by souro

No idea where he is. I didn't really know him even then. But yes, I remember he was given a special title of IF Super Addict. Before that another person (Vishesh) was also given that title. Initially even prizes were given to top addicts. πŸ˜†

Yes there was Vishesh alsoπŸ˜†...I knew him from the Fame-Gurukul forum...
I thought solar flare activity is going down right? aren't we entering a period of solar surface inactivity? 

^^

So was addiction counted on hours logged in and not on posts per day? Haha, I can easily beat hours logged in as even my PC is always on. I'm technically perpetually connected most places these days, too much for my own good. Thank heavens IF does not have a droid app.

Sameer had more than a 100,000 posts..πŸ˜†...and I am talking about 5 yrs back...if he was still here he would have easily crossed a million posts by nowπŸ˜†
Originally posted by debayon

First day of internship: I almost peed in my pants

Interning so soon...u are smart...Good Luck debuπŸ˜›
Originally posted by debayon

At NASA

OMG u are there for the High School Aerospace Scholars?? My son went there last year...awesome...

I thought solar flare activity is going down right? aren't we entering a period of solar surface inactivity? 

I guess we are ...they say its going t6o be a mini ice age...I hate cold

In a few hours when my team finalizes our case analysis and emails to the professor, I'll be officially on summer vacation (school wise, work chugs on).  There are a few more sessions, but those are info sessions for Brazil. Hells yeahs, I'm going to Brazil in January 2012. Some of us may even be going earlier than the school trip. I think I'm going to have to end up rooming with a guy though, I wonder how that will go down.

There is still the dreaded online spreadsheet modeling to complete, but the university finally caved in to our complaints and gave us an extension.  Since I am a procrastinator, as of tonight I'm declaring myself a  free bird.

IF temptation is high, but I should try and be constructive. I should try and plow through books and finally read all the classics I committed to do. Maybe some writing as well. Definitely got to spend some time outdoors when we get the rare good weather days. Some fun stuff planned out too.  A weekend trip to Minnesota to visit a friend who recently moved, maybe a Brewers game as well. There's definitely a downtown house-crawl in there some weekend and a few BBQs.

Although, IF is definitely not all ruled out. If anyone wants to cause a ruckus anywhere, I'm all for it just let me know. I have absolute freedom now. πŸ˜†