Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm usually not one for farewells or sentiments, and this certainly is not farewell. However, since I'm officially no longer a DT member; I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for their support through the tenure, as well as lack thereof when that was the case. It has been a good time overall.

There have been some major tiffs and incidents that have often made me want to tear my hear out and quit. I'm glad we were able to pull through it and I did not quit over arguments and fights. I believe I did my best to be fair and due apologies to those who feel otherwise.

That is why I'm happy and relieved to be 'retiring' on my own terms for myself. No issues or arguments, no crappy people, nothing that wore me down really - I just wanted to have the freedom to focus on my school and other work. I somewhat selfishly wanted all time spent on IF to be 'me' time. Also to be able to not log in for weeks if need be and not leave members hanging over issues. Who knows maybe even be able to participate in some future DM events and contests.

I also want to add that DM is by far the best section on IF. I've moderated and posted in many sections, but it is really incredible how this section dedicated to "arguments" and "opposing views" has far less issues than other sections. Most members should be happy at how they handle themselves. Hopefully, all members consider this trend of being the most mature and reasonable section, governing themselves without having to keep running to mods for minor issues.

Finally, a confession - It is not easy being a mod. You end up being between a rock and a hard place. You get really ticked of at people and need to vent. Unfortunately, you cannot be unprofessional and mouth of at people. MID's are out of the question, first because of rules and secondly because I despise the notion of it. So sometimes you are compelled to take advantage of existing IDs to take things off your chest and it may perhaps be that other people have been speaking my words verbatim. Actually, there is "One post" that I know off that falls in this category. Some people know exactly what one post, others have to find out. It was actually my crowning glory moment that finally brought out all the evil in my head. Just one post. Curious cats enjoy!

Well, well,  well ! Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown, Sarina ! You did get   my curiosity piqued and I had to take a stroll down memory lane! There's only one post that comes to my mind that fits in with this confession. Your silence at that time must have been noticeable to the regulars here. I noticed  it much later as I had been offline for about 2 months or so around that time. I can understand your wanting to be professional  and keep things under control as a Mod but  I feel it would have been OK to express yourself in your own way under your own ID even if it belonged to that of a Mod. Im sure you would have been able to put your point across without badmouthing anyone. We all have to assume multiple roles in our life and at times there may be some conflict between them. I wonder to what extent one role needs to be suppressed for the other to survive. Isnt it  possible for both to survive in turns? Was it really necessary to sacrifice one? Anyway I think you chose well. Some things are best ignored. You came out very well.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Good job RTH, Keep it up!! 👏👍🏼...Have a break...Just Chill & Njoy..😊

&I just saw a commercial for Oprah's Farewell Season... I think I may jump for joy!! 😛😉
JasToronto thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
How to grow vegetables in your garden?😊

Well today we planted some vegetable plants in the backyard. Friends perhaps most of you know that summer vegetables like zucchini, squash, bitter melon, pumpkins, Lauki, cucumber etc are members of cucurbitaceae family and they produce unisexual flowers. That means unlike most other plants where both male and female organs are in the same flower, they produce male and female flowers separately. In female flowers, the ovary is inferior, means you can see little fruite just below the patels. Therefore these frutes are called pepo fruites although its a berry fruit. 

Pollination: If you are in north America and want to harvest good fruit production, you need to help these plants in pollination because we don't have very manny pollinators in the backyards, specially when flower colours are white. Plants who produce white flowers e.g. long squash(Lauki) and round squash, flower blooming takes place at dusk time. ( just after sun set) In the evening we don't have any insects who will pollinate these flowers. Thus you must do it for your plants. In India we have Jugnus and moths who are great pollinators. 

Plants with yellow flowers bloom early in the morning so you can pollinate them before you go to work. Take a cotton swab and moist it with water. Touch it to the male flower stamens and some pollens will stick to swab. Now apply these pollens to female flower stigma (part inside the female flower, you can see a little necter there. Female flowers are the one with little fruite on the bottom.) Your part is done. You have to do it to every female flower in the beginning of season when you don't see too manny flowers. Once you have good numbers of flowers, insects like honey bee will do it for you. But don't forget to do it in case of white flowers which bloom in the evening.

There will be times when you don't have any male flowers, usually it doesn't happen.In order to avoid this situation you should monitor the growth of your flowers and if required you can save a male flower for the next day. Pollens are good for 24 hours. You can save a male flower in a small plastic bag with few drops of water and preserve it in your fridge which can be used the following day.

Happy planting!😉 
JasToronto thumbnail
JasToronto thumbnail
Punjabi classical folk -tappe.

This singer Mohamed Irshad has got unique voice texture and he brought tears in Hans raj Hans' eyes with his singing. Jaspinder Narula was the other judge seen in this video. 

JasToronto thumbnail
Old memories!😊
My first job in 1981 was with Campa Cola Ltd. and I was based in their R. & D. Laboratories in Connaught Place, New Dehi. They sponsored a famous African musical group called Osibisa which was based in London England. I was on the organizing committee and was responsible for ticket sales at their Ashoka Hotel sales office. The drum beats and speaker vibrations were so intense that some beads from chandeliers hanging in the hall, fell down. Dance the body music and Sunshine day were famous compositions of osibisa.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
The best scene I ever so on television all season

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akl_-T4_F0o[/YOUTUBE]
Four chords

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pidokakU4I[/YOUTUBE]
How Cute is Grandma Gaga

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySjrQNjayPk[/YOUTUBE]
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I'm usually not one for farewells or sentiments, and this certainly is not farewell. However, since I'm officially no longer a DT member; I just wanted to extend a thanks to everyone for their support through the tenure, as well as lack thereof when that was the case. It has been a good time overall.

There have been some major tiffs and incidents that have often made me want to tear my hear out and quit. I'm glad we were able to pull through it and I did not quit over arguments and fights. I believe I did my best to be fair and due apologies to those who feel otherwise.

That is why I'm happy and relieved to be 'retiring' on my own terms for myself. No issues or arguments, no crappy people, nothing that wore me down really - I just wanted to have the freedom to focus on my school and other work. I somewhat selfishly wanted all time spent on IF to be 'me' time. Also to be able to not log in for weeks if need be and not leave members hanging over issues. Who knows maybe even be able to participate in some future DM events and contests.

I also want to add that DM is by far the best section on IF. I've moderated and posted in many sections, but it is really incredible how this section dedicated to "arguments" and "opposing views" has far less issues than other sections. Most members should be happy at how they handle themselves. Hopefully, all members consider this trend of being the most mature and reasonable section, governing themselves without having to keep running to mods for minor issues.

Finally, a confession - It is not easy being a mod. You end up being between a rock and a hard place. You get really ticked of at people and need to vent. Unfortunately, you cannot be unprofessional and mouth of at people. MID's are out of the question, first because of rules and secondly because I despise the notion of it. So sometimes you are compelled to take advantage of existing IDs to take things off your chest and it may perhaps be that other people have been speaking my words verbatim. Actually, there is "One post" that I know off that falls in this category. Some people know exactly what one post, others have to find out. It was actually my crowning glory moment that finally brought out all the evil in my head. Just one post. Curious cats enjoy!

You were one of the most impartial mods on this forum...I know there were times when I did not agree with your decisions but I know that u always tried to do the best u can...A sincere thanks to you for all those times that you have helped me or made every effort to do so...my best wishes to you for ur future...