Uttaran

iccha vs tapasya (Page 10)

Gnarly_Quinn Senior Member
Gnarly_Quinn
Gnarly_Quinn

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by groucho

Originally posted by pragya_dutta

well first of all thanks @ intruderfast and groucho for understanding my POV. Big smile

@ankit 111 yes tapasya has been portrayed with gray shades but like a lot of people in and outside IF i think she is not absolutely a negative or dark character....especially in hindi soaps when we talk bout negative characters we think of characters like komolika of kasauti who embodies the very definition of melodramatic nautanki queen vamp..when we say tappu is different we mean that CV's of uttran hav successfully portrayed a character that is not essentially like a female negative character in a hindi soap. n for that i would congratulate the CV's..they dared to think different.

@tiny 15
there's a difference b/w supporting evil and liking a gray character in a soap...contrary to popular belief here in this forum, we dont vouch for criminals and terroristsLOL...but theres a thin line b/w reality and fiction..in fiction one has the complete right of liking and even defending a negative character.
i know it might be ludicrous to bring in the following example but being a literature student i cant resist doing it...you must have heard of Paradise Lost by John Milton...many critics, authors and poets have loved, supported and even defended the character of Satan in Paradise Lost...including P. B. Shelley and William Blake. does that mean that they believed in satanic occults and worshiped satan and hated God? of course not..cuz it was fiction and what they were praising was a fictional character.
i know it was too elevated an example and the comparison might sound funnyEmbarrassed but i hope my example have further cleared my POV.

I feel the basic problem with characters negative and saintly or good is that in a film you watch the film, you support, don't support the theory on which the film is based, you admire the actings of those who have performed well and you go homeSmileFilms being subjective, there are only those like minded you can discuss the same with and so there is a closure of sorts.

In serials............these characters live with you in your house 5 times a week and many start believing that characters like this could exist ...........this is an occupational hazard of any serious (in this case convoluted) drama and that is when extreme characteristics tend to get under people's skins and we have the reactions that we see.

If the reactions retain humour, logic and most importantly the knowledge that these are dredged up characters........all izz wellWink.............unfortunately more often than not  that does not happen.

Hopefully things will change................Smile On many occasions I have had a lot of fun with members discussing an idealistic situation within Uttaran.

BTW - Paradise Lost is one of my favorites amongst narrative poems........not a student of literature but just a voracious reader. I am more of a Shakespeare lover........ Could you clear a point for me...........did he write PL after he went blind or before??????????

yes i agree with you whole heartedly. but the problem is not liking or even supporting dredged up characters...the problem starts when people start taking it to a personal level... for the actors who essay the characters they hate, as well as for the 'other' party Wink people ... seriously as i said before we, veeya fans, really are not contract killers LOL.

btw, yes Milton wrote PL after he went completely blind..he used to narrate the verses and his 'helpers' used to take them down. if you have liked PL then i would recommend reading Samson Agonistes too... its of shorter length and being a drama entertains us more... because as it is evident from our love our uttran..we do love our drama LOL

PS: i love Shakespeare too ...we shall have a detailed chat bout our literary likes/dislikes someday it seems Smile

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by JustJ

i second aditi , she left nothing for me to add

Unhappy...Please do give your views...........
SRKLuvr IF-Sizzlerz
SRKLuvr
SRKLuvr

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:12am | IP Logged
heyyyy Pragya! Sooo glad ur on!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Gnarly_Quinn

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:18am | IP Logged

yes i agree with you whole heartedly. but the problem is not liking or even supporting dredged up characters...the problem starts when people start taking it to a personal level... for the actors who essay the characters they hate, as well as for the 'other' party Wink people ... seriously as i said before we, veeya fans, really are not contract killers LOL.

btw, yes Milton wrote PL after he went completely blind..he used to narrate the verses and his 'helpers' used to take them down. if you have liked PL then i would recommend reading Samson Agonistes too... its of shorter length and being a drama entertains us more... because as it is evident from our love our uttran..we do love our drama LOL

PS: i love Shakespeare too ...we shall have a detailed chat bout our literary likes/dislikes someday it seems Smile
[/QUOTE]

Oh Pragya, of course nobody thinks you are contract killersShocked.............I loved Charlize Theron's actingin Monster ...........that does not make me a Monster or a murderer......I hopeWinkWink

Yes,  it is a great pity when the line between the actors and their characters becomes merged......I try and remain hopeful that things will sort itself outDay DreamingDay Dreaming

I really look forward to chatting with you some day too............and I will certainly remember your recommendation........thank you.Smile
Gnarly_Quinn
Gnarly_Quinn

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:19am | IP Logged
hello dear...yeah after a rather long time i have been on yesterday n today... see you in veeya heaven Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SRKLuvr

Gnarly_Quinn
Gnarly_Quinn

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:25am | IP Logged

Oh Pragya, of course nobody thinks you are contract killersShocked.............I loved Charlize Theron's actingin Monster ...........that does not make me a Monster or a murderer......I hopeWinkWink

Yes,  it is a great pity when the line between the actors and their characters becomes merged......I try and remain hopeful that things will sort itself outDay DreamingDay Dreaming

I really look forward to chatting with you some day too............and I will certainly remember your recommendation........thank you.Smile

LOL no dear..there are people who have accused us of being able to committing murders and other atrocities because we like tapasya LOL...

oh i LOVE charlize theron..and monster is my favorite by her... she was awwwwwwwsome...hope our rashami too can have th capability of acting like that someday Embarrassed... i think her character in monster further strengthens our POV...i loved that character and even had tears in my eyes in the end of the the movie..and i hated christina ricci..who apparently will turn 'positive' in the end...but the question is does she ?Wink
groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:32am | IP Logged

LOL no dear..there are people who have accused us of being able to committing murders and other atrocities because we like tapasya LOL...

oh i LOVE charlize theron..and monster is my favorite by her... she was awwwwwwwsome...hope our rashami too can have th capability of acting like that someday Embarrassed... i think her character in monster further strengthens our POV...i loved that character and even had tears in my eyes in the end of the the movie..and i hated christina ricci..who apparently will turn 'positive' in the end...but the question is does she ?Wink

As far as I remember she did rat on Charlize and testified against her to save her skin......which Charlize allowed her to do............so my own opinion worse than Charlize who did not betray her till the last.
LimitLessFan IF-Stunnerz
LimitLessFan
LimitLessFan

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 1:36am | IP Logged
ok here i go , i hope no ones quotes me as iam being unbiased and saying wat i always feel
things i hate about iccha:
- extreme brainless :-yes and no  , she has brain she used to use it  , but then she dropped it in pacific ocean
- weak :- Not really, a weak person will never try being strong or even think about it
- extreme submissive
- old fashioned and backward :- Old fashioned well thats how she had been bought up and i dont call her being old fashioned , she is moderate .....backward nope, she does it to please ppl

things i like about iccha:
her beauty...thats all..lol..innocent face and voice...nothing more than that..there are many good things about her , face is innocent , voice is kid like, she is beautiful , heart of a gold, respects everyone ,

things that i hate about tapu
-too selfish Yes
-very individualistic Nope
-very hard hearted Yes, and its by herself and not by nani
-very mean and rude Rude-- dont think so, mean yes very

things i like about tapu
-modern and lively     Modern yes.......
-determined                  In wrong things ........other than that she is not determined
-HAVE FUN IN LIFE not like iccha being religious all the time..no life If going to temple is called religious well no comments, , taps used to have fun in life , bindas attitude .... and she has it at times .....
-funny          Kis angle sae?? sorry she is not .............
-intelligent...(sharp minded) Only in planning and plotting in wrong things , if she would have opened a business of her own , she would have did wonders ......

she is good looking , got innocent face

Edited by JustJ - 18 January 2011 at 1:57am

Go to top