Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein
Dhoondh Legi Manzil Humein

~*DOTW: Sticking to tradition*~

Prinsesse.Suvi IF-Sizzlerz
Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
Hello everyone!Hug 
So this is the first Discussion of the week, and as you know, we are currently having a track about honour killings. Nityanand didn't want Alka to marry Ralph because he was an American, he didn't care that Ralph might be a nice person, might be able to financially support Alka, maybe even better than Jai (okay I know he can't, but what if he could", he didn't even bother to ask, as long as he is American, he is an unsuitable groom for Alka.
I think same with Ramesh and Indu (I so do not know the guy's nameLOL) , the parents don't care whether Indu is a good bahu, just that she is from a different caste.
Would you stick to tradition at all costs? 
Now I know that most of you won't give a damn about marrying intercaste, but possibly you will be wary about marrying someone from a different country or religion.
Suppose, in the future, ten years from now, you children do something totally against your main um... culture, or conventions, would you agree? For example, if he/she wants to live with their bf/gf before marriage, would you mind? And I know live in relationships happen now, and possibly in ten years or more it will be even more common--will you stick to your old customs and beliefs, even though most of the world has moved on? Is it right to do so? At some length, I guess it's okay, in fact it is right to keep your culture intact, but when everyone is moving on, why should you slow down that progression. A few decades back, if you had even thought of a love marriage, it would have resulted in defaming your family, possibly, but now, it is alright. But there are still families that would kill to make sure everyone sticks to traditions, to keep their family's 'honour' intact.
What is your opinion on this issue?

Edited by Suvi7884 - 17 January 2011 at 12:44am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Amrita2010ozzyie-Swetha-

ozzyie IF-Rockerz
ozzyie
ozzyie

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:57pm | IP Logged
well, thanks for the DotwSmile

Frankly speaking , i'm not entirely on any side.
I think , love marriages are so common these days , that parents normally accept. so, i am really very much against of those who adopt the ways of eloping. These people , by their acts , encourage the phenomenon of having done something wrong , that gives rise to honour kiling. If u are  not brave enough, leave it, don't spoil others chances.
 As far as live in relationships are concerned , it is better to flow with the time rather than being stucked.
it is better to give away one's rigid  attitude.
But, at the same time, i would really like to have our soceital values preserved. although , it is difficult , but it would have been fun if could follow both.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Prinsesse.Suvi

Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 9:12pm | IP Logged
No one really interested in DOTW?

Edited by Suvi7884 - 24 January 2011 at 9:11pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

autorikshaozzyie

ozzyie IF-Rockerz
ozzyie
ozzyie

Posted: 26 January 2011 at 7:14pm | IP Logged
lets discuss about the current situation here.
After Abhisheks mom's refusal, what nandini is going to do?????????
 suicide ,i think.
Really, she's feeling so humiliated.Cry

Prinsesse.Suvi

stoneheart Senior Member
stoneheart
stoneheart

Posted: 27 January 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged

Seeing all this on TV and there's another show on child marriage and yet another on honor killings...is a bit alien in this day and age (for me at least).  At the same time I know people who have married outside their religion or societal strata only to regret bitterly. 

And if parents object to a prospective spouse for reasons such as character / habits (basically reasons other than different religion / caste / community / citizenship type) then children should give pause and consider.  After all no parent would want their child to be unhappy .

Life is short enough as it is and it would be sad if you could not spend it with the people you love but then life aint that simple either...there is no right or wrong....just case by case basis.

Prinsesse.Suvi

Prinsesse.Suvi
Prinsesse.Suvi

Posted: 28 January 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
^It still happens though,
Exactly, there isnt a proper right or wrong, it depends on everyones case...
I dont think parents can make the judgements for kids anymore, they have 'experience' they might be biased, they arent willing to take risk etc....it s just better to let the kid take a fall and understand how to get up after that....

autoriksha

autoriksha Senior Member
autoriksha
autoriksha

Posted: 29 January 2011 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Suvi,
Interesting topic. Its always better to move on with teh world then not too especially if your children are at the receiving end. If you don't then you may end up loosing your kids.  My parents insisted that i should marry a guy from a same caste but i know i can't insist that on my son - as long as he is happy, i'll have to accept his wish.
Rita

Prinsesse.Suvi

TrulyAditi Senior Member
TrulyAditi
TrulyAditi

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:06pm | IP Logged
Hey I think it's totally subjective...love marriages are common now and even inter-caste marriages are deemed to be okay and honestly if one's soulmate is from another caste , one can't be expected to leave him/her just because of a different religion!

Prinsesse.Suvi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index