Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Is Big B overrated? (Page 6)

smarie IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:35am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

qwwwkoolchickMeena1

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 8:57am | IP Logged
Yes there have been other legends.. and big b is one of them.. they all have their imp and their place in history.. and its not only big b who has worked for the longest time.. even dev anand has been directing and acting in movies.. till the 90ss.. I loved Sanjeev kumar too. .the guy was awesome.. he was one of a kind who even in his young age.. played the roles of an aged man.. i loved him and amit ji in trishul.. what a combo..Some of Amiji's finest work is in 70s and 80s after his comeback i liked him in khakhee, cheeni kum.. he was marvelous in black..he was the soul of paa.. his intensity.. and vesatality is truly unmatched.. the bachchan brand is getting a bit overexposed.. but still the guy when he stands out there.. is just amazing.. i hope we get to see him in more challenging roles.. unfortuantely there aren't that many interesting scripts written for someone of his age group.. despite that he is rocking.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

melancholicNuktaacheen

Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:55am | IP Logged
No he's not overrated.

My parents tell me daily that no one can reach the heights of Big B. He is still going so strong at the age of 60+. He has maintained so much up till this point.

Its true that he may not have 'acted' the best in all his movies. But he has really come a long way as an actor.

He deserves all the praise. He is the best in Bollywood (actor wise at least).

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meredith

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:13am | IP Logged
its looks yes bcoz of him self he did so many things very cheap i dont have respect since long time.  
Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:57pm | IP Logged

Nuktaacheen

-SMay31- IF-Sizzlerz
-SMay31-
-SMay31-

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
yes he is...
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

I wouldn't consider myself a Big B fan. But I do appreciate the films that he has done and I really admire his dedication towards his work, esp. at his age. His sincerity towards his work can put any 20+ actor to shame!

The man has done so many memorable films....many have been super hits and there have been some shockers there as well (don't get me started on RGV's Aag and that awful movie with Jia Khan!!) but you cannot take away from the fact that the man has worked extremely hard to build a career that any actor would dream of.

Big B is a legend. Agreed that there were many other talented actors during his time such as Dilip Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, Dev Anand....etc....but none of them have what Big B has. He is a versatile artist and has personality. (No disrespect to the other legends) Which is why he has fans of all ages. There are times when I poke fun at the B parivaar LOL esp. with all that IIFA nonsense. But I still respect Big B for his amazing work.

So no...guess I don't think he's overratedLOL

allow me to correct you...!  TongueTongueTongue

Dilip Kumar was way before amit ji's time... he started his career in the 40's...!   TongueTongueTongue  same with Dev Anand, who belongs to the 40's...!   TongueTongueTongue  Rajesh Khanna started somewhere in 60's... so there is a 20 year gap between Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand and Rajesh's career... Amit ji did not start his career until the 70's (i think his debut movie was in 69, to be exact)...!  TongueTongueTongue

Dilip Kumar is a legend of his own...!   even Dharamendra is much senior than Amit... he started his career in the 60's....!   TongueTongue  

Dilip played Amit ji's father in Shakti... movie came out in the early 80's, i think...!   of course, it's one of my favourite movies, with both my favourites together...!   Big smile

Amit ji is definitely not the first one who is still going strong in his 60's...!   TongueTongueTongueTongue

Thank you for the correction LOL and let me be honest, I wasn't bothered about who came first...I just put all the oldies together LOL no offence to any senior members at this forum!!! But what I mean about Big B going strong even today is because look at the other legends- none of them have been able to sustain their respective careers. Jeetu and Rajesh Khanna won't get the type of roles that Big B is offered. Consider it good fortune, I dunno.
And you stuck your tongue out at me too many times, Nuktaa ji. I am shaad Cry LOL

LOLLOL  sorry, it's a bad habit....!   lmao @ senior members.... LOLLOL  senior nahin, ancient bolo...!   Wink

dilip's career spans to about 46 years....!  Big smile  amit ji's so far is 41 years....!    WinkTongue  amit does a lot more movies though in a year, i guess...!

both are my favs, but dilip kumar more so....!   Embarrassed   i'm possessive and have the urge to make sure all the facts are stated correctly...!   EmbarrassedLOLLOLLOL

jeetendra and rajesh khanna never had the same hysteria around them, as a raj kapoor or a dilip kumar or an amitabh bachan...!   so really, no surprises there...!   but jeetendra does has a wonderful long career... rajesh khanna might have fared better in latter days if he had not taken up drinking and whatever else he took up...!  LOLLOLLOL

here's a hug for you...  Hug  does that make you happy...?  WinkBig smile
Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 1:35pm | IP Logged

Nuktaacheen

Go to top