Posted: 13 years ago
Yes there have been other legends.. and big b is one of them.. they all have their imp and their place in history.. and its not only big b who has worked for the longest time.. even dev anand has been directing and acting in movies.. till the 90ss.. I loved Sanjeev kumar too. .the guy was awesome.. he was one of a kind who even in his young age.. played the roles of an aged man.. i loved him and amit ji in trishul.. what a combo..Some of Amiji's finest work is in 70s and 80s after his comeback i liked him in khakhee, cheeni kum.. he was marvelous in black..he was the soul of paa.. his intensity.. and vesatality is truly unmatched.. the bachchan brand is getting a bit overexposed.. but still the guy when he stands out there.. is just amazing.. i hope we get to see him in more challenging roles.. unfortuantely there aren't that many interesting scripts written for someone of his age group.. despite that he is rocking.
No he's not overrated.

My parents tell me daily that no one can reach the heights of Big B. He is still going so strong at the age of 60+. He has maintained so much up till this point.

Its true that he may not have 'acted' the best in all his movies. But he has really come a long way as an actor.

He deserves all the praise. He is the best in Bollywood (actor wise at least).
its looks yes bcoz of him self he did so many things very cheap i dont have respect since long time.  
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

allow me to correct you...!  😛😛😛

Dilip Kumar was way before amit ji's time... he started his career in the 40's...!   😛😛😛  same with Dev Anand, who belongs to the 40's...!   😛😛😛  Rajesh Khanna started somewhere in 60's... so there is a 20 year gap between Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand and Rajesh's career... Amit ji did not start his career until the 70's (i think his debut movie was in 69, to be exact)...!  😛😛😛

Dilip Kumar is a legend of his own...!   even Dharamendra is much senior than Amit... he started his career in the 60's....!   😛😛  

Dilip played Amit ji's father in Shakti... movie came out in the early 80's, i think...!   of course, it's one of my favourite movies, with both my favourites together...!   😃

Amit ji is definitely not the first one who is still going strong in his 60's...!   😛😛😛😛

Thank you for the correction 😆 and let me be honest, I wasn't bothered about who came first...I just put all the oldies together 😆 no offence to any senior members at this forum!!! But what I mean about Big B going strong even today is because look at the other legends- none of them have been able to sustain their respective careers. Jeetu and Rajesh Khanna won't get the type of roles that Big B is offered. Consider it good fortune, I dunno.
And you stuck your tongue out at me too many times, Nuktaa ji. I am shaad 😭 ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

Thank you for the correction 😆 and let me be honest, I wasn't bothered about who came first...I just put all the oldies together 😆 no offence to any senior members at this forum!!! But what I mean about Big B going strong even today is because look at the other legends- none of them have been able to sustain their respective careers. Jeetu and Rajesh Khanna won't get the type of roles that Big B is offered. Consider it good fortune, I dunno.
And you stuck your tongue out at me too many times, Nuktaa ji. I am shaad 😭 ðŸ˜†

😆😆  sorry, it's a bad habit....!   lmao @ senior members.... 😆😆  senior nahin, ancient bolo...!   😉

dilip's career spans to about 46 years....!  😃  amit ji's so far is 41 years....!    😉😛  amit does a lot more movies though in a year, i guess...!

both are my favs, but dilip kumar more so....!   😳   i'm possessive and have the urge to make sure all the facts are stated correctly...!   😳😆😆😆

jeetendra and rajesh khanna never had the same hysteria around them, as a raj kapoor or a dilip kumar or an amitabh bachan...!   so really, no surprises there...!   but jeetendra does has a wonderful long career... rajesh khanna might have fared better in latter days if he had not taken up drinking and whatever else he took up...!  😆😆😆

here's a hug for you...  🤗  does that make you happy...?  😉😃
^^Never mind ji...we all tend to get possessive over our faves :) and you can stick your tongue out as much as you want...your emoticon, your choice 😆
here's a hug in return 🤗 
Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

^^Never mind ji...we all tend to get possessive over our faves :) and you can stick your tongue out as much as you want...your emoticon, your choice 😆
here's a hug in return 🤗 

nahin, it's just sad that people don't really care much about the old times... everything gets bundled the same...!   when amit ji debuted, dilip had already enjoyed 30 years of an amazing career... nobody remembers that now...  oh well....

i'll make sure my kids watch all dilip kumar movies and early movies of amit ji...!   😆😆😆
Originally posted by Nuktaacheen

nahin, it's just sad that people don't really care much about the old times... everything gets bundled the same...!   when amit ji debuted, dilip had already enjoyed 30 years of an amazing career... nobody remembers that now...  oh well....

i'll make sure my kids watch all dilip kumar movies and early movies of amit ji...!   😆😆😆

I understand what you mean :) Actually I'm a huge Kishore Kumar fan and love all his songs esp.the songs that were picturised on Rajesh Khanna. I'm an old soul in that sense! In fact, I was watching Avtaar (Rajesh Khanna- Shabana Azmi) with my mother this afternoon 😆 But I must admit, haven't seen many of Dilip Kumar's films...but he was a fine actor for sure. Woh kehte hain na, old is gold :)

topic kahan se kahan aagaya lol.. kk so you guys think its a big no.  cool i can agree to disagree ;)

I can see your points as him having the longest standing career from his other fellow actors who came out during that time, but for me atleast I think its the idea of him being a legend which makes him a legend..