Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
No I don't think he is at all. He deserves all the success. I agree though actors like Dharmendra and Jeetendra never got recognition that they deserved
bollywoodbabe1 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
He is not overated at all! He is the greatest actor there was, is and will ever be! A LEGEND! He just has something special about him that no one else does. The variety of roles and his magnitude of acting is untouchable! A movie he does might be bad, but his performances are always the best! He is the BEST! There's no question about him being overated. No one has achieved as much as him in Bollywood.
If Big B is over-rated then what about SRK, Aamir, Salman, Akshay Kumar?

U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
as an actor, no, as a person, definitely yes. he is looked upon as the epitome of mahaanta. 
tell me something .. does he sport a wig ? πŸ€”
Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Adhuri-Daastan

I wouldn't consider myself a Big B fan. But I do appreciate the films that he has done and I really admire his dedication towards his work, esp. at his age. His sincerity towards his work can put any 20+ actor to shame!

The man has done so many memorable films....many have been super hits and there have been some shockers there as well (don't get me started on RGV's Aag and that awful movie with Jia Khan!!) but you cannot take away from the fact that the man has worked extremely hard to build a career that any actor would dream of.

Big B is a legend. Agreed that there were many other talented actors during his time such as Dilip Kumar, Rajesh Khanna, Dev Anand....etc....but none of them have what Big B has. He is a versatile artist and has personality. (No disrespect to the other legends) Which is why he has fans of all ages. There are times when I poke fun at the B parivaar πŸ˜† esp. with all that IIFA nonsense. But I still respect Big B for his amazing work.

So no...guess I don't think he's overratedπŸ˜†

allow me to correct you...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Dilip Kumar was way before amit ji's time... he started his career in the 40's...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  same with Dev Anand, who belongs to the 40's...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  Rajesh Khanna started somewhere in 60's... so there is a 20 year gap between Dilip Kumar, Dev Anand and Rajesh's career... Amit ji did not start his career until the 70's (i think his debut movie was in 69, to be exact)...!  πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Dilip Kumar is a legend of his own...!   even Dharamendra is much senior than Amit... he started his career in the 60's....!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›  

Dilip played Amit ji's father in Shakti... movie came out in the early 80's, i think...!   of course, it's one of my favourite movies, with both my favourites together...!   πŸ˜ƒ

Amit ji is definitely not the first one who is still going strong in his 60's...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: psychoboblehead

tell me something .. does he sport a wig ? πŸ€”

No he doesn't. The guy does not support a wig. Whtever gave you that idea. πŸ€”πŸ˜†

Nuktaacheen thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Theatre

I don't know TBH. I like most of his old films, new ones.. eh. I like Aanad, Bombay to Goa, Zanjeer, Deewar, Kabhi Kabhi, Agneepath (I can't believe SRK is going to play his role in the remake, UGH).

He had bad years between 90-2000 b/c there were new heroes and he lost a lot of money too! 

correction... srk is not in the agneepath remake... hrithik is going to be essaying amit's role...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Originally posted by: Nuktaacheen

correction... srk is not in the agneepath remake... hrithik is going to be essaying amit's role...!   πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

Oh Man..!! *fainted*..

PS. i saw Agneepath and i thought the movie was terrible.. i didn't like anything abt it.. but than again.. i might just be an odd case..πŸ˜†

Originally posted by: Meena1

No he doesn't. The guy does not support a wig. Whtever gave you that idea. πŸ€”πŸ˜†

he sports a hair-weave...πŸ˜†