Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

The prestegious WINE CLUB thread #2 -01/16/2010 (Page 81)

serialwatcher16 IF-Rockerz
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Opti

Muniza, completely agree with you.   I too am not a blind supporter of Geet but I am more sympathetic towards her than Maan at times. I do haul her up if she acts unreasonably or foolishly.  I did not like the way she acted in Sat's epi, asking him to make stupid promises. I felt she should have respected his sentiments too and even if she believed she was safe she should have allowed him to make the arrangements at home.  The MU track was really stupid. I didn't like her OTT behaviour but I blamed Maan more because he was the mature of the two.  He should have understood where she was coming from (given her baggage of the past) instead on sitting on his high horse and inflating his ego.  I loved the  way Geet fought for their relationship and got him to see reason. My take is Maan saved Geet's life and she saved his soul. So they are equal in that way. One cant do without the other for a lifeless soul or a soulless life is not worth living.

I think Maan makes fewer mistakes and he is more logical but I forgive Geet more for her behaviour because in my mind she is 18 and @ 18 you can be immature and you can be allowed to make mistakes but not allowing Maan to take care of her for her own safety is absolutely idiotic. I was totally totally mad with her. 

But I still liked Maan more when he did not help her and made her do things herself. And whenever he gives her advice to stand up for herself and not bother about what the whole world is saying about her. She is also a little tubelight. she understand the good of it later but she does realise it.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Infinitedreams

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Agree with you Usha on the crude part of Tamil film comedy.  The old tamil films had great clean comedy. I love Nagesh and Cho but these days they come up with these double meaning crude jokes which make one want to throw up. Vivek's comedy is the only variety I can tolerate. Dont watch many Tamil films. In fact don't watch many films per se. Am more into T.V.shows as they are shorter.  I dig the offbeat films more than the commercial variety.

As to not being able to digest what your son sees at his age, let me say that it is a generation thing.  The media explosion is not making it any easier for us parents.

I'm sure our parents would have been scandalised if they knew what we were watching at that age.  I read Irving Wallace's "The Second Lady" when I was merely 15.  My aunt who was 14 years my senior was reading it and I happened to find it one day and got curious.  Must say that I was pretty traumatised after that. That's how I came to know the facts of life.  My son who is not yet 13 seems to know much more than I did at his age. The other day seeing a picture of an actress harmlessly kissing another one on the cheek in some party, he said, "Mummy, this is not right."  I asked him why and he replied that "It means they are gay."  I told my hubby to sit him down and have a serious conversation with him to ascertain how much he really knows. Don't want him to get half baked knowledge and draw his conclusions from there.  
Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:02am | IP Logged

Muniza, completely agree with you.   I too am not a blind supporter of Geet but I am more sympathetic towards her than Maan at times. I do haul her up if she acts unreasonably or foolishly.  I did not like the way she acted in Sat's epi, asking him to make stupid promises. I felt she should have respected his sentiments too and even if she believed she was safe she should have allowed him to make the arrangements at home.  The MU track was really stupid. I didn't like her OTT behaviour but I blamed Maan more because he was the mature of the two.  He should have understood where she was coming from (given her baggage of the past) instead on sitting on his high horse and inflating his ego.  I loved the  way Geet fought for their relationship and got him to see reason. My take is Maan saved Geet's life and she saved his soul. So they are equal in that way. One cant do without the other for a lifeless soul or a soulless life is not worth living.

Wow very well saidClap, and i am too agree with you..First of all giving any statement on characters, 1 person should understand the character very well then you can easily fight for that....If we understand the characters then it's easy to discuss them....

And from which background she came, tell u honestly she has mostly reasons of her foolishness...Not much confidence she has, if you see on 1 place if she stood strongly, at the other moment she kinds of lose her confidence...It's not like she doesnt wanna try or she is not strong to face, but cause of her background, or in which atmosphere she brought up, it hardly leave her, it always comes on her....I hope you are getting what i mean?

Muniza
Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialwatcher16

But I still liked Maan more when he did not help her and made her do things herself. And whenever he gives her advice to stand up for herself and not bother about what the whole world is saying about her. She is also a little tubelight. she understand the good of it later but she does realise it.

Bang on, that's what really attracted me to his character.  All his taunts made her a stronger person.  In fact I made a VM on that which sadly got deleted along with one of my youtube accounts.  If you are interested I'll reupload it again in my current youtube account.

I wished they handled that MU track differently.  If he had been shown to be a strict boss but not an unreasonable one I could have palated it but they made him pompous, egoistic, hard hearted and totally unreasonable. I hated it when he said he was demoting her to his secretary even after she finished the work assigned to her because she was one minute late. Granted she cannot become a CEO overnight but then she wasn't so dumb that she should be confined to just bringing him coffee.  Although he did it as part of his vendetta for her earlier behaviour, I found it cheap.  

Edited by Opti - 17 January 2011 at 12:09am
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged

Opti, That is true. I was into Mills & Boon from 9th standard i think. And my uncle used to keep wanting me to read serious stuff but i was adamant and then he would tell me they are 'educative' if nothing else......I was actually traumatised more by If tomorrow Comes/Sidney Sheldon

I have now got over my mental block of watching with him. Now it is the turn of my hubby to get scandalised. I don't save him at all. Let him go through all the trauma that I went through, whether to say yes or no. Is it okay or not, Cheap pleasures that i get seeing him distressed on all this.........

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:14am | IP Logged
Usha, of late my son is pestering me asking me how do babies come out.  I told him truthfully that they cut my stomach to get him out (had a c-sec) and showed him the scar.  But he is not fully satisfied. He keeps asking about how the child will be delivered in places where there is no doctor around.  Dont know how to explain this to him. All I said is that women have three openings instead of two like men and the baby comes out from there.  Don't know how much he followed.
serialwatcher16
serialwatcher16

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged

Opti, the indian paints episodes were a character aberration which i did not understand, could not place and identify with his character. It was totally insulting.

Also the present phase when he hides things from her, i always thought they told each other the truth whether the other person liked it or not. Because finally there can be only one truth and that was the basis of their relationship that she ddi not hesitate to tell him she was pregnant. that was the most important truth of her life which she shared even before she said she loved him. She felt that was the most important thing she had to tell him, no beating around the bush.

Infinitedreams IF-Stunnerz
Infinitedreams
Infinitedreams

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:17am | IP Logged
Originally posted by serialwatcher16

I think Maan makes fewer mistakes and he is more logical but I forgive Geet more for her behaviour because in my mind she is 18 and @ 18 you can be immature and you can be allowed to make mistakes but not allowing Maan to take care of her for her own safety is absolutely idiotic. I was totally totally mad with her. 

Yes he wanted her to stand her own, and do things by her own self, but somewhere he by himself not let her do anything...If he really wanted her to face the world and become strong he should has to let her...If you remember IP track, she challenged him, that she would proved him that she could do anything without taking his help, but what happened? in the end she was thinking if he would be here to helped her, and what he did? bought the company to show her that she couldnt do anything with his help....Seriously that was the best time for them to prove eachother, but anyways they had spoiled that...

Muniza

Go to top