Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Bachchans' boycott of IIFA 2011 (Page 8)

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _-sHoNaa-_

well bad for them then...they will be missing the winter in torontoErmm

Its in june.. its not gonna be cold.. i guess its gonna happen somewhere around the GTA suburbs..

As for the bachhans.. well i have been sayin it all along.. raavan also tanked and they lost the ambassadorship too.. it sucks.. oh well.. there are many other award functions. .they can attend.. they aren't missing out on much.

Edited by ladygaga - 17 January 2011 at 9:02am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheenkoolchick-Mmmmm-

Tani91 IF-Sizzlerz
Tani91
Tani91

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
aww that sucks...was looking forward to Big B and Abhi-AishCry

seriously after KBC I'm become such a huge phanki of Big BApprove
Nuktaacheen IF-Dazzler
Nuktaacheen
Nuktaacheen

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged
looks like anil is going to be taking over... WinkTongue

doesn't matter really who attends or not... with so many award ceremonies springing up, there is plenty to attend... IIFA isn't the only one...!

qwwwladygaga-Mmmmm-

zoyah Goldie
zoyah
zoyah

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
is it because they are not giving awards to the aishwary and her husband ggg lol
turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:45am | IP Logged

IIFA doesn't need me any more: Amitabh

Bharati Dubey, TNN, Jan 17, 2011, 09.38pm IST
Email this article
Save this article
My Saved articles
Reduce font size
Increase font size
Share on Hotklix
Share on Messenger
Share on StumbleUpon
Share on Yahoo Buzz!
Share on Digg
Share on Reditt
Google Bookmarks Newsvine
Live Bookmarks Technorati
Yahoo Bookmarks Blogmarks
Del.icio.us ApnaCircle
inShare
IIFA doesn't need me, says Big B
See photo
MUMBAI: After Amitabh Bachchan tweeted that IIFA does not need him anymore, an official statement issued by IIFA clarified that they have aborted the very concept of brand ambassador.

The official statement by Wizcraft said, "Keeping in mind the huge respect that Wizcraft and IIFA have for Mr Bachchan and the deep relationship that we've always shared, we will not have anyone replace Mr Bachchan."

It maybe recalled that relations between IIFA and the Bachchans strained after the family stayed away from last year's event in Sri Lanka. Although no reasons were given by the Bachchans for their non-participation, they apparently took that decision after the south Indian film industry decided to boycott the event and even called for Bollywood to follow suit.

The Mani Ratnam-directed 'Raavan', starring Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, was due for release at the time and the Bachchans didn't want to jeopardize its release, so they probably heeded the south Indian film industry's plea not to go to Sri Lanka. Actor Salman Khan filled in for Bachchan at the last minute.

Read more: IIFA doesn't need me any more: Amitabh - The Times of India http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/IIFA-doesnt-need-me-any-more-Amitabh/articleshow/7306611.cms#ixzz1BJsm78JA

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

qwww IF-Dazzler
qwww
qwww

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:47am | IP Logged
Well it was pretty clear AB Sr broke a clause in his contract by not showing up last year. What did he expect then? I see not reason why he is making a big deal about it  - tweeting and retweeting stuff.

NuktaacheenSalma2-Mmmmm-

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:48am | IP Logged
Amitabh Bachchan out of IIFA
Navdeep Kaur Marwah, Hindustan Times
New Delhi, January 17, 2011
First Published: 19:06 IST(17/1/2011)
Last Updated: 19:10 IST(17/1/2011)
Share more...
5 Comments         
Email     print
Amitabh Bachchan has been dropped from the position of IIFA's brand ambassador. The actor remained the face of the international award show for past 10 years ever since the awards began in the year 2000. Bachchan's post about him not traveling to Toronto (where the awards will be held this year) on the micro blogging site Twitter shocked many including fans and fraternity members.

"Not coming to Toronto IIFA. IIFA says my services are not required," he tweeted. He even held the organizers responsible for his absence in Sri Lanka last year. "It's the organizers of IIFA that do not want me in Toronto. Sri Lanka was the same," he wrote.

IFFA's spokesperson Sabbas Joseph issued a response this evening saying, "Due to unexplainable reasons, after announcing the event as AmitabhBrand Ambassador, Mr. Bachchan couldn't participate in the IIFA Weekend Sri Lanka last year. Following this, IIFA aborted the concept of a Brand Ambassador. Keeping in mind the huge respect that Wizcraft and IIFA have for Mr. Bachchan and the deep relationship that we've always shared, we are not having anyone replace Mr. Bachchan. The Bachchan family has been an intrinsic part of IIFA every year, and in this regard we have already shared with them a proposal about their participation this year too. Mr Bachchan's reason for non-participation is best known to him. IIFA and Mr. Bachchan are inseparable. We will continue to pursue his participation for this year too."

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Nuktaacheen-Mmmmm-

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 11:49am | IP Logged

Another good example of Jo dhikta hai woh bhikta hai... Jo Bhikta hai woh chalta hai.....

Lets face it....and I hate to say this.....AB Jr... career is going no where... Ash's has peaked and is on its way down.... And how long will the sheen last just riding on Bachchan Sr's shoulders....

IIFA is not doing any charity nor it is funded by the Bachchans.... End of the day it is a business and whatever gets them the dough works for them....

and past couple of years the presence of the Bachchans at the IIFA was alienating the rest of the Bollywood mainly the Bollywood Superstars....

Initially it worked having the Bachchans on board and then as the intial euphoria waned so did the attention, the viewership, the sponsor, the TRP's....

and last year was the final nail in the coffin..... the Bachchan's boycotted it and the IIFA found a good reason to end their 'services'

anyways... does it really matter... all these awards, not just these but in general all the Bollywood awards all they provide is a source of entertainment....Total time pass....
Regarding IIFA....The Bachchan saga ends and a new saga begins...... Wink

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-RD-NuktaacheenqwwwbipsMeena1

Go to top