hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by debayon

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I never said I did though Debu!Wink
Sivaji and Enthiran are Tamil films but they still made a lot more money than a lot of Hindi movies have ever made right?

Anyway, that wasn't even the point of my post. My point was that you can't call Indian Idol a 'rip-off' version of American Idol/Pop Idol just like you can't call DID  a rip-off of DBD.
I don't believe thatLOL Sivaji and Enthiran did not make more than some of the Hindi movies. LOLUnless you mean those B-grade moviesTongue

Why not? Zee started DBD before DID...so obviously DID is taken from DBD.

Debu, do you know the definition of the words 'rip-off'?

Rip-off: The act of stealing

You seriously don't believe that? Ok tell me, are you a fan of SRK? Did you watch Billu Barber and do you consider that to be a B grade movie? Go compare the gross revenue of Enthiran and the gross revenue of Billu Barber and you yourself will see the MASSIVE difference!Wink
Tell you what, forget about films like Billu, go check how much My Name Is Khan made or for that matter any other average or even above-average Bollywood film in comparison to a film like Enthiran.

The figures speak for themselves Debu.
Hmmm, alright, but these are rare occasions. But for the most part, nation wide released movies or national TV have a wider audience.

Yes, I know what rip-off meansConfused I don't understand why it is hard to believe that DID is taken from DBD? Even Bhool Bhulaiya was taken from the Malayalam movie Manichitrazu by Priyadarshan.

They're not as rare as you think though. ;)
Of course Hindi movies will always appeal to a wider audience compared to regional cinema but we shouldn't underestimate regional talent and if there is talent, then well anything is possible with the right marketing strategy. I remember my mum telling me she wants to go and watch Dasavathaaram after seeing the craze for it and she's never even seen a single tamil movie in her life. 

Bhool Bhulaiya and Manichithrathazhu were made by two totally different people whereas DBD and DID are BOTH Zee shows so there really is no question of ripping off here. 

debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 3:24pm | IP Logged

I never said I did though Debu!Wink
Sivaji and Enthiran are Tamil films but they still made a lot more money than a lot of Hindi movies have ever made right?

Anyway, that wasn't even the point of my post. My point was that you can't call Indian Idol a 'rip-off' version of American Idol/Pop Idol just like you can't call DID  a rip-off of DBD.
I don't believe thatLOL Sivaji and Enthiran did not make more than some of the Hindi movies. LOLUnless you mean those B-grade moviesTongue

Why not? Zee started DBD before DID...so obviously DID is taken from DBD.

Debu, do you know the definition of the words 'rip-off'?

Rip-off: The act of stealing

You seriously don't believe that? Ok tell me, are you a fan of SRK? Did you watch Billu Barber and do you consider that to be a B grade movie? Go compare the gross revenue of Enthiran and the gross revenue of Billu Barber and you yourself will see the MASSIVE difference!Wink
Tell you what, forget about films like Billu, go check how much My Name Is Khan made or for that matter any other average or even above-average Bollywood film in comparison to a film like Enthiran.

The figures speak for themselves Debu.
Hmmm, alright, but these are rare occasions. But for the most part, nation wide released movies or national TV have a wider audience.

Yes, I know what rip-off meansConfused I don't understand why it is hard to believe that DID is taken from DBD? Even Bhool Bhulaiya was taken from the Malayalam movie Manichitrazu by Priyadarshan.

They're not as rare as you think though. ;)
Of course Hindi movies will always appeal to a wider audience compared to regional cinema but we shouldn't underestimate regional talent and if there is talent, then well anything is possible with the right marketing strategy. I remember my mum telling me she wants to go and watch Dasavathaaram after seeing the craze for it and she's never even seen a single tamil movie in her life. 

Bhool Bhulaiya and Manichithrathazhu were made by two totally different people whereas DBD and DID are BOTH Zee shows so there really is no question of ripping off here. 
I am not underestimating regional talent, some of the SI movies are really wonderful, and I have watched a few Assamese and Mizo movies, they were quite enlightening too, especially the backdrop in which they were set inSmile

Actually, Manichithrathazhu or whatever(LOL) was co-directed by PriyadarshanWink But I get what you mean, and I think I was being hasty on picking my words. But I think you get what I meanTongue
ThatOneGuy IF-Sizzlerz
ThatOneGuy
ThatOneGuy

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
A perfect and ideal example of Rip-Off is the new show "Dance Olympics"  about to start on Star Plus kindda ripped-off from "So You Think You Can Dance"...

But yes I think Zee acknowledges that they got DID's concept directly from DBD...and for some weird reason, people who have seen both enjoy DBD far more than DID.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

debayon-Aaliyah-

anjali10 IF-Rockerz
anjali10
anjali10

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:07pm | IP Logged
ok, guys..the topic is about how GM is doing the same thing again and not about which show is which show's rip off D'oh
Stay focused Confused LOL
debayon IF-Sizzlerz
debayon
debayon

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 5:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DharmeshSir

But yes I think Zee acknowledges that they got DID's concept directly from DBD...and for some weird reason, people who have seen both enjoy DBD far more than DID.
Oh it does? Hmmm...that's good I guess.

LOL, DBD's production values aren't that goodLOL About the dance...can't say, take a look at yourself, see how Dada yet again reiterates what the judges say. LOL

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged

Hey Anj why are you picking on my dearest beloved Mithun Duh eh???  Cry 

While shaking his legs atleast he is not scratching his belly na Wink LOL

Leave my DBMD alone yaar....Achhe khaase suit pahen kar aate hai...Drapes me nahi na CoolApprove 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

anjali10hindu4lyfAngel-likeDevilThatOneGuydesicrowd

desicrowd IF-Sizzlerz
desicrowd
desicrowd

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:32pm | IP Logged

A perfect and ideal example of Rip-Off is the new show "Dance Olympics"  about to start on Star Plus kindda ripped-off from "So You Think You Can Dance"...

I agree DID was taken from DBD...
and coming back to Mithunduh....aiyyye yeh off topic kyu jaa rahe hai aaiiyeee (***pelvic thrust***)...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

anjali10dmgmjht4everAngel-likeDevilDabulls23

Dabulls23 IF-Stunnerz
Dabulls23
Dabulls23

Posted: 19 January 2011 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

I agree DID was taken from DBD...
and coming back to Mithunduh....aiyyye yeh off topic kyu jaa rahe hai aaiiyeee (***pelvic thrust***)...

DC @ MD's PT LOLLOLLOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

anjali10desicrowd

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

DID Doubles Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index