Shaadi se pehle- an analysis of 15/1/11

Posted: 13 years ago
so the drama is building up looks like .. 
i liked what i saw ... when you expect little you feel happy with whatever you see i guess, and hence when i saw what i saw i was certainly happy ...

Dadi mentions clearly she feels bad for Arjun, but what happened to NT was deserved- this is from where you see the birth of a new angle ... Arjun will make his way into the family, as a person that will win everyones trust.. Maan is no longer doubtful of Arjuns intentions ... atleast not as much as he was earlier .. 
though i doubt how Maan will take the whole Anwesha liking thing well.. there are a few possiblities ...
-Annie and Arjun continue the story on the sly ...
-they play the whole pyar kia toh darna kya track where Arjun stays in the house and wins over the older brother in the process getting things done as well ...
-Maan and Arjun become friends in the process- as Arjuns revenge reaches its peak and he does something drastic only to realise he has lost his love as well as has made a huge irreparable blunder !!!

Dadi was sensible when she said, she was letting NT win by not getting married .. but Geet's fears were also justified since wanted nothing wrong to happen in her dream wedding ...

Maan and Geet's scene was a lovely moment- i always wanted them to talk before their wedding, and discuss these little things .. and for a while now, Maan had stopped being Maan, as his love and over concern for Geet had taken over him .. he was beginning to look lost and dazed and hence not happy in his own wedding.. this emotion was brought out really well... and i loved the fact that Geet read his mind .. she knew what were consuming his thoughts, and the promise she took from him was the most touching moment of the day for me ...
the coming days may see Maan again having to make a choice looks like it ... but Maan didnt conclusively promise he will think of his own happiness.. he merely said he would try ... cos he knows his happiness is attached to geet being happy ... 

Maan saying tum dono jaldi aa jaana signified, there is certainly an impending danger .. it was like Geet actually had walked into a trap though there were danger boards all over the place .. what destiny has in store, no one gets to question it ...

Maan asks her to stay back! 
Dadi tells her about the jam..
Annie chooses to be with Arjun
Her friends leave her there and return home!

So to speak everyone pushes the responsiblity onto the other with respect to Geet, and she is finally left to fend for herself, unless Maan himself reached there to save her ...

Monday holds for us a dramatic twist looks like where Maan will go try and fetch his dulhania amidst and against all odds ...
But this is also the best time, for Arjun to play his cards well, and offer to save Geet, and get her to the wedding, hence making a place in the khuranas hearts ...
Maan will always be grateful to this man for saving his ladylove and will begin to trust Arjun and what he is made of .. This ofcourse would happen only if they want to steal the thunder from the hero Maan!! 
Anyway i am simply thinking of possibilties ...

For Geet when she dresss to finally be a bride the lady at the salon exclaims i have never seen a bride as beautiful as you, and Geet like any bride to be blushes and is happy since her dream is finally coming true ... but then she comes back to reality as she realises there are literally road blocks in her way now, in terms of traffic and she is stuck there for two hours ...

It is as though all these things were to happen before her wedding to actually show how impossible this was going to be ...

This is where the older promo comes into place where Geet dreams of a prince on a white horse coming and taking her away ... and she says ...
" par yeh toh mera sapna hai ... sach kaise ho sakta hai" which means ... though she had always wanted to have a dream wedding, she was to get one, but, it may not be possible ... 
the second promo when we link it up to the first one shows ...
Maan dreaming of his wife to be dress up for him, and the wedding happens, only to lose her eventually ... His fears are clear and he is helpless, just the way he is at the moment ...
The promos have begun to make sense and so have the tracks though the execution was messed up pretty much ..
But now things are making sense to me .. !! 

All i want to say is, the lesser you expect the happier you are when things happen ..
So aaj se mera policy hai ... start at zero, and mark when you see it .. you are happier that way !!

love,
Niha
Oh this has now become my policy too, expect the least so when you get something you are happy.

Especially with the way things not going as expected and us getting all upset and frustrated, I've decided not to get over excited over anything (difficult with Maaneet but will try), try not to watch SBB, SBS & other news (the operative word being "Try") so I can be happy with what I get.

All wishful thinking......how much I'll actually be able to do it is another story๐Ÿ˜†
Absolutely, Niha!

Your post makes a lot of sense....and I agree that the less we expect, the more we enjoy.

Unfortunately, the Geet team has led us up the garden path dangling the legendary red herring at us...we've been led by our collective noses and fallen into keechad!

Convoluted analogy, I know.

We expect so much from this bunch always that any lacune is detected and mulled over....it seems like a betrayal of sorts.

So, from today, I too am going to follow your policy of "Expect little and you'll get double for the trouble."

very well said nihu....
the promise is quite ambiguous....for maan his happiness is connected with geet being happy which in turn means the baby has to live at all cost....
so....i feel by asking maan to make this promise....geet has actually secured the life of the baby...
sounds a bit selfish to me...she must consider that for maan the baby will be a burden widout geet...
i am happy on some days and sad one some, i have decided to take each day as it comes ... ๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by drdee142

Oh this has now become my policy too, expect the least so when you get something you are happy.

Especially with the way things not going as expected and us getting all upset and frustrated, I've decided not to get over excited over anything (difficult with Maaneet but will try), try not to watch SBB, SBS & other news (the operative word being "Try") so I can be happy with what I get.

All wishful thinking......how much I'll actually be able to do it is another story๐Ÿ˜†
Yey nihu niecy is here๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

yup even today after yesterday i had no expectations.........but i was actually quite surprised as to how today's episode was. It was good....not the best.....but it was good.......
yes the execution sucks....directions sucks...screenplay sucks.......but today not bad....

even though i feel like that the main plot of the show really is the wedding........currently and about NT and arjun's revenge....i feel like the solid storyline will come into play after the wedding takes place.

thank u niecy for a wonderful post....and amazing ideas.....things we have not thought of lolzzz.....awesome....and good to know that u found the episode good....

well i can't believe i am sayin this but.....i cannot wait until Monday......hmm lets see where this takes us now.
Edited by mysterygurl1427 - 13 years ago

Originally posted by pippa

Absolutely, Niha!

Your post makes a lot of sense....and I agree that the less we expect, the more we enjoy.

thanks man ๐Ÿ˜Š lets stay positive and expect 0!

Unfortunately, the Geet team has led us up the garden path dangling the legendary red herring at us...we've been led by our collective noses and fallen into keechad!

keechad main mud bath is also good for the skin at times .. hehehe ..  but yes earlier we looked forward to stuff, and didnt set standards, we were happier .. i think its time to revert to that phase once more for the love of the show ..

Convoluted analogy, I know.

We expect so much from this bunch always that any lacune is detected and mulled over....it seems like a betrayal of sorts.

So, from today, I too am going to follow your policy of "Expect little and you'll get double for the trouble."

awesome post ...
very well analysed........
loved it......
very true ... but where wud we get the baby from if there is no geet, she is the child  bearer .. and i feel the makers will make sure if at all the baby has to go it is inevitable ...and she will know Maan had no other option...

Originally posted by aditi123_78

very well said nihu....
the promise is quite ambiguous....for maan his happiness is connected with geet being happy which in turn means the baby has to live at all cost....
so....i feel by asking maan to make this promise....geet has actually secured the life of the baby...
sounds a bit selfish to me...she must consider that for maan the baby will be a burden widout geet...
i cant say i cant wait for monday, but i saw the possibilities for a future track in the episode .. lets see where they take us from here 

[QU

OTE=mysterygurl1427]
Yey nihu niecy is here๐Ÿ˜ณ

yup even today after yesterday i had no expectations.........but i was actually quite surprised as to how today's episode was. It was good....not the best.....but it was good.......
yes the execution sucks....directions sucks...screenplay sucks.......but today not bad....

even though i feel like that the main plot of the show really is the wedding........currently and about NT and arjun's revenge....i feel like the solid storyline will come into play after the wedding takes place.

thank u niecy for a wonderful post....adn amazing ideas.....things we have not thought of lolzzz.....awesome....and good to know that u found the episode good....

well i can't believe i am sayin this but.....i cannot wait until Monday......hmm lets see where this takes us now.
[/QUOTE]