India-Forums

Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

Anandis future? (Page 5)

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
@ funfan and Aditi - I agree on the parts about Anandi's education !! The cv's should definitely take that up as a issue and focus on that aspect of story...however my logic and understanding about Jagya-Anandi's marriage is different...I have said this many times in this forum...but for me child marriage is no marriage....so there is no question of commitment per-se....

Anandi and Jagya were married when they were 6 !! they didnt even know the meaning of marriage let alone commitment....they grew up as friends and as they stepped into teenage it turned into attraction...the bond and love is more out of friendship rather than a husband-wife relationship....and also they are just 18-19 year olds....how many teens do we see being commited to each other for life? atleast I havent come across any ! it would be one of those rare cases where they are together for life...but the way they have portrayed Jagya in the show since childhood...he has always been a brat...now when he has moved to the city if he falls in love with another girl...and being an adult (18+)...I fell he has all the right to choose his life partner !! after all one cannot deny the fact that Anandi was not his choice...I see the so called commitment as a forced lifetime confinement in a relationship..which one cannot get out of...thats suffocating...specially when a person is now grown up and knows what he wants !!!  and showing how happy Ananid and Jagya are in life would be a totally wrong message if we talk about child marriages !! then for me the message would be look how strong the bond is between the couple, how committed they are and its all because they grew up together...I cant digest that fact !
anyways thats my pov...guess thats what makes this forum interesting different views on the same issue Smile no hard feelings...

But I agree on the fact that Jagya is turning out to be a snob and a lier..he needs to rectify his acts before the damage is done....he needs to pick one girl and stay true to her rather than playing with the life and feelings of two girls...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

funfananu rulz

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by divmath

@ funfan and Aditi - I agree on the parts about Anandi's education !! The cv's should definitely take that up as a issue and focus on that aspect of story...however my logic and understanding about Jagya-Anandi's marriage is different...I have said this many times in this forum...but for me child marriage is no marriage....so there is no question of commitment per-se....

Anandi and Jagya were married when they were 6 !! they didnt even know the meaning of marriage let alone commitment....they grew up as friends and as they stepped into teenage it turned into attraction...the bond and love is more out of friendship rather than a husband-wife relationship....and also they are just 18-19 year olds....how many teens do we see being commited to each other for life? atleast I havent come across any ! it would be one of those rare cases where they are together for life...but the way they have portrayed Jagya in the show since childhood...he has always been a brat...now when he has moved to the city if he falls in love with another girl...and being an adult (18+)...I fell he has all the right to choose his life partner !! after all one cannot deny the fact that Anandi was not his choice...I see the so called commitment as a forced lifetime confinement in a relationship..which one cannot get out of...thats suffocating...specially when a person is now grown up and knows what he wants !!!  and showing how happy Ananid and Jagya are in life would be a totally wrong message if we talk about child marriages !! then for me the message would be look how strong the bond is between the couple, how committed they are and its all because they grew up together...I cant digest that fact !
anyways thats my pov...guess thats what makes this forum interesting different views on the same issue Smile no hard feelings...

But I agree on the fact that Jagya is turning out to be a snob and a lier..he needs to rectify his acts before the damage is done....he needs to pick one girl and stay true to her rather than playing with the life and feelings of two girls...

@Divmath - why should there be any hard feelings.............that is the fun of the Forum.

Now let me give you a very strange fact - all 9 of us that is 3 in my family and 6 who are children of my mother's brothers have all married the person we have known since we were teenagers. That did not stop our studies or further studies.........and then we got married but there you have it........That does not mean it works for everyone and I get your POV.

I just question that whilst showing the ills of a child marriage do we also show that it is easy to break a marriage during a difficult period of adjustment. I can digest it but I am not sure the channel will take that risk.

None of us knew our partners since we were 6WinkWink.............or else I will start feeling guilty.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathfunfananu rulz

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
@Aditi - wow thats really sweet..Smile ...

however in this show the scenario is a lil different, as I see it..here they are already "married" as per hindu customs (I dont know why not a single person complaints to the police against these people).....that too when they were 6 !!! so they dont have any choice what so ever !! which is sad...at least you in your case you got a chance to meet and know your life partner before tying the knot......but in BV its a different thing...here Jagya-Anandi were already married at such a young age and then they developed the feelings...there was no choice...but now that Jagya has seen the outside world..I feel he has realised what he has missed ! (just my prerogative, I am sure the CV's are depicting it in a wrong way in the show)....even I am against divorce and breaking of marriages...but I guess there are several other shows where they have to apply this theory and not show couples divorcing, marrying another person from the same family, living under the same roof...thats total bull Censored (pardon my language)...and in BV they are hell bent on showing how beautiful and happy a child marriage can be...which I for some reason cannot accept....I guess the channel is to be blamed here...where in some shows a marriage is true and the couple is committed for life they try to end that relationship...and in a show like BV where a relationship needs an end they try to make it strong !! I find that weird....

funfananu rulz

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 10:53am | IP Logged
ok my two cents..there are two issues according to me..one is the pitfalls of child marriage,like anandi dropping her studies,becoming sumitra part 2,not having a voice anymore..and another is the pure unadultrated massacre of jagya's character..it is one thing to get attracted to the girl of ur dreams when u meet her,another to disrespect the girl who widout complaint had once been ready to give up her life for u..if the track had revolved arnd jagya falling for gauri and feeling guilty or tied up wid anandi,i tihnk the audience (or atleast a part of it,like sum of us on the forum) wud have actually sympathised wid the character,coz hey,jagya is as much a victim of the child marriage tht anandi is..and the cvs dnt want tht..they needed to nichodo every ounce if sympathy for anandi alone so lets turn jagya into a snob..its a normal tactic of ALL the shows..cant justify the lead anymore (like here where most of us thot tht jagya falling for another girl in med school wud be karmic justice for anandi throwing away HER opportunity to do the same),so lets make the other character worse..and its a pure inconsistency of the script..
and vaise meri life ka commitment also happened when i was 19..6 yrs,still going strong even on a long distance relationship..these two are unable to make it coz their outlook to life has now become different..

Edited by anu rulz - 03 February 2011 at 10:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

divmathfunfangroucho

groucho IF-Rockerz
groucho
groucho

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

ok my two cents..there are two issues according to me..one is the pitfalls of child marriage,like anandi dropping her studies,becoming sumitra part 2,not having a voice anymore..and another is the pure unadultrated massacre of jagya's character..it is one thing to get attracted to the girl of ur dreams when u meet her,another to disrespect the girl who widout complaint had once been ready to give up her life for u..if the track had revolved arnd jagya falling for gauri and feeling guilty or tied up wid anandi,i tihnk the audience (or atleast a part of it,like sum of us on the forum) wud have actually sympathised wid the character,coz hey,jagya is as much a victim of the child marriage tht anandi is..and the cvs dnt want tht..they needed to nichodo every ounce if sympathy for anandi alone so lets turn jagya into a snob..its a normal tactic of ALL the shows..cant justify the lead anymore (like here where most of us thot tht jagya falling for another girl in med school wud be karmic justice for anandi throwing away HER opportunity to do the same),so lets make the other character worse..and its a pure inconsistency of the script..
and vaise meri life ka commitment also happened when i was 19..6 yrs,still going strong even on a long distance relationship..these two are unable to make it coz their outlook to life has now become different..

Very well put Anu, extremes, extremes.................are all the CV's of the serials in Colors related????
Or let me rephrase are most of the CV's in TV channels barring some  related????Confused
Confused

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

anu rulz

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:08am | IP Logged
aditiji am sure ALL cvs think in the same manner..till date i am yet to see a normal,sane,practical positive character..and am a TV addict since forever,so can vouch for a large number of shows..every single practical character who is not diabetically-sugary or a self sacrificing masochist is turned slowly to grey and soon to a negative one..and unfortunately,most of thm are atleast my favs in the beginning..jagya is just one of the many..

divmathfunfan

divmath Goldie
divmath
divmath

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by anu rulz

aditiji am sure ALL cvs think in the same manner..till date i am yet to see a normal,sane,practical positive character..and am a TV addict since forever,so can vouch for a large number of shows..every single practical character who is not diabetically-sugary or a self sacrificing masochist is turned slowly to grey and soon to a negative one..and unfortunately,most of thm are atleast my favs in the beginning..jagya is just one of the many..

Hai na....ek couple Suhaana-Ishaan LOLLOL the most weirdest, funny, outrageous...but  at the same time soo soo lovable...SGP is one show which is brimming with positivity ! (I know its stupid at times..but in a cute way)......and hence its my most fav show on Indian Television...

Edited by divmath - 05 February 2011 at 10:43am

funfananu rulz

anu rulz IF-Rockerz
anu rulz
anu rulz

Posted: 03 February 2011 at 11:22am | IP Logged
haan divya..SGP is the only saving grace of tv today..bt now its dragging way too much.first tht sona mona tona ruined it for me and i stopped watching..now tht she has left,the track has started dragging too much,,ab toh jokes and situations bhi repeat ho rahe hain bahut..same bajpai-kashyap jokes..well i will nt say more or else uma meri class legi for discussing other shows here..Wink

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

divmath

Go to top