Posted: 13 years ago
OMG How pathetic can people get? That's ridiculous!!

x x
Edited by .Lone_Persona. - 13 years ago

After reading Shahrukh's comments, I do feel bad for him. But as some members already mentioned, it's not just twitter,. Look at some of the comments posted on IF. There are two extremes- you have the celebrity worship and then there is the absurd hatred for some. Either way, it can be quite unhealthy. Nowadays people are using the internet as a way to abuse because they get kicks out of it...nothing new.

Of course people are entitled to express their opinions. We all have the right to like and dislike a celebrity because it comes down to personal choice. But there is a limit and a lot of people cross that. I personally fail to understand why some people get so abusive, like their lives depend on it. It's really hard to fathom. What can anyone possibly gain out of insulting someone- be it a celeb or non-celeb for that matter? There is a limit to everything.
Edited by Adhuri-Daastan - 13 years ago
I feel everyone, including celebs, joins social networking sites or forums or interactive sites in the hope of exploring something new and good. however, every netizen learns the hard way that there is a nasty side to the Internet too. that puts many people off, I think almost all of us have felt the urge to just quit this damn site called IF atleast once because of some or the other reason. so for someone like SRK, who doesn't belong to this generation and is not too familiar with how the Internet works, I think I understand where he's coming from. 
Originally posted by ladygaga

Internet just sux on the whole.. just about everyone has an opinion on everything.. incl me.. things get ripped apart badly.. there is hardly aything or anyone who is appreciated in bollywood.. bollywood bashing i think is like the biggest thing ever.. i don't even knwo how this industry even exists when no body likes any of the movies coming out of it.. awards are rigged.. etc etc..🤣
ditto! If they explored around internet more often they would know cowards making comments about them. it's sad though. but anyways, it's a culture. check youtube, when ever I click on a rap song: for the most part I see these comments the most. this shit is whack now, i still love this, etc etc. ugh. 
Awww I feel bad for him. It's one thing for him to handle the negativity but a whole different deal for his kids to do that...it must be really hard to have to explain why you get abused by senseless people for no reason at all.
seriously....when did the cocky witty fun srk turn into such a wimp?? i mean....stupid ppl will always exist..every celebrity on twitter faces such issues.....if u cant deal with them..quit twitter....why seem soo "whiny" and "complainy" in all the interviews and articles....Take it like a man yaar....Edited by smarie pants - 13 years ago
He just found out that he can get insulted on the web? Methinks he should actually google himself and then see what gaalis he can find😉

Every celebrity as haters as much as they have those fans who worship them; it's all part of the package deal. But if he doesn't want gaalis on his twitter page, then that's his decision to remove his page.
Originally posted by koolchick

He just found out that he can get insulted on the web? Methinks he should actually google himself and then see what gaalis he can find😉

Every celebrity as haters as much as they have those fans who worship them; it's all part of the package deal. But if he doesn't want gaalis on his twitter page, then that's his decision to remove his page.

hmmm that is true. Indeed it is part of the package. I guess celebs are used to being idolized  but they should also be prepared for the haters as well. Although I still don't get why people waste their time and energy over someone they despise so much. I guess these type of social networking sites are not for the faint hearted. So it's better to avoid it. As they say, ignorance is bliss!
yeh the celebs are soo used to the adoration and "oh im ur biggest fan" thing...that when they come on a platform like twitter where everyone can express their views...they get taken aback by the negativity and most of them cannot handle it....i agree some comments are extremely personal, rude and harsh....but then u dunt take such arguments seriously because obviously they were said in spite and hatred...and do not come from a sane mind, and hence, are not valid criticism........
heck u look at the female celebrities and the kind of vulgar and cheap comments they are subjected to, imagine how much more embarrassing it is for them to be on public sites?? especially when their family(husband/boyfriend/parents) come to know of such comments.....ive read some disgusting comments being passed to abhishek abt ash, then there are some filthy comments made on kareena, bipasha, priyanka, katrina etc...compared to them, wht srk is facing is trivial...
Originally posted by Adhuri-Daastan

hmmm that is true. Indeed it is part of the package. I guess celebs are used to being idolized  but they should also be prepared for the haters as well. Although I still don't get why people waste their time and energy over someone they despise so much. I guess these type of social networking sites are not for the faint hearted. So it's better to avoid it. As they say, ignorance is bliss!

My guess is that those people really don't have anything better to do