Debate Mansion

Is Extreme Parenting Effective? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 4

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 4

lalixlily

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Is Extreme Parenting Effective? (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Yep teen suicides are getting more common too. Parents and school should properly mould a child's character.
Adequate time should be spent with them; but they do need some breathing space.

hot babe

hot babe

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 3:45am | IP Logged

I think in most cases a balanced relationship between parents is lacking, of the people I know either their the parents are pushovers or extremely strict, I think its hard to find that balance. The again my parents put in a hell of alot of energy/focus/time into my education, yes i used to get the odd whack when I didn't behave or when I wasn't focusing but they didn't call me a failure- all they said is put in 100% and do your best, that's all we ask for.

But then again when I had a law exam in college and got full marks they threw me a party to let me know that they loved me and were proud of me.

Rant over- I think parents should push their children, but should teach them that failing from time to time isn't wrong, its human, and we should learn from it, you have to have tough love.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 18 January 2011 at 9:29am | IP Logged
I am not even a bit aware of what that means, I have never really had anything imposed on me. My mother taunts and shouts but both her and my father are extremely liberal.

I have seen few fashion victims in school, though who have real strict parents. And I realize, the more rules you are supposed to abide by - the more you look for ways to break free and do precisely the opposite. Most kids with strict parents are disasters! Twas a lil hypothetical, though.  Geek

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Bazingaa

Post Reply New Post

Go to top