Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
I Like her too :) 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Dreamygal301

Sidda8 IF-Rockerz
Sidda8
Sidda8

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Wonderful post Dreamy. At first, I didn't like Simple's character either. I thought she was this cocky, spoiled rich brat that gets everything she wanted. However, I started liking Simple when she told the Rai guys to make tea, the first time she visited the Rai household. She demonstrated that she was not as shallow as she looks on the outside, when she gave Mama Rai comfort and support. She has been another hand for Mama Rai, at the times of heart break and insult. Simple is a gift for Mama Rai, she is going to teach Mama Rai not to bow down to men and disallow them for stepping all over her. Simple is probably going to give Mama Rai a makeover. I can imagine her wearing this stylish saree and posing. Papa Rai will faint to see this change in his wife. In my opinion, Simple is the kind of  girl who accepts whatever she gets and learns to love and appreciate it. She began loving Jagat, once she knew that he will be her husband. She is going to teach him that a woman is not so cheap and stupid. We are very powerful individuals that can bring a change to the world if we are determined. I'm kind of a feminist and thus I support all movements that give women more respect and honour. Someday, the Rai men will learn to admire Simple for her intelligence and courage. A woman is the back-bone to a strong family. Females are necessary to start and maintain a family. We are capable of adapting to all situations. Bhauji, Arpita, and Simple have all demonstrated that they can deal with all situations regardless of the obstacles and difficulties. Simple possesses both of Bhauji's and Arpita's traits; she knows how to handle men and power in a household like Bhauji and she knows how to give affection and respect  to others like Arpita. The responsiblilty of a daughter in law in great in an Indian household. Arpita had shown the side of a good wife by supporting Avi. Simple will now perform the responsibility of a good daughter in law and protect Mama Rai from future pain and misery.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

super_boychista-sia-VistaaDreamygal301chatterbox-Prashu-

Vistaa IF-Rockerz
Vistaa
Vistaa

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dreamygal301

Originally posted by Vistaa

Good morning/evening everyoneSmile

OK, so I thought some moreBig smile(sometimes have to remind myself that it is a show) and here's the result:Smile I think (bears repeatingSmile) that Simple is a kind of misfit in Lallanpur society....decidedly different from your usual shrinking violet variety of girls, whose parents have little difficulty in finding a suitable groom for them at the going market rate of dahej (gosh, makes me want to puke even writing thisDead) She is smart, outspoken, very opinionated and not afraid to share her opinions with all. Definitely not "marriage material"(phrase courtesy Sasural Genda Phool)  in Lallanpur society. Her father probably was looking at huge premium added to the regular dahej amt when he was presented with the opportunity to foist her off to Rais, at no cost. She probably agreed because she is pragmatic and realises that this is the best shot she has. Plus, Jagat is not exactly ugly and appearances do matter. So, I think, she just made a practical decision, knowing that she could have done a lot worse. Plus, she has enough confidence in  her own abilities to turn the tide in her favour, so reaching this decision should not have been difficult for her.

Her sympathies for Mama Rai stem from her firm opposition to male chauvinism and her instinct to revolt against it, whenever she finds the opportunity. Much as I would like to also believe in your contention that this is a one sided lovestory in the making, no, I don't think there is any love lost between Simple and Jagat.

Does this make sense to anyone or am I just shooting in the dark?LOLLOL 

Vista, makes perfect sense. I like your theory but I still keep getting stuck at that point, why would an independed and fiesty girl let herself be meshed in this? why be pragmatic about it when she could do as she please? I don't buy this small town thing, not with her attitude and her father's...look at Rai, he does as he please...surely the fear of ostricisation would have had some rein on their behaviour!....as you say it is a story, after all for tv and maybe I should stop looking for real motivations.

I really wouldn't be surprised if later on we are given clues to why she agreed to this marriage because frankly, her own father is a selfish SOB who pushed her towards the Rai's....if he had been decent he would have tried to get her married to a family who would not want dahej (I understood many still want it and others don't??)....He is the chief Engineer, he could have searched elsewhere...in pecking order, he is well above the Rai's...Big smileLOL

One thing though, the lovestory whether already in motion or later on, won't be one sided. Nope, Jagat will fall like a ton of bricks. However, Simple will still ber sweet self (no matter how much in love!)....as for me, the reason I like to think there is love here is otherwise it is too sad to see such a woman wasted on such wastral!!AngryLOL

The last line I so agree withBig smile Wastrel indeed.

Dreamy, you really have to understand the society.......there are only two ways a girl can remain single in a small Indian town like Lallanpur. Either she excels academically, goes on to get some professional degree and gets a job, and then chooses not to marry. In other words, she is of independent means and does not have to rely on father/brother for support. Or, she is, and I hate to have to say this, not pretty, disabled in some way,  has acquired a bad reputation....her family is poor and unable to muster up the requisite dahej. Beyond these two situations, she has very few options.

When Simple's father first broaches the subject of marriage to Snake, notice his hesitation....he puts it euphemistically that his daughter is different..........my take is that he has been trying to get her married for some time now but her temper and attitude has gotten in the way.....so much so that despite the millions that her father would surely have offered, no family/man is ready to marry her. So when he found the opportunity to blackmail Snake, he knew what he had to do.

Simple is strong minded, proponent of naari shakti etc but not enough to make herself independent by education..........she still wants a husband with deep pockets who can afford her expensive habits. And ordering people around probably comes naturally to her, being the only child, and a spoilt one at that. (total conjecture on my part) I don't think even her mother has any real say in her upbringing.  She probably has a pretty song sense of entitlement, being a rich man's daughter. Plus, I don't think she has an iota of respect for all the men in her family ;husband, father and FIL (rightly so, if you ask me). That is why her frequent references to Avi........now here is a man who she can truly respect. And it doesn't hurt that he loves his wife like crazy.

To me, her decision to marry Jagat remains a cold, pragmatic choice. Didn't think they even had a SR. What I am trying to say using all these gazeleon wordsEmbarrassed is that fiesty and independent she may be, her options are still pretty limited. And I don't think she is the anti-marriage type........she wants to get married, just doesn't want all the subservience that often comes with it.

If this doesn't convince you, then shame on me  and I really need to work on my persuasion skills.LOLLOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

super_boychistatalkie14Dreamygal301chatterbox

talkie14 IF-Rockerz
talkie14
talkie14

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
All the write ups are so good..But I really am not able to figure out Simple as yet but I definitely realise that she's good at heart and I also feel she is in love with Jagat,why? I am not able to put a finger on it..Will comment more as the story develops..But she sure is a strong female character....

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

VistaaDreamygal301

chatterbox IF-Sizzlerz
chatterbox
chatterbox

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
wow what answers..

coming bck to ur post

if u see in fiction this character its intriguing. simple purpose cud be multifold..

as of nw she seems very level headed person. and she cant stand all that male superiority this way..

we saw this part of simple too that she did care that her husband respect remains intact.

it was on the first night

what goes in their bedroom remains inside. means not for world to knwo if they hv consummated or not.

but being a woman she is determined to raise mama rai standard or her condition and not let her be walkover..

in reality how long can a person be quiet and let ppl walk all over them.. at some point they do ans back and fight back..  arpi and mama rai didnt but arpi did to some extent and ans that she loves avdesh singh thakur. 

in many societys its aurat paaon ki jooti hoti hai

means women r to be used and misused and kept under feet ( mcps)

i recall dreamy had said in one of ur earlier posts that simple loves to be loved.

right now she may have taken a liking for jagat and she may love the idea of romance but she has seen another side of the men in rai family..

and as for her marriage  mayb its that only

she wants a family of her own
so as bahu or beti she does what she thinks is right..

future we wud see how her role develops

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chistaSidda8VistaaDreamygal301

MonyP IF-Rockerz
MonyP
MonyP

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  kya response hai, Wacko Bravo vista, sidda and everyone
What a wonderful analysis Dreamy.
Yes Simple's character seems to have different shades. As most of you mentioned, even I didn't like her in her intro. epi. I do enjoy her part and i like her for supporting mama Rai, however I am still reserving my opinion about Simpl beign a positve for Avita.. Not sure her feelings for Avita, especially for Avi but she gets quiet excited about Avi, even in her inro. epi she was more curious about Avi than her to be hubby. As you mentioned before Simple loves to be loved so Avita's unique love story is a reason for her excitement and she expects something similar from jagatwa.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

super_boy_nandiniSidda8VistaaDreamygal301

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Hi Vista,

Nothing wrong with your persuasive skills, it is that I tend to try to dig deep and look for things that might not even be there, especially in tv which is a medium that really depends on the screenplay to get the message out for each and every scene!

Liked your post, and on the whole somewhat agree with the assessment of Simple, but I still think there is more to her marriage than a cold blooded agreement!!Big smile 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

VistaaSidda8chatterbox

Dreamygal301 IF-Sizzlerz
Dreamygal301
Dreamygal301

Posted: 17 January 2011 at 12:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonyP

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo  kya response hai, Wacko Bravo vista, sidda and everyone
What a wonderful analysis Dreamy.
Yes Simple's character seems to have different shades. As most of you mentioned, even I didn't like her in her intro. epi. I do enjoy her part and i like her for supporting mama Rai, however I am still reserving my opinion about Simpl beign a positve for Avita.. Not sure her feelings for Avita, especially for Avi but she gets quiet excited about Avi, even in her inro. epi she was more curious about Avi than her to be hubby. As you mentioned before Simple loves to be loved so Avita's unique love story is a reason for her excitement and she expects something similar from jagatwa.

Hi Mony,Smile

I also mentioned earlier that to expect a love like Avita, she needs to change. At the moment this is doubtful, she almost expects love to be there just because she 'demands/ask' for it!....I don't know her enough yet but maybe she has not grasped the fact that love needs to be nurtured, it is a two way thing. Same with her demanding Chirag gives her respect, she does not seem to understand that this is earned as well!...So the more she pushes, the more they will rebel!LOL

I think overall, Simple has picked up on her father's attitude - some of it will help her in the Rai home (to keep the men on the leash!) but some of it will backfire on her. I guess she never heard of 'you catch more flies with honey'!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

super_boySidda8chatterbox

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Gunahon Ka Devta Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index