Today I was seeing old episodes of GHSP. i realised a few things. I hope this post is not too long.
1) Clearly old episodes were better scripted with better story and screenplay,. There was a vision of the storywriters. Editing was great and there was a beautiful flow to the story.
True but the show often tends to verve according to the actors' dates and schedules ya.
i agree that story can verve according to actors dates and schedules. However, editing, script and creativity should not be affected by this. Currently GC/DD are working full time but the editors are not doing a good job.
2) Clearly the show took off with the amazing performance by GC/DD which they are continuing to do despite the lack in cohesive storyline/screenplay and editing.
Yeah so agree babe.....so agreee....there are times when I can't take my eyes off Drashti cuz she emotes so well.
You mentioned Dhrashti alone here. I am a fan of both and I think they are both as good and complement each other. I do not think that one is superior to the other. Each scene between GC/DD will not be extraordinary if both were not at par.
3) There was a recent quiz on starone where the question was that who was maan looking for in HP. In one of the episodes there is a conversation between Maan and munshiji where maan says it has been years since I have been searching for this person and Munshi says, you have tried your best for years to find this person. Based on this it could not have been Dev because as per storyline, he had thrown dev out just a month ago or so along with his younger brother vicky. I feel that he was looking for someone very close to him all these years perhaps like his mom or dad who may have left the family.
Yeahhhhh man, what happened..so wanted to see that Vicky-Dev-Maan track. ...bet they LOST track of Vicky...or rather the guy who plays it.
This I agree with
4) In another episode NT is talking to that other sister Kamya. NT is worried that geet will track them down in canada since she made a phone call. Kamya tells her not to worry as they will have money after selling geet's jewellry and land. and they always have lived on bade Veerji. NT clearly says that we will always be dependent on Vade veerji (Maan) as he is the sole Waaris of the property. This clearly says that Maan was the only true khurana heir. Even if you see dadi her attachment to Maan is way beyond to any other sibling. So it was implied that Dev, Vicki, kamya were all step siblings. That is why the right to property was only maan's. This would even make sense if a lot of the property was through maan's mother. That is why also maan had the power to throw all of them out of the house which was in his name
Property hassles n more of step-siblings is too K-Ektas-sih. Nope...I don't think Nissar will ever think like that.....I have a feeling it's more of Maan 's property cuz he's the one who's built up the Khurana empire singlehandedly. Remember, in one epi Dadi said that she too used to go to the office n do all this work...it seems like Maan's parents were out of the picture and maan has learnt the ropes of Business thru Daadi, which is why they're so attached to each other. Plus, I feel he's the only one who put in hard work in the building of the business so he alone has a claim over it.....anyways, it sounds more like the MSK we know.....more like his character. Dev must've been the happy-go-lucky careless party-all-nite types.
Well this point of mine is based on what they showed in the beginning. It was said that Khuranas were "khandani rich" . So that means they been rich for several generations with property being handed down. Dadi handling the business likely meant that her son for some reason was not there to do so. She further bulit up the khurana propert and then Maan took over. So even though maan bulit the property more, he had to inherit the property.
Also Dev's mother called Maan "chhoye Sahab" just like munshi ji and the servants in the house. Several episodes have shown this. So she being the mom of Dev, cannot be maan's mom. Why would a real mother address her son so formally? So Dev and Maan have to be step siblings. I do not think that this is so Ekta-ish. In addition, if they were real brothers, why was the property nt inherited equally among all siblngs. That too has been mentioned esp by NT that dev owns nothing. Even if Maan bulit up the property by his hardwork, the paternal property has to be euqally divided between. that is a law in India.
5) it is possible that what the CVs had in mind was to show that maan's parents may not have had a happy marriage. maybe maan's mother left the house after his birth. maybe he has been looking for her. In the meantime, maan's father had a relationship with the woman who was maan's nanny and fathered all these other children. I wish Cvs had followed this storyline.
Again...step children is too old-ish a track... can't picture Nissar following a track as such. it's gotta be something more meaningful....and more in depth. Woh NIssar-ian touch nahi iss main. A real reason why that person left home n Maan of all people was looking for him/her.
They need to build up on that...lets keep reminding CVs.
What else can it to be that is so important a person that maan has been lookinh for him/her for years? It will hard find anything more meaningful than one of his parents. eg what if his father left the house therefore dadi had to look after Man and the business
6) then clearly he was ditched by sam perhaps in an arranged marriage by his dadi. All this could have turned him against women in general....
I think Sam must've cheated on him n was only in it for money....arranged marriage se itna gussa nahi aata...it's got to be a betrayal. trust me!
That I agree on. However, the reason I mentioned that it has to arranged is because it has been shown that Maan experience real love only with Geet. Therefore, i cannot think of him being in love with Sam before. If they have to keep MSK character intact, they cannot show a true love angle between him and Sam
7) Everyone was scared of MSK. I wish they had maintained that. Because in one statement he says that it is impossible to fool Maan singh Khurana. Now everyone is trying to destroying him and CVs are destroying MSK. I feel bad for GC who raised the graph of this character
On the contrary, I think it shows that now the indomitable Maan Singh Khurana has a kamzori. His vulnerable side was opened up and he's more open to the world after Geet entered his life...he's more sensitive n more emotional n only thinks of his love....being emotional does make a practical person go weak at times and i think the CVs are doing a brilliant job in this track. ...proved by Yday's promise that Geet took frm him.
I also agree that love and emotion can change a person. However, not the intelligence and the way he deals with other people in general. He will still be aggressive with people that he does not trust such as NT/Arjun/Dev etc. CVS have been unable to come up with ideas of what MSK can do with NT. The idea of court restriction was good. I just think CVS are not savvy enough and I can give them few.
eg If I was the CV, Maan would not have withdrawn the charges against NT because they were put by Geet not by Maan. So when arjun asked, MSK would have said it is not me but someone. Now we can say that he did not take geet's name to protect her but as far as geet is concerned she would not have taken the charges away. also I would have made MSK force the shares from NT by proving that she did fraud, not by just accepting it from Arjun. It just seems that CVs do nto research the legal aspects as well as medical aspects.
8) the best phase of GHSP was the time when geet comes to maan's office leading to the outhouse stay, pari entry leading to false engagement. I will still say that the part where there is misunderstanding bewteen maan and geet and their reconciliation was all beautifully done
Yep without a doubt. I still go back to those episodes to watch it.....all of those were heartbreakingly perfect!
even the fight showed Geet's true nature n her fighting-never-say-die spirit...it's the very essence of the show...the meaning of it all...why Geet is Parayi frm all..as in, Different from all. Because she's the main protaganist...even before Maan. It's bcoz of her that Maan changed and how he too beautifully complimented her as a life partner.
9) If they had to introduce another sibling, they should have introduced vicki and perhaps a sister of NT, who could trap vicki in love. Annie was not required based on the original story and to keep it realistic
I agree but they probably had to build up quickly for the 6 days a wk story so in cropped silly annie....new actors probably cum cheap...I dunno...just saying.
Even then they could have quickly brought in a new actor to play vicki. That would make more sense.
However, now the CVs do not know where to take the serial. I wish when these CVs start a serial they remain loyal to it and stick with it. I wish they would leave only after completing the story. Even if there is a necessity for change , these people should sit and watch old episdes to see what made the story successful and what was the original vision of the storywriter and director.
I agree that they need to go back...but it happens in a daily soap u know...DMG too had such speed bumps...it couldn't be helped. But i do hope they fix it n get back to the old spirit. Love maneet...wud die outta desperation for them...Love DD more. she's the reason I'm addicted to Geet...at times I just see her acting all sober n shy n sweet n then think of her actual character n her being Musky, n laugh out loud or swell in pride cuz she's doign such a gr8 job.
I love both GC/DD but I do like GC more.
I love this serial and I am a total fan of GC/DD (maneet) and I will stick to the end. But I wish i could reach to the CVs and tell them where they are going wrong
What happened to Deveera ya...the article said that Dev had to shoot for the last scenes in the show. I hope they get him in explaining to arjun what NT did...if they have to do away with the character, atleast let them show him in a good light when he does go. Plus I miss Abhinav, ya.
......And, there isn't proper editing thanks to the 6 day schedule. no proper time, i guess. what a shame ya.
If abhinav had to leave, I think they should have introduced another actot to play dev just like they did for dadi. Everyone was upset when dadi was changed but now this actress is liked by everyone. Similarly they have gotten another actor to play Dev because he is so central to the story. Just my opinion
Sorry for the long post but after watching these posts i was getting nostalgic. I will appreciate peoples comments.
Kay that was a dhaansu post ya. Loved it. hear hear....to the CVs, i.e.
Hope I made sense.
Thanks for your input. i have put my thoughts in blue