Today I was seeing old episodes of GHSP. i realised a few things. I hope this post is not too long.
1) Clearly old episodes were better scripted with better story and screenplay,. There was a vision of the storywriters. Editing was great and there was a beautiful flow to the story.
True but the show often tends to verve according to the actors' dates and schedules ya.
2) Clearly the show took off with the amazing performance by GC/DD which they are continuing to do despite the lack in cohesive storyline/screenplay and editing.
Yeah so agree babe.....so agreee....there are times when I can't take my eyes off Drashti cuz she emotes so well.
3) There was a recent quiz on starone where the question was that who was maan looking for in HP. In one of the episodes there is a conversation between Maan and munshiji where maan says it has been years since I have been searching for this person and Munshi says, you have tried your best for years to find this person. Based on this it could not have been Dev because as per storyline, he had thrown dev out just a month ago or so along with his younger brother vicky. I feel that he was looking for someone very close to him all these years perhaps like his mom or dad who may have left the family.
Yeahhhhh man, what happened..so wanted to see that Vicky-Dev-Maan track. ...bet they LOST track of Vicky...or rather the guy who plays it.
4) In another episode NT is talking to that other sister Kamya. NT is worried that geet will track them down in canada since she made a phone call. Kamya tells her not to worry as they will have money after selling geet's jewellry and land. and they always have lived on bade Veerji. NT clearly says that we will always be dependent on Vade veerji (Maan) as he is the sole Waaris of the property. This clearly says that Maan was the only true khurana heir. Even if you see dadi her attachment to Maan is way beyond to any other sibling. So it was implied that Dev, Vicki, kamya were all step siblings. That is why the right to property was only maan's. This would even make sense if a lot of the property was through maan's mother. That is why also maan had the power to throw all of them out of the house which was in his name
Property hassles n more of step-siblings is too K-Ektas-sih. Nope...I don't think Nissar will ever think like that.....I have a feeling it's more of Maan 's property cuz he's the one who's built up the Khurana empire singlehandedly. Remember, in one epi Dadi said that she too used to go to the office n do all this work...it seems like Maan's parents were out of the picture and maan has learnt the ropes of Business thru Daadi, which is why they're so attached to each other. Plus, I feel he's the only one who put in hard work in the building of the business so he alone has a claim over it.....anyways, it sounds more like the MSK we know.....more like his character. Dev must've been the happy-go-lucky careless party-all-nite types.
5) it is possible that what the CVs had in mind was to show that maan's parents may not have had a happy marriage. maybe maan's mother left the house after his birth. maybe he has been looking for her. In the meantime, maan's father had a relationship with the woman who was maan's nanny and fathered all these other children. I wish Cvs had followed this storyline.
Again...step children is too old-ish a track... can't picture Nissar following a track as such. it's gotta be something more meaningful....and more in depth. Woh NIssar-ian touch nahi iss main. A real reason why that person left home n Maan of all people was looking for him/her.
They need to build up on that...lets keep reminding CVs.
6) then clearly he was ditched by sam perhaps in an arranged marriage by his dadi. All this could have turned him against women in general....
I think Sam must've cheated on him n was only in it for money....arranged marriage se itna gussa nahi aata...it's got to be a betrayal. trust me!
7) Everyone was scared of MSK. I wish they had maintained that. Because in one statement he says that it is impossible to fool Maan singh Khurana. Now everyone is trying to destroying him and CVs are destroying MSK. I feel bad for GC who raised the graph of this character
On the contrary, I think it shows that now the indomitable Maan Singh Khurana has a kamzori. His vulnerable side was opened up and he's more open to the world after Geet entered his life...he's more sensitive n more emotional n only thinks of his love....being emotional does make a practical person go weak at times and i think the CVs are doing a brilliant job in this track. ...proved by Yday's promise that Geet took frm him.
8) the best phase of GHSP was the time when geet comes to maan's office leading to the outhouse stay, pari entry leading to false engagement. I will still say that the part where there is misunderstanding bewteen maan and geet and their reconciliation was all beautifully done
Yep without a doubt. I still go back to those episodes to watch it.....all of those were heartbreakingly perfect!
even the fight showed Geet's true nature n her fighting-never-say-die spirit...it's the very essence of the show...the meaning of it all...why Geet is Parayi frm all..as in, Different from all. Because she's the main protaganist...even before Maan. It's bcoz of her that Maan changed and how he too beautifully complimented her as a life partner.
9) If they had to introduce another sibling, they should have introduced vicki and perhaps a sister of NT, who could trap vicki in love. Annie was not required based on the original story and to keep it realistic
I agree but they probably had to build up quickly for the 6 days a wk story so in cropped silly annie....new actors probably cum cheap...I dunno...just saying.
However, now the CVs do not know where to take the serial. I wish when these CVs start a serial they remain loyal to it and stick with it. I wish they would leave only after completing the story. Even if there is a necessity for change , these people should sit and watch old episdes to see what made the story successful and what was the original vision of the storywriter and director.
I agree that they need to go back...but it happens in a daily soap u know...DMG too had such speed bumps...it couldn't be helped. But i do hope they fix it n get back to the old spirit. Love maneet...wud die outta desperation for them...Love DD more. she's the reason I'm addicted to Geet...at times I just see her acting all sober n shy n sweet n then think of her actual character n her being Musky, n laugh out loud or swell in pride cuz she's doign such a gr8 job.
I love this serial and I am a total fan of GC/DD (maneet) and I will stick to the end. But I wish i could reach to the CVs and tell them where they are going wrong
What happened to Deveera ya...the article said that Dev had to shoot for the last scenes in the show. I hope they get him in explaining to arjun what NT did...if they have to do away with the character, atleast let them show him in a good light when he does go. Plus I miss Abhinav, ya.
......And, there isn't proper editing thanks to the 6 day schedule. no proper time, i guess. what a shame ya.
Sorry for the long post but after watching these posts i was getting nostalgic. I will appreciate peoples comments.
Kay that was a dhaansu post ya. Loved it. hear hear....to the CVs, i.e.
Hope I made sense.