Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

who in UK was annoyed? (Page 2)

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 6:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetysumaiya

YEH BUT THEN WHY DONT OTHER CHANNELS AND DRAMA U GET ME DUDE? ..YEH SUM1 SAID STAR ONE GOTTA PAY FOR IT..so in Uk we pay for star one n star plus.. so they make money.. so why dnt they do it.. just pay the copyright people..
and like NDTV imagine is a FREE channel.. and they show song sequences... and dnt cut it out... u get me?

Star One isn't free to all. It comes with a certain package with Sky but yes, you do not have to pay extra for it like B4U movies or Zee TV. It's very annoying to see none of the songs being played and only recently I realised that this happens in a lot of Star One shows and not just Geet. Whatever the issue is, I hope they sort it out soon because this way more and more people will start following the show online which will bring down the TRP's even more.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Maaneet.Lover

Maaneet.Lover IF-Rockerz

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:12am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
neelamra Senior Member
neelamra
neelamra

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:33am | IP Logged
people should write it on facebook and really get angry about it cuz in the next couple of days its songs songs songs and  the uk/us viewers are going to get MAAAAHHHHIIIII!!!
palmbeach1238 Senior Member
palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 7:53am | IP Logged

Ya.....I'm getting really pissed by all this!  To tell the truth.....they are treating us like this because they don't care about their overseas viewers.  Our TRPs don't count...so they treat us like 2nd class citizens.

I have a good mind to start up a campagin in the UK by advertising in all the national and indian newspapers we have here....and expose this 2nd class treatment to the viewers in the UK.  Star One and Star Plus are part of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.  I am sure he will be pleased with all the negative publicity he will be getting....especially as he is trying to take full control of BSkyB here in the UK..... but his intention to takeover the company has been referred to the Monopolies Commission here in the UK. 

To tell the truth....most viewers who watch here are not aware of the difference in how these channels treat their overseas viewers.  We pay hefty subscription rates for these channels....five times more than viewers in India.  We really need to advertise these matters and expose them.

BTW - we have many wonderful UK and US shows on our TV....why do we watch these indian shows where it is obvious that the producers and channels don't show us any respect by treating us like 2nd class citizens.

hindu4lyf IF-Rockerz
hindu4lyf
hindu4lyf

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 8:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by palmbeach1238

Ya.....I'm getting really pissed by all this!  To tell the truth.....they are treating us like this because they don't care about their overseas viewers.  Our TRPs don't count...so they treat us like 2nd class citizens.

I have a good mind to start up a campagin in the UK by advertising in all the national and indian newspapers we have here....and expose this 2nd class treatment to the viewers in the UK.  Star One and Star Plus are part of Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation.  I am sure he will be pleased with all the negative publicity he will be getting....especially as he is trying to take full control of BSkyB here in the UK..... but his intention to takeover the company has been referred to the Monopolies Commission here in the UK. 

To tell the truth....most viewers who watch here are not aware of the difference in how these channels treat their overseas viewers.  We pay hefty subscription rates for these channels....five times more than viewers in India.  We really need to advertise these matters and expose them.

BTW - we have many wonderful UK and US shows on our TV....why do we watch these indian shows where it is obvious that the producers and channels don't show us any respect by treating us like 2nd class citizens.

You can start up an advertising campaign but advertising isn't cheap-not here nor in India. 
Let's not forget that Star TV Asia does not just consist of Star One, Star Plus, Star News, Star Gold, Star Utsav etc but it also consists of channels like ESPN Asia, Asianet, Phoenix Chinese, Star Chinese etc. It's true that overseas viewership doesn't contribute to the TRP ratings but they cannot afford to lose viewers because let's not forget there are sponsors of the show too. If they feel that the viewership has decreased then they can stop sponsoring the show. 

I watch a mix of UK shows, American shows and well Geet is the only Indian show I am currently watching. The best of three worlds!Tongue

On a side note, I hope that Rupert Murdoch is unsuccessful in his aim to takeover BSkyB and that the Competition Commission do not allow for this to happen.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

palmbeach1238

palak13 Goldie
palak13
palak13

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:01am | IP Logged
exactly like yesterday i was watching the episode and then it said coming up it showed  geet and maan gone dance on ajja mahi we from kal ho na ho but instead i hear in the back ground MAHI!! i dont know y thats happening in the uk it really piss taking they need to sort this out i was like pissed ok i do love it when its mahi! but i alos wanted them to play the songs so instead i had to watch it on the computer like once in dmg and mjht it happend the same u can here another tune in the background really piss taking 
palmbeach1238 Senior Member
palmbeach1238
palmbeach1238

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by palmbeach1238

You can start up an advertising campaign but advertising isn't cheap-not here nor in India. 
Let's not forget that Star TV Asia does not just consist of Star One, Star Plus, Star News, Star Gold, Star Utsav etc but it also consists of channels like ESPN Asia, Asianet, Phoenix Chinese, Star Chinese etc. It's true that overseas viewership doesn't contribute to the TRP ratings but they cannot afford to lose viewers because let's not forget there are sponsors of the show too. If they feel that the viewership has decreased then they can stop sponsoring the show. 

I watch a mix of UK shows, American shows and well Geet is the only Indian show I am currently watching. The best of three worlds!Tongue

On a side note, I hope that Rupert Murdoch is unsuccessful in his aim to takeover BSkyB and that the Competition Commission do not allow for this to happen.

Yep....me too!  I am in UK and Geet is the only Indian show I am watching.....can't stand all the others at all.  Dead 

Advertising is expensive....but wouldn't it be "rough justice" if we used Rupert Murdoch's own vehicles...like The Times, Sunday Times, News World, The Sun and Sky News to diss one of his own companies. Ouch 

But....I have become a bit disillusioned with even this one show that I am watching now.....especially with all the movie songs being edited out and replaced by the screaming MAAAAHHHIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!  Angry  

True....Star Corp includes all the others....but I am not concerned about the others.  All I am asking for is just some parity in treatment with viewers in India.

In reality....the royalties involved in using these songs (especially indian songs) is not as astranomical as the production house and Star One make it seem.  I know...I have dealt with royalties and residual payments to other International artists and organizations on copyrighted material.  These Star people are only cutting costs in order to make more profit. 

Being part of the huge News Corporation....what kind of image are they projecting.....when they can't even be bothered to pay these small amounts required in order to have the right to use....not even the complete song....but part of a song.....in a one or two minute segment of the episode.  Ouch

red135b Senior Member
red135b
red135b

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 10:14am | IP Logged
I know what  you mean. But in a way I cheat I watch it on you tube lmao.

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index