Mind over matter ? Works for you? - Page 5

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by Summer3

Yep I look at it this way.

Whatever the Body can do let it do
If it cannot do it then pass the problem to the mind
If it cannot do it then pass the problem to the spirit (God, Guru, Soul , whatever)

But we can also seek the help of other Bodies, Minds and Spirits.

Well, the ultimate teacher happens to be life itself, right? So I think as we go, we are at times needful to let just things be and we'd resolve the entire things ourselves. I kind of still strongly believe that your own mind knows whats best for you, and people know what they're doing! Best thing is to listen to your mind, it is only capable of calculating the complexity of a situation and trigger the go getter instinct in all of us. Not anybody else, especially never our consciences!
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Well, the ultimate teacher happens to be life itself, right? So I think as we go, we are at times needful to let just things be and we'd resolve the entire things ourselves. I kind of still strongly believe that your own mind knows whats best for you, and people know what they're doing! Best thing is to listen to your mind, it is only capable of calculating the complexity of a situation and trigger the go getter instinct in all of us. Not anybody else, especially never our consciences!

Yes our own experience helps or we consult someone who is experienced.

The mind is often restless and can think many random thoughts. The conscience acts as a guide 
^^ In my case, it confuses me like crazy. So, thats why I say so!

^^ In my case, it confuses me like crazy. So, thats why I say so!
Its the thoughts that confuse but the conscience says only one thing. The mind may not agree to  the conscience, hence the confusion
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

<div></div>Its the thoughts that confuse but the conscience says only one thing. The mind may not agree to the conscience, hence the confusion

Often in facing a situation I ask "What is the real truth behind all this?"
I ignore my personal emotion and preferences cause I know it is biased. The Ego Monster in us is hard to control when provoked so just gotta watch it.
Many things influences our thoughts.
I loved Lord Buddha's emphasis "Right Thinking, Right Understanding"
We graduate from a lower truth to a higher truth from the individual to the group.
At times some mantras or prayers too help; these days YouTube is a great help. Just love it,
Originally posted by blue-ice

MIND
------------
MATTER

Mathematically, a mind can never be divided by matter by a quotient and leave a remainder. Unless and until the mind becomes the brain which is split by a stone (matter) into two halves (quotient) leaving no dregs and fragments (remainder).

Scientifically relating this aspect to the quantum theory where every physically activity has its mental relevance and vise versa. Like every part of a magnet has its own potential pair of north and south poles overlapping each other. So is a human mind having its mental pole and physical pole at every instance of thought. We cannot reduce one pole to a mere function or an aspect of the other, likewise the mind can never gain control over matter or ever think to draw water from a glass to one's mouth without having to physically perform the process.

Logically, the mind is never over matter !

A mind that is fully engaged in some good work has no time for mischief.
I believe in the statement that "An idle mind is the workshop of a Devil"
The mind is a pretty ingenious and verstalite piece of work that allows each individual to think and act independently.
But I think it is the mind that connects the spirit to the physical world and without the mind we lose contact with this physical reality.