Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Rani - "I am a non-controversial person"

Posted: 13 years ago
Ok, my last few topics bit the dust.  😭  I am hoping this one evokes some interest.  It is Rani's latest interview from Glamsham.com.  Please read and enjoy, post your comments.  I think it is a good and honest interview.  😊

'I am a non-controversial person'

After almost a year-long hiatus, Rani Mukherjee is back with her new film NO ONE KILLED JESSICA. The actor chats up with our correspondent about playing a journalist and marriage.

view NO ONE KILLED JESSICA videos

view NO ONE KILLED JESSICA videos

In NO ONE KILLED JESSICA, you are playing a journo who helps the Lall family to get justice. How far was your character fictionalized?
While narrating the script, my director Raj Kumar Gupta told me that there was no one particular reporter, but 10-12 reporters who were handling the Jessica Lall murder case. But since it's a film, there was not so much screen-time to fit in all characters. So he created my character amalgamating contributions of all the 10-12 reporters in that case.

How was it playing a journalist?
As we all know, particularly in this Jessica Lall case, media played a crucial role. It was the first time when the media showed that if it uses its power in a proper way then they can actually shake the judicial system of our country, And I think, it's very, very important for this movie to work. I am very much in awe of the role the media played and feel lucky to get a chance to represent you all...it's a very difficult job, especially for women.

Are you sending out a message through the film?
You have to watch the film to know if we are sending out any message or not. But all of us made sure that the film doesn't become a docu-drama, because cinema is a medium to entertain people.

We see you in very less films these days. Have you gone too choosy about scripts?
I approach a film as an actor. Before signing a film, it is very important for me to know if the makers have talked to concerned people and done their research. I don't want to land up in controversies because of my films. I am a non-controversial person and like to stay away from any kind of controversy.

You have so many filmmaker-friends like Karan Johan and Aditya Chopra...
I don't understand why should people equate friendship with work? Be it Karan Johan or Aditya Chopra or Sanjay Leela Bhansali or Raju Hirani, a director chooses his actor depending if he/she actually fits the role. One doesn't make friends because you have worked with the person or expect him to cast you in all his films. I have friends from school. I didn't make friends with them because they will give me work in future.

Okay, let's talk about lighter things. When was the last time you walked down the road at any place?
When I was shooting for NO ONE KILLED JESSICA in Delhi. On my off days, I used to walk down to Khan Market. There are lovely shops, the ambience is European, and the food is excellent.

That must have caused a stampede there?
No, no. There were people staring at me. But neither there was a stampede, nor did I have to call someone to rescue me and run away in my car.

When are you getting married?
I feel very happy when people ask me about marriage. But as of now, neither I am getting married, nor engaged. I will tell everybody when I get married.

Really?
Seriously. All my audience, fans, well-wishers, who have supported me, blessed me for so many years, have the right to at least know when I get married. And I will tell them myself, trust me. So till then, don't believe what your sources say (laughs).

- Sreya Basu, TWF, Glamsham Editorial
Edited by eroticlover - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I agree with her. She's non-controversial. But media does spoil her mood by making thousands of articles about her getting married to adi, breaking up with him and just lots of stuff about them
Hopefully Rani will be back with lots of movies with srk, saif and aamir. I know she's doing a movie with aamir
Originally posted by: Terenaina

I agree with her. She's non-controversial. But media does spoil her mood by making thousands of articles about her getting married to adi, breaking up with him and just lots of stuff about them

Hopefully Rani will be back with lots of movies with srk, saif and aamir. I know she's doing a movie with aamir

Thank you for posting terenaina.  I seriously thought my topics were not generating much interest.  Rani sounds very honest and real in this interview.  I feel bad for her, but No One Killed Jessica has gotten her career back on track.  Now she has that Aamir Khan film coming up as well.  I think she is taking it slow and wants to do selective work, but that's ok.  Let's see what kind of comeback she makes in the next year.  😉
Terenaina thumbnail
Yes no one killed jessica was appreciated. I can't wait to see her with Aamir. WOW so long. The first movie that she was in was with him. She had a special appearance in it
Originally posted by: Terenaina

Yes no one killed jessica was appreciated. I can't wait to see her with Aamir. WOW so long. The first movie that she was in was with him. She had a special appearance in it

Ghulam?  She had a good role in that film, but Mangal Pandey wasn't that good.  She was wasted and did not get much scope.  😉
Terenaina thumbnail
I didn't watch mangal pandey but I loved the song rani dance to
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwUimz_s_dI[/YOUTUBE]
Terenaina thumbnail
for some reason, I thought this was the first movie rani did...the special appearance in a song with aamir
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQvHylgbhwo[/YOUTUBE]
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Rani must be annoyed about this marriage question. I myself get frustrated when the media always asks her this question. Why are they so interested in her marriage. Are they hinting that she is getting old and she should marry or that she is not popular anymore and should settle down? It gets me so mad.
Originally posted by: lensahunte08

Rani must be annoyed about this marriage question. I myself get frustrated when the media always asks her this question. Why are they so interested in her marriage. Are they hinting that she is getting old and she should marry or that she is not popular anymore and should settle down? It gets me so mad.

😆 Wow, you sound so protective.  I find it cute.  Anyway, women have proved they can work past 30 now.  So, who cares if she doesn't settle down?  Look at Preity, she is not even married yet!  😊
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: eroticlover

😆 Wow, you sound so protective.  I find it cute.  Anyway, women have proved they can work past 30 now.  So, who cares if she doesn't settle down?  Look at Preity, she is not even married yet!  😊

It just frustrates me you know. It's a women thing I guess lol.