Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

Awards don't matter much to me: Kareena Kapoor (Page 2)

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sheee

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by chocolover89

So does that mean that she won't accept the award when she wins it next? Because it will be hypocritical to say awards are a joke and then to take it when she wins..

Atleast Aamir consistently boycotts the Indian awards like Zee, Filmfare, IIFA, Apsara, Star Screen, etc..

I think she is just talking about current status. Like that the awards told her to attend the award and maybe said they will give her something if she attends. Like maybe entertainer of the year or the crappy stuff they make up to satisfy the celebs for Golmaal 3 maybe.  And she is saying she refused it because she didn't believe it was worthy to attend for Golmaal 3. That's what am getting from her interview. She also talks about she rather go to vacation than attend an award where it seems like a joke. She recently went to Switzerland for vacation.

Edited by lensahunte08 - 15 January 2011 at 2:50pm

sheee

smilecheese IF-Dazzler
smilecheese
smilecheese

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:48pm | IP Logged
But why are these stars always the first one to be at the awards when they are winning them then? She wasn't complaining when she won for Jab We Met... If she stays consistent with "awards don't matter much" for the next few years, maybe then I will believe her. 

I think only Aamir and Salman are allowed to say things like this because they have been very consistent towards their feelings for them. Even though Salman doesn't believe in awards, he attends and performs in them and refuses to go on stage to get his award...

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusglitterspavs-Anjaani-koolchickDexterkichokriOzymandiaschocogurl

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Pari.K

But why are these stars always the first one to be at the awards when they are winning them then? She wasn't complaining when she won for Jab We Met... If she stays consistent with "awards don't matter much" for the next few years, maybe then I will believe her. 

I think only Aamir and Salman are allowed to say things like this because they have been very consistent towards their feelings for them. Even though Salman doesn't believe in awards, he attends and performs in them and refuses to go on stage to get his award...

Because she deserves it for Jab We Met. And Amir I think is only mad because SRK gets more awards than him LOL

sheee

smilecheese IF-Dazzler
smilecheese
smilecheese

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lensahunte08

Because she deserves it for Jab We Met. And Amir I think is only mad because SRK gets more awards than him LOL

I agree that she totally deserved it for Jab We Met but I also think she thought she deserved something for Kurbaan/WAF and since she isn't getting it...she is against them now? 

-Anjaani-

Dastaan23 Goldie

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:59pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by lensahunte08

I agree that she totally deserved it for Jab We Met but I also think she thought she deserved something for Kurbaan/WAF and since she isn't getting it...she is against them now? 

She did get something for Kurbaan. And isn't how every celeb is who speak against these awards. Emraan thinks he deserves it for Once Upon...and he didn't get it. SO now he is speaking. Also Abhay deol only spoke when he didn't get anything for Dev D.  And I think she is trying to say the awards told her to attend and they will give her something and that's why she thinks it's a joke. So she basically refused to attend and get an award she thought she didn't deserve.

sheee

smilecheese IF-Dazzler
smilecheese
smilecheese

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
There is no point in debating this right now, only the next few years will tell how serious Kareena is about this statement. It all depends on her reactions when she wins an award. 

glitters

Go to top