India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Awards don't matter much to me: Kareena Kapoor

zoyah Goldie
zoyah
zoyah

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:25pm | IP Logged
Actress Kareena Kapoor says she prefers to be on holiday with friends and in Switzerland during the award season here as awards don't matter much to her since they are mostly offered to undeserving candidates.

"Awards doesn't matter much to me. Lot of award functions requested me to attend them but I chose to go to Switzerland because that's the only time in the year that I get to spend with my family and loved ones," Kareena told reporters after the launch of her dietician Rujuta Diwekar's book
"Women and the Weight Loss Tamasha" at Taj Lands End Hotel here Saturday.

Asked if she believes that the awards are rigged, she said: "I am not sure but it's seems so because who don't attend, their names are never declared in award ceremonies. Those who don't deserve, they get the awards and those who deserve, they land up enjoying pizzas at home."

Kareena has written a chapter in Rujuta's book on her request.

"When Rujuta asked me to write something for her book, first I thought that I am not a professional writer, but then why don't I just write something so that when readers read it, they get to know more about Kareena Kapoor. What is her basic, genuine kind of nature comes out across from the chapter because I have written it straight from the heart," she said.

Kareena is set to start shooting for "Bodyguard" Sunday where she plays the female lead opposite Salman Khan.

"Tomorrow (Sunday) I am going to start shooting 'Bodyguard'. It's a remake of a South Indian film. I think there the girl's character is very performance oriented so they approached me," said Kareena.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

scorpio95NuktaacheensheeeMeena1wida

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sheeewida

ladygaga IF-Dazzler
ladygaga
ladygaga

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:30pm | IP Logged
I think out and out commercial actresses like Kareena should not take jibes at these awards, coz they themselves have gone on to attend these ceremonies.. and taken awards. What about last year when in IIFA when she shared the best actress award with Vidya balan, a lot of people did not think she deserved it for 3 idiots. Yes bollywood awards are highly dysfunctional but i would rather hear the likes of Abhay deol and Emraan crib about it.. not Kareena kapoor or priyanka chopra.

Edited by ladygaga - 15 January 2011 at 2:31pm

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

Felsbar20tulsi003hedwig_fawkesVedika211glitterspreetysadiaNuktaacheenbipskoolchickKim75pavsOzymandiasKaJen.xoxodesigrl05mariaa.xoisomersDexterkichokrifriends_rockTerenainaruky786

koolchick IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ladygaga

-Mmmmm- IF-Veteran Member
-Mmmmm-
-Mmmmm-

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by koolchick

That's good for her...if only other stars followed her lead

The only person who gets awarded without attending is AamirLOL

aaj kal toh aamir ko bhi award dena bund kar diya... LOL  i guess they must have felt rather give it to someone who would actually attend the show....

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyruspreetysadiaqwwwNuktaacheenkoolchickpooja_l.khoobsurat.sheeewida

.khoobsurat. IF-Sizzlerz
.khoobsurat.
.khoobsurat.

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:39pm | IP Logged
Maybe she thought she deserved it for 3 idiots. And many thought Vidya didn't deserve the award for Paa. So these awards never make everyone happy. Am glad she refused to come to the awards. Good for her. She realized that Golmaal 3 is not an award worthy performance and she ditched it.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sheeewida

turqoisedress IF-Stunnerz
turqoisedress
turqoisedress

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:43pm | IP Logged
So does that mean that she won't accept the award when she wins it next? Because it will be hypocritical to say awards are a joke and then to take it when she wins..

Atleast Aamir consistently boycotts the Indian awards like Zee, Filmfare, IIFA, Apsara, Star Screen, etc..

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

miley cyrusNuktaacheenqwww-Anjaani-pavs-Mmmmm-OzymandiasDexterkichokrichocogurlruky786

zoyah Goldie
zoyah
zoyah

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 2:44pm | IP Logged
she is sooo honest to accept it and respect herself to say something likethat loook how stupid it is when aishwarya is the only actress who give flop movies during alll the decade and she is the one to win the decade award lol hahahah 

Go to top