India-Forums

Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee
Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee

To All SS/FF/OS writers (Page 3)

Opti IF-Stunnerz
Opti
Opti

Posted: 15 January 2011 at 9:47pm | IP Logged
Since it is addressed to all FF writers, let me give my side.  I started writing fics a couple of years ago and in the beginning used to update every day, sometimes more than once a day.  I completed my first fic, a 350 page mammoth story,  in less than three months.  It was a sort of addiction those days when I wrote and wrote.  Since then though, my addiction has waned.

Here in the Geet forum, I converted some of my earlier work by only changing the names of my characters which really did not take time. So I could put up the entire fics in a couple of days.

I had no intention of writing any new stuff till I wrote a scene for Maaneet based on a promo and was encouraged by my readers here to continue it into a fic branching off from the main story of the show.  So I started writing again but couldn't match my earlier speed for various reasons, including lack of practice. I try to update at least once a week but sometimes am not able to do even that because of work, health and other considerations.  If and when I am up to it I do update more than once a day but making updating a rule will add a lot of pressure on the writers and not everyone may be in a position to adhere to such rules.

My readers have been understanding so far and I hope they will continue to be so.  

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

TishuuPoli.Geekmi7chimesliv2laughSigmajnawazJunglebee

iMadz IF-Rockerz
iMadz
iMadz

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sameeha786

I disagree with you. The thing is, us Fan Fiction authors have school/university/work to go to. We have homework/chores to do and we cannot be on the internet all the time. We have a life too you know. Making a rule to update your Fan Fiction at before two weeks is just putting pressure on the author. What if you were on holiday and you wanted to enjoy for a while and all was on your mind was "I need to update my Fan Fiction"? You won't be able to enjoy your holiday would you?

A rule on updating your Fan Fiction before two weeks is just ridiculous. Sorry if I am being a bit harsh, but I think I had to post this.

But  I agree on the part where author people are pleading and begging for updates, but someone did say "Patience is sweet in the end"

- Sameeha x

i agree dear.....

we all have lives n work.....n sumtime stupid "office over times" n "deadlines" too....

i knw we started it coz of maaneet luv....n for update it may tak sum time....

yes m against d discon'd FFs or SS....coz readers got attached n wait for next one eagerly n wen they say they r discontinuing...it hurts....a lot

but dis rule is not gud....

"mere ko updat krne ka tension ho jata he bad me"LOLLOLLOL

n we write for fun n not to tak worries.....!!!!

wt say....?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

TishuuPoli.Geekjnawaz

jnawaz IF-Sizzlerz
jnawaz
jnawaz

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 12:54am | IP Logged
im sorry but a RULE about updating FF...making it MANDATORY to update at least once in two weeks...ROFL...i think a LOT of ff's will be discontinued or banned cuz writers dont always have the time to do that...with such a young population here on IF...many people are school going people...others have jobs and what not...family issues...and life in general....like others have said...patience is a virtue...because the writers here on IF as so fabulous...their updates are always worth the wait...am i wrong?

JAZ

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

blueangel1308shivangi783TishuuPoli.GeekiMadzmi7chimes-pixie-liv2laugh

sweet_chilly IF-Rockerz
sweet_chilly
sweet_chilly

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 1:52am | IP Logged
You know i know how u feel..as me too is obsessed with all luvabybaby's fics...ROFLmore then the show..i think wat the next update will be...and well she hasnt been updating for a while.....Evil Smilegod i'm so evil...........butother wise its ok na..i can wait.............i think..LOL
maansa IF-Rockerz
maansa
maansa

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 3:17am | IP Logged
dearest TM.....
people who write OSs and FFs do have a life other than just entertaining us...Ermm respect that! Approve they are here to have fun just like the rest of us, and not to cater to some of the people's crazier whims Stern Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

TishuuPoli.Geekmi7chimes-pixie-Sigmajnawaz

Sigma IF-Sizzlerz
Sigma
Sigma

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:08am | IP Logged
I don't write any FFs myself but as a reader of several myself, I think you should try to put yourself in their shoes and then maybe your POV will change.

You ask it is too much to update once every 2 weeks, well the answer is obviously YES for some of the updaters as they are not updating every 2 weeks. I don't think they decide to write FFs wait til they have lots of followers and then sit back and go muhahaha now i've got them where i want them and don't update for long periods of time. Things can change the FF writer basically what I'm saying is the we don't know what is going on in their lives, they might be studying for the exams, have a lot of coursework to do, busying professionally, having trouble in their personal lives or they might not just be in the mood to write.

We should just be thankfully that they entertained us with their FF and have taken time out their life to write, it's not a job where they have to report for duty. Writing is hard and as Geet the show as wavered a bit of late (shown by the TRPs dropping too) I know some of the writers don't have the same inspiration to write that they did in the beginning. The writers should be forced and pushed into updating to make sure they comply with a time rule as the FF might suffer then as they will have to rush updates or some may not want to comply with such rules and shut their FF down. It isn't it better that the FF you follow is update at all compared to it not being there as a rule meant they didn't update fast enough, if you really love the FFs you follow then it would.

I think you really need to think about what if you were writing a FF yourself, it's a very difficult thing to do esp if other things in your life. Work, family and uni will always take up priority for the writers as it should and as readers we should appreciate the fact they updated when they do and the updates they have given, instead of being demanding.

If you don't like the speed of the updating on your FF there are tons of FFs in IF which are update more frequently if you are more into quantity.

TishuuPoli.Geekmaansa-pixie-liv2laughjnawaz

-pixie- IF-Rockerz
-pixie-
-pixie-

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:26am | IP Logged
While I am an impatient reader myself...I think the TM forgets that none of the writers on IF are full time, paid writers....they do not do this for a living and will have multiple other commitments besides writing up updates- education, work, families, friends etc etc. I am sure none of the readers are selfish enough to want that they sacrifice everything else to churn out updates for usLOL

At the same time I do appreciate your sentiments- therefore rather than dictating terms- I would urge the writers to just let the readers know the frequency of the updates- daily, weekly, fortnightly,monthly, quarterly (ok I can go on ...but I need to stop here). I think it will also keep the readers' enthusiasm under control. Most writers I know do follow this tradition.

Just because we have a forum where we interact with the writers does not mean that we can dictate terms to them...can you or I ask our favorite authors to publish their next book earlier...just because you and are going out of our minds in anticipation. They (our FF writers or the authors) are in no way obligated to heed to our demands and its unfair to even make such demands of them and their time. 

Edited by -pixie- - 16 January 2011 at 4:26am

Tishuumaansami7chimesliv2laughSigmajnawaz

mi7chimes IF-Rockerz
mi7chimes
mi7chimes

Posted: 16 January 2011 at 4:34am | IP Logged
Dear writers and readers,

Before i comment on the topic i should admit to the fact that i do neither, but still i will take the pleasure of calling myself a poet.. because that is some piece of writing i have been doing since school. but unfortunately how much ever i loved literature i could never find the time to continue my passion towards it nor write anything beyond poetry. Yes i had my studies to cater to.. for  the very need to earn to live my life. Joining i-f and staying hear to read the regular posts itself has is a huge asking from my daily life and now for somtime i have thrownup everything and is just here coz i love to be.. its my selfishness to b happy ! Similarly whatever we do, to do it with satisfaction.. we need an inner  goal and that might be different for different writers, and how much of our real life we can keep aside to pursue tat goal is different too... Maybe som like me might be able to keep aside their day-today lives for being a part of this community while some do not have tat luxury. So why not grand each one their right.. No one can force anyone out here.. and to put a virtual stamp limit to updating FFs.. tats creepy.. why cant writers have the joy of enjoying their writing just like you all enjoy reading it.. Remember neither are they paid to write nor do tey pay u to read.
Even if a writer updates can a reader be sure to read asap, no sometimes his/her life can com in btw tat pleasure.
If writers shud hav a rule, just think logically, how about writers deleting there work in a few days giving you a time limit to read? will u like tat??

Please live and let live.. and try not bind eachother by virtue of oblidgement (that does not exist in tis virtual world) rather than love! (which does)

Lov

Ress~

Edited by mi7chimes - 16 January 2011 at 4:41am

Tishuumaansa-pixie-liv2laughSigmajnawaz

Go to top