Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

choti_rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: Jake-neil

Very touching story, gudiya ji.. Next tym to make sure that i dont miss the update, u better PM me.. Else, i will shower u with new namesπŸ˜†

LOL arre shower toh kara diya names ka. Aap to pura bheeg doh ge mujhe. πŸ˜† Looks like I will have to PM you now. 
br2499 thumbnail
Beautiful update Eesha! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘
choti_rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: br2499

Beautiful update Eesha! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘

Thanks a lot Bee!
ANJ4 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sorry to keep bugging you - please up date soon .  even a little crumb from a cookie.
choti_rani thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Hey guys I know I haven't update either story in AGES! Ages being an understatement, but I made an attempt. I know nothing exciting, but there is a four month leap in the story. Enjoy and please let me know your thoughts. I also FINALLY named it. 

Part 9

Ahem shot up in bed and looked over at the clock. Three o'clock in the morning. He woke up earlier than normal that night. He was covered in sweat. He threw off the covers and walked into the bathroom. He looked into the mirror and couldn't recognize the man he was looking at. This man had dark circles around his eyes from the countless nights without any sleep. He had lost a lot of weight in these last three months. The four worst months of his life.

Things at the Modi Bhawan had gone from bad to worse. Rashi couldn't stand to even be in the same room as Ahem. He didn't talk to anyone and he barely ate well. He worked all day and all night to keep his mind off of Gopi. Her thoughts invaded his brain like a virus. The smell of her perfume, her clothes, her possessions were all in his room. He kept looking at them, touching them hoping and praying that she would come back to him. He was slowly withdrawing from everyone in his life, his friends, and even his family. All he did was work. That was the only thing that kept his mind off of Gopi. His nights were the worst. His dreams always started so nicely with him and Gopi living a peaceful and happy life, but they always ended with him waking up sweating in bed. They always ended with her leaving, her crying, her hurt and alone and always because of him. He knew he had no one else to blame but himself for all of this. Gopi had given him her love, her understanding, her whole life and what had he done in return. Gopi had followed every order he had given without any hesitations or questions and what had he done. Gopi had done everything she could to make him happy, and he had done everything he could to make her miserable.

Ahem snapped out of his thoughts and splashed some cold water onto his face. He walked back into his room and turned on the lights. He wasn't getting any more sleep that night. He switched on his laptop and grabbed some files from his briefcase. Tomorrow was an important day as Nirav was coming back from Delhi with their new project all finalized. Nirav and Ahem had worked day and night to get the project into motion. They had grown close, quickly becoming business partners and then friends. He was so happy these past few months. He had gotten a new lease in life by getting his little sister back. Nirav had told him all about his sister Gudiya and how he had lost her at such a young age. He had gotten her back and had sent her to Delhi to study. Ahem was excited to see him again. He had gone to Delhi this last month to visit Gudiya and finalize their project. He looked over at the clock and noticed that his mom and Kaki were probably up and in the kitchen making breakfast by now. He packed up his work and headed into the bathroom. He would get ready and go into the office a little early. He would finish the rest of the presentation there. He knew he had plenty of time before the meeting next week, but this way he knew he would have everything perfect. If Ahem Modi was known for anything in the business world it was his punctuality. Ahem quickly showered and dressed. He slowly walked over to the dresser and grabbed his most prized possession and placed it into his breast pocket. He made his way downstairs.

"Ahem beta you are already ready. Let me just get your tea and breakfast."

"No thank you Kakiji I'm not very hungry."

"Ahem this can't be. You didn't eat dinner last night and now no breakfast. You'll fall sick, please eat something for me." Ahem nodded and followed her to the dining table. He knew his Kakiji and Mom would worry all day so he pretended to eat a little to keep them happy.

Ahem slowly stood up and said his goodbyes before leaving for the office. He walked into the office earlier than usual to see it relatively empty. He had spent so much time there that it was a common thing for him to see it empty. He sat down on his desk and opened up his emails. There were several from his clients postponing his presentation from next week to the end of them month. He was disappointed at that. He knew it was a good thing because it would give him plenty of time to nail down the details, but now he wouldn't be as busy. Work had kept him away from thoughts of Gopi from invading for too long. He still thought about her night and day, but now without work he wouldn't have anything to keep him away from painful memories. He opened the one Nirav had sent about the project details. In it there was also a note about having to work through Delhi for several months. The sound of his cellphone drew him away from his emails.

"Hi Nirav. How was your flight?"

"Ahem I'm doing well thanks for asking. That is what I was actually calling you about. Did you get a chance to read through the email I sent this morning?"

"I did and I also saw that the clients want both of us to work through Delhi. How soon do I need to be there?"

"Actually that is why I called you. I didn't come back to Mumbai because the clients want us here tomorrow to start the property acquisitions right away. Can you be here by tomorrow?"

"Wow that soon huh. Yes I can be there tomorrow. I'll just finish up some last minute details here today and hand over other responsibilities to Jigar and be on a flight tonight."

"Great you'll stay with me and Gudiya and I won't take no for an answer. You are going to be living in this city for quite a while and I don't want you cooped up in a hotel. Plus Gudiya is an excellent cook. You won't miss Kakiji's cooking as much."

"Okay I'll email you the details of my flight and I'll see you tonight." Ahem hung up and called Jigar. He told him the details of his trip and the projects he was to handle while he was gone "Jigar if you need anything don't be afraid to call me. I still need to call Mom so I'll let you go. Just ask Meera for the files and she'll hand them over. I won't be here. I'm almost done with everything I need to do and then I'm going to go home and pack. Can you please book me on a flight tonight? Thank you." Ahem hung up the phone and called Koki.

"Hi Mom I just called to let you know I have to go to Delhi for business tonight. Can you please pack my suitcases?"

"Suitcases dikra? How long are you going to be gone for?"

"Well I'm not sure right now but at least until the end of the month for now."

"That is two and a half weeks dikra. You are going to stay in a hotel for that long?"

"No Mom I am going to be staying with Nirav and his sister in Delhi."

"Theek che Ahem. I will have everything packed for you." Ahem hung up and got to work right away. He finished the details on his presentations before leaving the files and notes for Jigar. He looked over at the clock. He grabbed the files he would need in Delhi and packed them up with his laptops. He arrived home to see that his Mom had packed two suitcases with his suits and his clothes for home. Jigar had also left his tickets on his desk in his room. His flight was in two hours so he quickly changed and went downstairs and ate a light lunch before leaving for the airport. He was glad for the change in scenery because at least now he won't be haunted with memories of Gopi everywhere. He boarded the plane and sat back in his seat looking forward to being a different city. 

br2499 thumbnail
Welcome Back Eesha! Wonderful update and I am looking forward to Aham meeting Gopi!
choti_rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: br2499

Welcome Back Eesha! Wonderful update and I am looking forward to Aham meeting Gopi!

I know Bee! Thank you so much. I've been so busy that I haven't had any time to write, but now with school over I'll have more time. 
choti_rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nafisa_blossoms

nice update.

Thanks so much Nafisa!
Rafeal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Eeshaji, why are you up so late? Ok the update was really good. Loved it. And do continue soon if you can get away from your nerdy life.
choti_rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: Jake-neil

Eeshaji, why are you up so late? Ok the update was really good. Loved it. And do continue soon if you can get away from your nerdy life.

Oh I can't sleep! I know it's 2:30 AM here. Thank you very much and I will try. The nerdy life if away for a couple of months at least. YAY!!!!