•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 13 years ago
Deepika Padukone and Siddharth Mallya are a 'couple', but there's nothing official about it yet. The subject of Vijay Mallya's eligible son only elicits a dazzling smile on Padukone's face, despite the fact that a video that captures the two kissing is available on YouTube. That gets eyebrows
shooting up, "I don't know of any such kiss." Well then, has she found her perfect man? "The man I finally marry will be my perfect man," she retorts.

Her ex, Ranbir Kapoor despite the chemistry they once shared, didn't turn out to be her Mr Perfect after all. In fact, she irked his parents, particularly dad Rishi Kapoor, with some comments about him on the TV show Koffee With Karan. A peeved Rishi insisted that she and Sonam, who was also on the chat show with her, had snapped all professional ties with his son. But Sonam's dad, Anil Kapoor who has himself been the butt of several industry jokes, asserted that they would definitely remain friends.

Deepika agrees, "Ranbir, Imran, Sonam and I share a certain comfort level, may be because we started our careers around the same time. So we can take some liberties with each other. Ranbir also said certain things about me on Karan's show; I've not taken them to heart. I don't think he is upset either. Our friendship will not be affected by what other people believe we should or should not say."

Rishi has ironed out his differences with Karan, and Ranbir could soon be working in another Dharma production to be helmed by Wake Up Sid director Ayan Mukherji. Has she sorted out her differences with Ranbir's dad too? "I never had any differences with anyone," she asserts. "Too much has been said about that episode already. It's over and done with, time to move on now."

On the work front, Deepika is paring up with Saif Ali Khan twice over, after previously sharing screen space with him in his first home production, Love Aaj Kal. She will be working with Saif in his third home production, a film being written by Imtiaz Ali that will be directed by Homi Adajania, and also in Prakash Jha's Aarakashan, in which she is playing Amitabh Bachchan's daughter. The role in the latter was earlier turned down by Katrina Kaif as there wasn't much for the female actor to do in a film dominated by three significant male characters played by Amitabh, Saif and Manoj Bajpai.

"Well, I am the one significant female character amongst the three males. I don't care what other people are doing or not doing. I've always wanted to work with Amitji, but I didn't think I'd get an opportunity this early in my career. The film came to me and I found it interesting. It touches on a serious issue. Our education system and the reservation policy is something that people should be made aware of."

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Deepika-still-friends-with-ex/Article1-650644.aspx
Out of those two KWK episodes with Ranbir-Imran and Deepika-Sonam, it was her parents that did not mention a thing to the media. That's what I like about her; she's much more independent in this industry than her contemporaries even though she started her career as a model.

Now if she and Ranbir just stop mentioning each other...😉
Aside from KWK, I likehow she presents herself. She's smart, independent, bold, interesting, sweet and most importantly, she's athletic, which is a rarity. But yes I agree with koolchick, enough of Ranbir and Deepika talking about each other.
But the reporter is asking her questions about ranbir. If she says no comments like she did last year than there will be more news about how she don't even want to talk about him
Great interview...Ranbir and Deepika chapter should be Edited by ruky786 - 13 years ago
Originally posted by eraser

Aside from KWK, I likehow she presents herself. She's smart, independent, bold, interesting, sweet and most importantly, she's athletic, which is a rarity. But yes I agree with koolchick, enough of Ranbir and Deepika talking about each other.

Very true. Deepika really knows how to present herself. She does come across as a very smart and independent woman and that is very evident in her interviews. She may not be the best actress out there but she is definitely growing with each film that she does. Out of all the current actresses I would say Deepika is the most level-headed of them all.
Daily News & Analysis  http://www.dnaindia.com/

Ranbir Kapoor is not hurt anymore: Deepika Padukone

DNA / Soumyadipta Banerjee / Saturday, January 15, 2011 13:27 IST

There was a time when actress Deepika Padukone would instantly clam up at the mere mention of actor and former flame Ranbir Kapoor. But there's been a change. Padukone on Thursday night, at the venue of the Zee Cine Awards in Singapore, appeared calm, confident and raring to go. And the demeanour didn't change even at the mention of her ex beau.

"Me, Imran, Ranbir, Sonam…we have all started in Bollywood at about the same time. And even though we are contemporaries, we are friends first.Besides, Ranbir and I belong to the same group of friends. And you cannot shun your group of friends just because of your relationship status, isn't it?" she asks.

Padukone says that both she and Kapoor understand and hold no grudges against each other anymore.

But what about the nasty comments that she and Sonam made on the actor on a chat show? "Ranbir is not hurt anymore. We have reached a stage where we have forgiven each other and hold no grudges. After a point, we (she and Ranbir) had a good laugh over it. Yes, we had our differences at one point of time and now that's not there. We are friends now and friends are allowed to take liberties with each other," she says.

She says that she is also not averse to doing a film with Kapoor as she feels that a career decision should always take precedence over matters of the heart. "Yes, we can work again. I see no problems about it. At the end of the day, there are a handful of actors in Bollywood and nobody can say that he or she won't work with the other person. I will never say something like that," she says.

Talking about her career, with a hit like Housefull and a huge flop like Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se, Padukone says that each has been a learning experience for her. "I know that critics have labelled it (Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Se) as a huge flop but trust me, the experience that I had while shooting for the film is also incomparable. I felt sad that the movie didn't do well as we expected but I got to know so much about our country's history. The experience of working with Ashutosh (Gowariker) has been worth it," she ends.

URL of the article: http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_ranbir-kapoor-is-not-hurt-anymore-deepika-padukone_1494808-all
I don't care about her flops because she has done some good films and I think she is improving, the media should forgot about what happened and move on
Love that interview and her answers.
I give full credit to Mama-Papa Padukone for all the +ives in this girl. Mama-Papa Padukone rock!! 😍