[Shiv-Gauri] The Oldest Story... - 3 (END -p. 134) - Page 17

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by sridevi27

His was just for the movie, 1920. I don't think he wears one in real life.

Ah......well I like it too though....I guess in an a way because it's a part of life for me, I have grown up in a traditional Brahmin community, so many of the boys I know have these.
option 1 BY FARRRRRRRRRRRR
Originally posted by blueangel13

Tammie,

The white thread running across the chest is a sacred thread worn by Hindu men, well i don't know if his is real or not but it's worn like that.

Oh, and I will get back on the voting, right now it's a tie between 1 and 4

So the thread attaches on the front of the pants goes up over the shoulder and...?  I've watched a jillion BW movies and have never seen this - or noticed it.  What is the significance?  And is okay for me to ask all the questions?😳
Originally posted by saomom

So the thread attaches on the front of the pants goes up over the shoulder and...? I've watched a jillion BW movies and have never seen this - or noticed it. What is the significance? And is okay for me to ask all the questions?😳

I dont mind any questions.

What the thread is, it's a thin cord consisting of either 3 or 5 strands of cotton thread. It's in a circle and worn across the shoulder as a sash. It's not attached to any clothing but lies against the body all the time.

It's a Marking of the coming of age of the men, marks their acceptance of the responsibilities of society.

The thread is changed Once a year.

I dont know if I am explaining this properly, feel free to add on to this.Edited by blueangel13 - 13 years ago

[
Try these:

Wanida (this one has Tik 😉):  

Bow See Chompoo (this one has Chakrit and he's in a league all his own!)

Wong Wian Hua Jai - I love this one! (the female lead is half thai and half indian and used to date Niki's new man ;)  - Aum Aitchart)

@bold ....wait wait wait what you follow lakron gossip too? where do you get the time girl? I barely have time to keep up with my family gossip let alone keep up with what actors do!😆😆 
Originally posted by nikipuki

@bold ....wait wait wait what you follow lakron gossip too? where do you get the time girl? I barely have time to keep up with my family gossip let alone keep up with what actors do!😆😆 

lol... that's really old lakorn gossip (back when I was hard-core obsessed with lakorns during my pre-FF writing times... ah, the good ol' times ;)
they dated and broke up too... oh well...  the funny thing is that the girl looks a LOT like Aff (the female lead in JLR)
Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
I am totally playing unfair, but here's Option #4 and adah sharma ðŸ˜‰

I am totally playing unfair, but here's Option #4 and adah sharma ðŸ˜‰

LOL - looks like she drank some of your jadoo pani 😆 

Hey the dude has had some serious surgery, check out below his jaw line looks like a pretty big scar

Originally posted by nikipuki

LOL - looks like she drank some of your jadoo pani 😆 

Hey the dude has had some serious surgery, check out below his jaw line looks like a pretty big scar

Lol!  Or, he fell when he was young, hard enough to fracture both his knees, and likely chucked his chin pretty hard too... ;)
another couple, I wasn't expecting that, thank you Devi