Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 13 years ago

Chapter 102:  Ellem

Part 1 – "I Heart You" 

[If you can, play this alongside… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBTkZ1sZ1Ag]

"Shaan" 

He heard her call his name and opened his eyes with effort, reaching his hand over to search for her on the bed before it struck him that she had not sounded like she was near him.

"Over here…"  He heard her voice again and looked over to the other side of the room.

She was standing there in her long satin wrapper and a pair of…heels?  And now that he looked her over more carefully, he noticed that she had also done her hair so that it was running in soft waves down her back, her lips were a ruby red, and her eyelashes and kohl were doubly strong…

"T, you planning on being the Indian Marilyn Monroe?" he asked, smiling, as he sat up in bed to watch her.

"Ah… alas, we don't have a vent below me to blow air and raise my satin wrapper to the high heavens so that you can see lovely stems…" she said in a spot-on Marilyn affectation as she smoothed her hair down and puckered a lips to blow him a kiss.

"Now, I am going to put on a show for you my love.  You just lay back and enjoy…"  she turned around to grab a microphone?  He lay back down before he asked, "Are you doing Karaoke?"

She didn't respond, but turned on her karaoke machine and a peppy, almost child-like beat started that he had never heard before.

And in her clear alto voice, she started to sing,

"I've said some nasty things,
cruel words I didn't mean,
still you give me love, you give me love."

He raised his eyebrows as he smiled at that intro.

"I know I've made you cry,
told you a few white lies,
still you give me love, you give me love...
and it's the undying kind
even through trying times."

She paused for a beat as her eyes flickered with emotion, and then she continued,

"You have the heart, you have the heart
to hold on to mine
oh, because you do, because you do…"
I-I-I-I-I"

She paused now to bring up her hands and made a gesture, first pointing to herself, then making a heart sign, and then pointing at him as she sang,

"I heart you" 

He sat up in bed then.

She continued as the music kept on…

"I can be a grumpy mess,
you always pass the test,
and you give me love, you give me love.
When I get a bit ratty
you make me cups of tea,
and you give me love, you give me love."

She walked closer to him now, the microphone's wires extending with her movements.

"And it's the easy kind
may it last a life-time…" 

She gave him a longing look.

"You have the heart, you have the heart
to hold on to mine..
oh because you do, because you do
I-I-I-I-I,

I heart you.."

He got off the bed now to walk closer to her.

She smiled as she took his hand in her free one and did a little jig as she continued singing,

"You know I do
la lalala lala la lalala la la
you have my, you have my- heart
la lalala lala la lalala la
you have my, you have my
you have my heart
you have the heart
to hold onto mine
oh because you do, because you do
I-I-I-I-I, oh
you have the heart, you have the heart
to hold onto to hold onto mine
because you do, because you
I-I-I-I-I…"

Before she could end with the title phrase, he grabbed her to whisper in her ear,

"I heart you…"

just as she made its gesture with her hands again.

Her lips parted in surprise and her eyes filled without warning and she hugged him.  "You stole my thunder, my love.  That was supposed to be my big finish."

"Then tell me again."  He said as he wrapped his arms around her.

"I heart you."  

Part – 2   Inside Still Beats

[Playing this here will likely help… Gosh, I feel so interactive today ;)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc26ksanPQw&NR=1]

When he walked out of the bathroom in the morning after his shower, he saw her standing right in front of their television watching a commercial.   She was humming along with it, although he couldn't hear the words.  Pretty soon the commercial was over and he saw her rush over to her laptop; before he knew it, the same song started playing.  This time, it was louder and he could hear the words…  and he saw that she was singing along in a loud voice.

"I'm one, I'm Two, I'm Three times all into you
Inside My Heart It Still Beats
I'm Four, I'm Five, I'm Six at the best of times
But Inside My Heart It Still Beats.. Boom Boom"

He laughed soundlessly to not disturb her when he heard her "boom boom"; he had never seen Gauri in such a cute avatar.

"La-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-dai-dum-dum 
And Inside My Heart It Still Beats
I'm Seven, I'm Eight, I'm Nine times a renegade
Rejecting a faith I can't Keep
I'm Ten, I'm Eleven, at times I'm in seventh heaven
But Inside My Heart It Still Beats"

And this time, when she did the harmonizing for the "La-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-dai-dum-dum" she started to dance around the room, still wearing only his button-down shirt, although it was now buttoned down.  And then she saw him leaning against the bathroom door and came to an abrupt halt.

"Wow, my hard-core Eminem fan of a wife is listening to Ladidadidadi dum dum… boom boom music?"

"It's a Honda commercial… I just figured it's the type of music that babies in tummies like, you know…" she gestured with her hands.

"Ladidadidadidadi dadi dadi dum dum…" he started for her with a laugh again and she joined in the laugh and the song as she finished, "Inside my heart it still beats…"

----------------------------------------------------

AU Notes (this is completely irrelevant and useless info , so feel free to skip):  Can I tell you that my analytical, engineer-headed mix of a bf randomly puts on the second youtube video a few days ago and starts singing "ladidadidadi dum dum" to me… when I looked at him quizzically, he says, "What?  It's just a Honda commercial.  That's the only reason I know it…"  So of course, I listened to the whole thing… so catchy.  Ellem has a great voice.  So, after that, I search and find another Ellem video ("I heart you") and start playing it and he gives no indication that he knows this song… until the very end that is when he turns to me and sings along with the last line, "I heart you"   ;) … so of course I had to write an update about it ;) 

Edited by sridevi27 - 13 years ago
saomom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
<sigh>  You always have the best music...  That was a delightful update!
Cytherea thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Devi!! you updated again!!..wohoo!!guess its my lucky day..lol
awesome work as per usual..i am totally in love with shashank and shiv..lol
if you know any such guys personally, be sure to send them my way 😉
i listened to i heart you..loved the song!!
please keep up the great work
bushrayou thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If u are amazingly lucky enough to have a bf that inspires you to write such endearing and heart warming stories then it is my honest prayer that he continues to grace you for a long time to come.... Inshallah.

Ps- love these two men and for you to living this in rreality then damn girl I am jealous :)
charlie1950 thumbnail
so sweet the note part
how reality got entagled
in ur friction

jazzerette thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
My friend is a car-freak...always checking out latest magazines and stuffs... in fact she is a car-romantic...has a thing for car commercials like we would watch a romantic song of our favorite actor. And she introduced me to Ellem's Inside My Heart Still Beats few months ago. 

Now its our official song for our Girl's Night sessions!! And we dance real silly to it....and imagining Gauri dancing to it is just toooooo cute!!! La-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-dai-dum-dum .....La-di-da-di-da-di-da-di-da-dai-dum-dum!!

Edited by jazzerette - 13 years ago
arabianpaki thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
..now only if there some fishes left in the pond for us single girls who would make us as happy as Shiv and Shaan make their ladies happy!

oh and your side note was really cute!
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
wow.............4 different jodis and love stories.....................amazing....................but Shiv and Gauri took the top place..........................awesome part.......................cont soon dear.................
kyphfanz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
A friend of mine baby-sits and she plays this Honda commercial a million times for the kids! and they seriously love it.

Sweet update. I need to tell my bf to read this story ;)
spvd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
part 102
nice part.......................cont soon..................