Harry Potter
Harry Potter

Romance for Harry in HBP:

Who-I-Used-2-Be IF-Rockerz
Who-I-Used-2-Be
Who-I-Used-2-Be

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 12:20pm | IP Logged

A/c to mugglenet:

Bloomsbury has added a book 6 countdown to their site. Yesterday, if you clicked on the 14th, a new window opened up showing a picture hinting at a romance for Harry in Half-Blood Prince! Thanks to TLC for the heads-up.

So guys, what do u ppl think, who's going to be the lucky girl????? TLCTLCSmile I think it maybe Luna...( i somehow dont like the idea of Harry-Ginny, and Harry-Hermy seems not possible (As much as i'll love it).....So, without being biased, Wink i think its possible that Harry will get together with Luna..Harry-Ginny have a chance too....Ouch Or who knows, maybe it'll be some other girl...R u listening, misha???? Wink)

Edited by simplyvivacious - 15 February 2005 at 12:23pm

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 15 February 2005 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Thanks for posting, Simply!

About Harry's Love interest:

Biased view: Another girl - ME! Wink

Unbiased POV:

I also think that it might be Luna or Ginny.

Luna: She understands what Harry has been going through; they both share a common bond in terms of losing a loved one. At the moment Harry pities Luna even though he thinks that she's weird. That pity might gradually evolve into something more romantic.

Ginny: Everyone knows that Ginny had the biggest crush on Harry, but due to his lack of interest, she "gave up" on him (which does not imply that she still doesn't have feelings for him). When Ginny was younger, she was tongue-tied around Harry and always remained shy and quiet. We really see her blossom in Book 5 where she reveals a more reckless, dont-care-if-I-break-the-rules edge to herself. She surprised Harry at several counts - He actually noticed aspects of her that he wasn't aware of previously. Possible for this to evolve into a romantic relationship as well.

Hermione is JUST A FRIEND...She likes Ron (who is too dense to realize that he likes her too) and Harry also has no romantic feelings for her.

-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 3:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplyvivacious

[maybe it'll be some other girl...R u listening, misha???? Wink)

i wish Wink
-misha IF-Sizzlerz
-misha
-misha

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 3:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplyvivacious

maybe it'll be some other girl...R u listening, misha???? Wink)

please let it be me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by misha - 16 February 2005 at 3:05am
PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 4:59pm | IP Logged
um...sorry MysticaMagic...Ron and Hermione WONT HAPPEN. u no y? coz JK. Rowling's not that type of writer. She's not that obvious. What do you think? Just coz they both fight alot doesn't mean they'll end ^ together. JK Rowling's not gonna make it that obvious. She hide's things in her writing. For example, in the Chamber of Secrets, you think Harry's the heir of Slytherin, but he's not. Rowling plays tricks and one of her tricks is that Ron and Hermione will end up together.
PixieDust91 Goldie
PixieDust91
PixieDust91

Posted: 16 February 2005 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Harry and Hermione will happen. Here are sum insights from CoS>http://talk.portkey.org/index.php?showtopic=13888
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 7:56am | IP Logged

um...sorry MysticaMagic...Ron and Hermione WONT HAPPEN. u no y? coz JK. Rowling's not that type of writer. She's not that obvious.

I agree that JKR is not very obvious most of the time, but that is mainly restricted to the main plot of the story - which is not about Harry's love life. I clearly remember what she said about R/Hr when someone asked her about them "I thought it was obvious...Didn't you figure it out already. You'll have to read b/w the lines of that one" or something along those lines. In this case, she is being fairly obvious. Even when she says that you'll have to read b/w the lines, it is clear that she has said all that she needed to say and that if you want to speculate - go ahead and do so.

What do you think? Just coz they both fight alot doesn't mean they'll end ^ together. JK Rowling's not gonna make it that obvious.

You do have a point...Fighting does not imply a romance. However, if you notice what they fight ABOUT, it is very clear that the fights = sparks - the clashing of opposites and the attraction as well.

In the PS, Hermione gets upset when RON calls her a "nightmare"...she pushes past him and spends hours in Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, crying. Ron's words had an impact to hurt her---the one's we love can hurt us the most with their words.

In GOF, Hermy says "Just because its taken you ages to figure out that I'm a girl Ron, it doesn't mean that someone else hasn't."

"Next time, ask me before someone else does"

"Completely missed the point!" -- Ron sputters..

Harry thought that Herm. had gotten the point better than Ron, but he valued his just restored friendship w/ Ron too much to argue with him. --- Its very clear from this above incident that Harry figured it out that Herm Likes Ron.

If you read OoTP - Hermione kisses both Harry and Ron on the cheek b4 the Quidditch match. Harry was not affected by it at all - he was busy trying to get Ron out of the Hall w/o seeing the Slytherin's badges. But, Ron on the other hand, was dazed and touching the spot where Hermy had kissed him.

Ron's continuous Jealousy about Hermy writing to "Vicky", the way he ignored his date just glaring at both Hermy and Krum, also shows that he likes her back, but is too dense to realize it completely.

She hide's things in her writing. For example, in the Chamber of Secrets, you think Harry's the heir of Slytherin, but he's not.

Actually, I didn't think Harry was the Heir. Smile 

But, other than that, the movies are also adding elements to hint towards a R/Hr relationship - the way Hermy felt uncomfortable about hugging Ron in PS (She hugged Harry very comfortably - like a brother, but was hesitant with Ron...Already an indication that she was thinking of him in other ways), the hand-holding, "move closer" to the Shrieking shack - All of those elements have been approved by JKR.

(Btw, that link had some interesting posts about H/Hr, but I think that Harry's feelings for Hermione are more along the lines of a dear friend or a sister...Also, sorry if the quotes are not exact, I was writing them from memory.Embarrassed)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

liyanasahir99

Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 17 February 2005 at 7:58am | IP Logged
Whoa! I never intended to write such a long post...got carried away.LOL

Go to top