Saath Nibhaana Saathiya
Saath Nibhaana Saathiya

Abortion is a sin? (Page 4)

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 22 January 2011 at 6:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by monalidp

I wanted to stay away from this discussion but can't help now.
Okay, so Gopi Vahu considers abortion as sin. So? She is an idiot and nobody in MM should have listened to her, right? Koki who is the decision maker of the house and the guard dog of 'khandan ki izzat' just agreed to Gopi Vahu? Guys, its just the CVs using Gopi Vahu to drag their crap story. They don't give a damn about what they are promoting. I am sure they did not think if its PRO-LIFE or PRO-CHOICE (may be because there is no real issue, the pregnancy is fakeTongue).
Imagine what would have happened if Koki had taken Kinjal for abortion. LOL. Kinjal's dirty little secret would have been out and the track would be finished in a week.Confused So clever CVs have used poor Gopi Vahu to take a 'PRO-LIFE' stance so that they can drag this boring track for another couple of weeks.  That's it.

Laila, SNS is a different show. It does not address any social issues so don't go looking for any answers here. Tongue Take it easy.
Monalidp: I liked everything you wrote, but please, not need for the "Take it easy" comment Smile It's an Indian thing I have noted, but where I come from it is seen as being disrespectful and patronizing.  We have not go to the point where Kinjal's pregnancy was fake, but that still means she was sexually active with Umaang and I can only imagine what Kokila is thinking at this point. Are there more surpises in store with news that Umaang and her never did the horizontal tango and don't know what it is - they just made up this storyline then I am really stunned.

monalidp Senior Member
monalidp
monalidp

Posted: 23 January 2011 at 4:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Laila2009

Originally posted by monalidp

I wanted to stay away from this discussion but can't help now.
Okay, so Gopi Vahu considers abortion as sin. So? She is an idiot and nobody in MM should have listened to her, right? Koki who is the decision maker of the house and the guard dog of 'khandan ki izzat' just agreed to Gopi Vahu? Guys, its just the CVs using Gopi Vahu to drag their crap story. They don't give a damn about what they are promoting. I am sure they did not think if its PRO-LIFE or PRO-CHOICE (may be because there is no real issue, the pregnancy is fakeTongue).
Imagine what would have happened if Koki had taken Kinjal for abortion. LOL. Kinjal's dirty little secret would have been out and the track would be finished in a week.Confused So clever CVs have used poor Gopi Vahu to take a 'PRO-LIFE' stance so that they can drag this boring track for another couple of weeks.  That's it.

Laila, SNS is a different show. It does not address any social issues so don't go looking for any answers here. Tongue Take it easy.
Monalidp: I liked everything you wrote, but please, not need for the "Take it easy" comment Smile It's an Indian thing I have noted, but where I come from it is seen as being disrespectful and patronizing.  We have not go to the point where Kinjal's pregnancy was fake, but that still means she was sexually active with Umaang and I can only imagine what Kokila is thinking at this point. Are there more surpises in store with news that Umaang and her never did the horizontal tango and don't know what it is - they just made up this storyline then I am really stunned.
I am 100% sure Kinjal-Umang were not sexually active as these kinds of 'immoral' things do not fit in a 'clean' show like SNS. It does not take up any real issues - neither the pregnancy is real nor the pre-marital sex.

As to 'Take it easy',  it's not an 'Indian Thing' neither is it considered disrespectful and patronising from where I come. People all over the world use this phrase when they are trying to soothe someone or trying to create some harmony.  
PS -I am off this topic now. I just like to focus on the more pleasant aspects of SNS like Sadhli's two latest VMs on GoHem Star 
Adios.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

upasana.diyasimran15

upenswife Newbie
upenswife
upenswife

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 1:00am | IP Logged
I agree, abortions are a personal choice.  I believe they can make people's lives better.  I mean, i know i'm not allowed to talk abt this on here and what not, but i watch 16&pregnant and teen moms on MTV and those highschool girls really struggle! they're just lucky they have their parents support in those shows.  But back to our indian community or w.e. I think if a girl was to get pregnant somehow without using proper birth control, whether she was married or not it should be entirely up to her whether she is ready to become a mother or not.  There has been many many shows in which an abortion has happened (ONE example... Pavitra Ristha). Choti Kagri's life would've been so much better had that been an option.  This show would've also been less predictable!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SaNiCoDriftInfinitelyLaila2009

Laila2009 IF-Rockerz
Laila2009
Laila2009

Posted: 24 January 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by upenswife

I agree, abortions are a personal choice.  I believe they can make people's lives better.  I mean, i know i'm not allowed to talk abt this on here and what not, but i watch 16&pregnant and teen moms on MTV and those highschool girls really struggle! they're just lucky they have their parents support in those shows.  But back to our indian community or w.e. I think if a girl was to get pregnant somehow without using proper birth control, whether she was married or not it should be entirely up to her whether she is ready to become a mother or not.  There has been many many shows in which an abortion has happened (ONE example... Pavitra Ristha). Choti Kagri's life would've been so much better had that been an option.  This show would've also been less predictable!
I think that is what we as women should advocate. No woman should be pressured by the word SIN that it is wrong and that's my point. When they show has the lead character push such an agenda it is wrong - very wrong.  The reason why we have few abortions and why these girls are struggling is as a result of the US pro-life movement.  Before a young girl would be given the option of an abortion but now that the stigman of having unborn children has been removed in the US (thanks to the pro-life movement) illegitimate children are now dime a dozen in this country.  On top of that these girls are not given contraceptives (part of the abstinence movement also pushed by those who are pushing the pro-life agenda). I am just shocked to see that it has made its way to India.

Edited by Laila2009 - 25 January 2011 at 9:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

SaNiCoDriftInfinitely

SaNiCo Goldie
SaNiCo
SaNiCo

Posted: 25 January 2011 at 5:05pm | IP Logged
Well said laila and here I am only  voicing my opinion based on what I am reading here on these posts about the show.

This Agenda  is given by religion and politics and millions of dollars are also at stake.  If this movement has already reached India..BUT  Indians are definitely not ready for this kind of politics. India has many other issues at hand to face than adding this one more in the mix?!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Laila2009

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Saath Nibhaana Saathiya Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index